1. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    30 Jan '07 02:48
    Originally posted by Teshuvah
    Is 19 considered many?

vanessaisarrousing only played 19 games and got 3b loving.
    blatant outside assistance, falls under 3b. just look at the fens:

http://www.redhotpawn.com/core/viewpublicgames.php?isminiboard=on&uid=332985
  2. Joined
    26 Nov '06
    Moves
    30 Jan '07 02:59
    Originally posted by wormwood
    blatant outside assistance, falls under 3b. just look at the fens:

http://www.redhotpawn.com/core/viewpublicgames.php?isminiboard=on&uid=332985
    lol...

Holy crap some people are so pathetic!
  3. Joined
    25 Sep '04
    Moves
    30 Jan '07 14:01
    Originally posted by Dragon Fire
    ...stop obsessing about it and enjoy the game.
    Dragon Fire is 100 percent right. I’ve played on 5 or 6 different sites and have found one thing in common on all of them. It’s almost always the low rated players who complain about engine use. They lost to somebody and immediately think they encountered an engine user. Reminds me of those people on American Idol who are told they can’t sing then get all huffy about it. Rarely have I heard 2000 plus players bellyaching about engine use. Yeah, I know what some of you are thinking. Of course they don’t complain because they’re guilty. Fact is there are tons of strong players out there who don’t use engines. Do you think DF needs an engine to beat a 1500? Players at his level enjoy the challenge of playing strong players and if they lose a game once in a while for whatever reason, their attitude is usually, so what. Time for another game.
  4. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    30 Jan '07 15:57

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

5. Joined
    25 Sep '04
    Moves
    30 Jan '07 16:59
    On another site where I sub, there was a similar discussion and most of the 2300+ players (many with verifiable FIDE ratings) pretty much agreed it’s a non-issue for them. I’m currently playing a postal tmt. where two of my opponents when I played them 6-12 months ago were 1850ish. Now they’re 2100 and I noticed they have some recent wins from masters. Makes me suspicious, but I’m not going to say anything because it really doesn't matter all that much.
  6. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    31 Jan '07 13:18
    When you look through the history of the most memorable cheating accusations you find the player making the accusation is themselves cheating (and gets banned for it some time later) and cannot believe someone else could beat them without doing likewise.

Presumably they think they are too clever to be caught!
  7. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    31 Jan '07 13:374 edits
    Originally posted by masscat
    Dragon Fire is 100 percent right. I’ve played on 5 or 6 different sites and have found one thing in common on all of them. It’s almost always the low rated players who complain about engine use. They lost to somebody and immediately think they encountered an engine user. Reminds me of those people on American Idol who are told they can’t sing then get al ...[text shortened]... once in a while for whatever reason, their attitude is usually, so what. Time for another game.
    Reposted to correct my bad grammer

Sometimes lower rated players even win, Game 2211536 or Game 2439096 although usually they lose, Game 2788586, Game 2448882, Game 2448883. Although two of my opponents above have been banned for cheating I did not yell "cheat" once (I didn't yell it more than once either).

I did not feel in any of the above games that any moves were engine inspired but if I come up against a player where the moves are obviously engine inspired I will report it but being outplayed and losing does not fall into that category.
  8. Joined
    25 Sep '04
    Moves
    31 Jan '07 16:55
    My best experience was the guy I’m sure was using an engine, probably a freebie. I managed to hold on and reached a lost R&P ending. Even I could see the winning plan. Apparently he didn’t realize his engine couldn’t play end games worth squat because he kept shifting his R back & forth and making meaningless checks and eventually lost.
  9. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    31 Jan '07 16:59
    Originally posted by masscat
    My best experience was the guy I’m sure was using an engine, probably a freebie. I managed to hold on and reached a lost R&P ending. Even I could see the winning plan. Apparently he didn’t realize his engine couldn’t play end games worth squat because he kept shifting his R back & forth and making meaningless checks and eventually lost.
    Another dead give away. It takes a human to see that "inferior" move that actually wins.
  10. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    31 Jan '07 17:10
    Another dead give away. It takes a human to see that "inferior" move that actually wins.
    I always find it strange when a supposed top class player sacs material to drag a lost game out by a move or two.

D
  11. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    31 Jan '07 17:26
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    I always find it strange when a supposed top class player sacs material to drag a lost game out by a move or two.

D
    Another dead giveaway, in my opinion. Only engines do this - top players resign when they have no further counterplay (but this is only my opinion of course).
  12. Standard memberDiet Coke
    Forum Vampire
    Sidmouth, Uk
    Moves
    31 Jan '07 17:34
    Another dead giveaway, in my opinion. Only engines do this - top players resign when they have no further counterplay (but this is only my opinion of course).
    I have seen players OTB give spite checks when mate against them is inevitable.

The odd thing is I had over half an hour on my clock.
  13. Joined
    13 Apr '06
    Moves
    25 Mar '07 22:44
    Arrgh could not resist opening the skeletons in the closet on this old thread.
  14. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    25 Mar '07 22:52
    Originally posted by z00t
    Arrgh could not resist opening the skeletons in the closet on this old thread.
    So much fun, dear z00t..
  15. Joined
    21 Sep '06
    Moves
    26 Mar '07 00:34
    Bad, naughty z00t. 😀

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree