Grintzi was Banned

Grintzi was Banned

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D

Moves
09 Jun 08

f
Quack Quack Quack !

Chesstralia

Moves
09 Jun 08

RHP should have a list of the players banned in the last month and the reaos ... then we can be happy ...
after a month the entries in the list should be removed ... then they wil not be a list of famous people - they will disappear from sight

K
Chess Warrior

Riga

Moves
09 Jun 08
1 edit

The post that was quoted here has been removed
Actually when Grintzi was banned then list of banned players were not removed yet. And reason of his ban was 3 (b).

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
09 Jun 08

Originally posted by flexmore
RHP should have a list of the players banned in the last month and the reaos ... then we can be happy ...
after a month the entries in the list should be removed ... then they wil not be a list of famous people - they will disappear from sight
Then we can have more threads like this one. Whoo. 😀

DF
Lord of all beasts

searching for truth

Moves
09 Jun 08

Originally posted by SwissGambit
Then we can have more threads like this one. Whoo. 😀
Anyone banned since then?

z

Moves
09 Jun 08

Originally posted by Korch
Actually when Grintzi was banned then list of banned players were not removed yet. And reason of his ban was 3 (b).
What is 3b?

K
Chess Warrior

Riga

Moves
09 Jun 08

Originally posted by znsho
What is 3b?
Cheating.

SS

Moves
09 Jun 08

d

Moves
09 Jun 08

Originally posted by Korch
Grintzi was banned after winning quite a few tournaments - in the last three months of 2007 Grintzi and erice1 won around a third of the non-banded tournaments between them.

I wonder how many current tournaments are being won by would-be 3(b)'s now that the game-mod team seems to have gone into hibernation?

C

EDMONTON ALBERTA

Moves
09 Jun 08

stupid 3(b)'s

I mean, what are they trying to prove?

That internet chess is not as good as OTB?

Yeah... thats their message!

DF
Lord of all beasts

searching for truth

Moves
09 Jun 08

Originally posted by davidmacc
Grintzi was banned after winning quite a few tournaments - in the last three months of 2007 Grintzi and erice1 won around a third of the non-banded tournaments between them.

I wonder how many current tournaments are being won by would-be 3(b)'s now that the game-mod team seems to have gone into hibernation?
The mod team is not in hibernation but is merely going about its business quitely banning the cheaters and we don't know about it so we don't talk about all those that simply quietly disappear.

d

Moves
10 Jun 08
1 edit

Originally posted by Dragon Fire
The mod team is not in hibernation but is merely going about its business quitely banning the cheaters and we don't know about it so we don't talk about all those that simply quietly disappear.
If this really is true then of course it's good news: does anyone know of any recent high-profile bannings?

The "quitely [sic] banning" idea does though, ignore the concept that many not only want justice to be done; they want justice to be seen to be done.

N

The sky

Moves
10 Jun 08

If someone who plays in tournaments or who is high up on the ratings list got banned, I doubt it would go unnoticed.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
10 Jun 08

Presumably they still would be tagged on their profile with "player banned from the site". I know for a fact that no one has been banned since nmdavidb and grintzi. Your wishful thinking doesn't change the fact that the Game Mod system has collapsed or has been collapsed by the Site Admins.

DF
Lord of all beasts

searching for truth

Moves
10 Jun 08

Originally posted by no1marauder
Presumably they still would be tagged on their profile with "player banned from the site". I know for a fact that no one has been banned since nmdavidb and grintzi. Your wishful thinking doesn't change the fact that the Game Mod system has collapsed or has been collapsed by the Site Admins.
http://www.redhotpawn.com/comhub/volunteers.php

Tell these 4 people that they have collapsed.