1. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    21 Feb '11 12:30
    Originally posted by atticus2
    Agreed. To be comprehensively ridiculed is far worse.

However, his rating decline has been too swift for me. I've been waiting patiently for over two weeks to harvest my 'reward'. His skulls finally appear on my list in approx 25 hours time. Do all gather round as I happily crush them. Alas, they'll only be worth a point or two by then
    you deserve more for flushing him out. he will no doubt return
  2. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    21 Feb '11 13:09
    Agreed. To be comprehensively ridiculed is far worse.

However, his rating decline has been too swift for me. I've been waiting patiently for over two weeks to harvest my 'reward'. His skulls finally appear on my list in approx 25 hours time. Do all gather round as I happily crush them. Alas, they'll only be worth a point or two by then
    I have heard that he is coming back just to move in your games to prevent you getting the timeout wins! 😛
  3. Standard memberatticus2
    Frustrate the Bad
    Liverpool
    Moves
    21 Feb '11 13:36
    Originally posted by adramforall
    I have heard that he is coming back just to move in your games to prevent you getting the timeout wins! 😛
    That thought had occurred; hence my provocative post 😛
  4. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    22 Feb '11 08:091 edit
    Originally posted by roma45
    [b]how many cheats do you think are playing here? i think about 8

Originally posted by David Tebb
    Do you mean 8 thousand or 8 hundred?

Or 8 in the top 10?[/b]

One wonders.
  5. Standard memberatticus2
    Frustrate the Bad
    Liverpool
    Moves
    22 Feb '11 13:42
    Feb 22, 2011 @ 13.39 GMT, after 16 days 20 hours 19 mins, I finally cracked his skulls 🙄

Netted a miserable 2pts for them - and for my clan. The best things in life are free...
  6. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    22 Feb '11 14:32
    Feb 22, 2011 @ 13.39 GMT, after 16 days 20 hours 19 mins, I finally cracked his skulls 🙄

Netted a miserable 2pts for them - and for my clan. The best things in life are free...
    almost feel sorry for him. NOT
  7. Romania
    Moves
    22 Feb '11 20:55
    you deserve more for flushing him out. he will no doubt return
    Of course he will return. Isn't it clear that he was a victim of the ferocious individuals who populate this forum? He was innocent, he was not guilty of impersonation, atticus and Andrew Martin are two liars! Had he been found to impersonate a real-life GM, it's obvious that RHP would have closed his account promptly. But this did not happen.
  8. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    22 Feb '11 22:14
    Originally posted by cotoi
    Of course he will return. Isn't it clear that he was a victim of the ferocious individuals who populate this forum? He was innocent, he was not guilty of impersonation, atticus and Andrew Martin are two liars! Had he been found to impersonate a real-life GM, it's obvious that RHP would have closed his account promptly. But this did not happen.
    why is he not fighting his corner if he is innocent? disappearing like lord lucan is not helping him. no need for RHP to take action hes fell on the sword and did their job for them. if you have prove people are liars show it or disappear with your "friend"
  9. gumtree
    Moves
    22 Feb '11 22:38
    why is he not fighting his corner if he is innocent? disappearing like lord lucan is not helping him. no need for RHP to take action hes fell on the sword and did their job for them. if you have prove people are liars show it or disappear with your "friend"
    Trial by internet forum usually results in a guilty verdict no matter what the merits or otherwise of the case. He isn't defending himself so he must be guilty. Or, if he feels the need to defend himself he must be guilty. He probably knows this already and can't be assed. He's probably back already pretending to be someone else anyway.

I say call out the pitch fork wielding mob, ferret him out from his hidey hole and burn the bugger! That seems suitable punishment for a first offence, if he does it again the punishment should be much more severe.
  10. Romania
    Moves
    23 Feb '11 00:28
    if you have prove people are liars show it or disappear with your "friend"
    RHP proved this conclusively by not banning the player in question! He IS innocent, atticus and Andrew Martin are two liars. Most likely atticus was losing in his games against Norblackheart and found this way to avoid an inevitable defeat. It sounds logical to me.
  11. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    23 Feb '11 10:40
    RHP proved this conclusively by not banning the player in question! He IS innocent, atticus and Andrew Martin are two liars. Most likely atticus was losing in his games against Norblackheart and found this way to avoid an inevitable defeat. It sounds logical to me.
    this comes from someone who has not moved for 218 days because of cheats, dont worry keep calling people liars and you will soon be banned.
  12. Joined
    25 Jul '07
    Moves
    23 Feb '11 11:51
    roma - I think cotoi was being sarcastic when he wrote the above. I don't think he is accusing atticus of lying, nor is he defending GM noggin. That's how I read it, anyway.
  13. Standard memberatticus2
    Frustrate the Bad
    Liverpool
    Moves
    23 Feb '11 12:591 edit
    It's how I read it too.

But it need not have come to this. I initially offered him two draws. Normally I'd have resigned both games at the start to someone like this. But we were in the 1/14 Clan league, and I had my team to think of. So play a few moves, equalise, then get out of the games with two halves. Leave the rest to the Mods one day.

However, GM Norb declined both offers without comment. No worries; I can take a bit of rudeness in my stride. Maybe his English wasn't up to a reply. So next move, I explained why I was offering two draws. I explained, as I've mentioned above, that normally I'd have resigned both games at the start but I'd didn't want my team disadvantaged. Moreover, I really didn't want to play him at all. To make sure he understood, I even explained my reasons in Norwegian: Du er en utro sekk med dritt

This earned me a reply - in fluent English. The reason I wanted two draws, he claimed, was because I was scared of losing to a GM. He could tell I was a strong player, but he could also understand my fear. And if I cared to Google the name Kjetil Lie, I would find out who he was.

Right. Well now. What to do? So I replied observing that, if he was Kjetil Lie, I was a banana. Furthermore, it would take me an email or two to check directly with Kjetil, so he'd be well-advised to take the draws. That made him STFU. He declined the draw offers a second time; and I set about contacting Kjetil Lie. That took ten minutes via Facebook. Kjetil Lie & I have a shared 'friend' in Andrew Martin. Andrew made contact for me, and a few minutes later, the job was done. Simple
  14. e4
    Moves
    23 Feb '11 15:081 edit
    The trouble with these threads is the wise guys read them too.

The threads on catching cheats via match up's are full of info
    cheats use to avoid detection.

Now 'do not impersonate a chess player who has a Facebook account'
    has been added to the list. 🙂

I see GM NoMoreMoves is now down to 1842.

On the 2nd March 1842 a horse called Gaylad won the Grand National.

Just thought I'd add that in. It may score you a point in a pub quiz one day.
  15. gumtree
    Moves
    23 Feb '11 15:17
    Originally posted by greenpawn34
    The trouble with these threads is the wise guys read them too.

The threads on catching cheats via match up's are full of info
    cheats use to avoid detection.

Now 'do not impersonate a chess player who has a Facebook account'
    has been added to the list. 🙂

I see GM NoMoreMoves is now down to 1842.

On the 2nd March 1842 a horse called Gaylad ...[text shortened]... d National.

Just thought I'd add that in. It may score you a point in a pub quiz one day.
    So we should be on the lookout for someone calling themselves Neddy Gaylad? I wonder if anyone could be banned for impersonating a dead horse? Or even a dead Greek?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree