King's Gambit and Grob Busted!

King's Gambit and Grob Busted!

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

r
Orc slayer

Gondor

Moves
03 May 07

Originally posted by Korch
According to your logic - if I dont play only 1.e4 but also 1.c4 1.Nf3 and sometimes 1.d4 then 1.e4 is "wicked opening" (to say nothing about another ones) 😀
I think he was thinking 1.g4 was a wicked opening.

K
Chess Warrior

Riga

Moves
03 May 07

Originally posted by rotk
I think he was thinking 1.g4 was a wicked opening.
Hes logic was - if DF does not play 1.g4 in every game then its wicked opening.

DF
Lord of all beasts

searching for truth

Moves
03 May 07
2 edits

Originally posted by RahimK
I always get a kick out of you posting your crushing games against specially picked opponents and then claiming you are

X and X with such and such opening.

Always makes my day.

You better start playing 1.f3 followed by 2.Kf2 against everything black throws at you. I have a feeling you will have better results with it. It's a solid solid opening.
OK you are on

Game 3514797; and
Game 3514806

C

EDMONTON ALBERTA

Moves
03 May 07

Originally posted by Dragon Fire
OK you are on

Game 3514797; and
Game 3514806
ummm... good luck 😉

R

Edmonton, Alberta

Moves
03 May 07

OK you are on

Game 3514797; and
Game 3514806
Why can't you play these weird openings against decent players.

You aren't winning those games because of your opening choice. You are simply better then them.

So do you play 1.g4 in your rated OTB games?

DF
Lord of all beasts

searching for truth

Moves
03 May 07
1 edit

You aren't winning those games because of your opening choice. You are simply better then them.

This opening was your suggestion. You claimed it was very strong.

As for the Grob I played 1. g4 against a Cosham player graded BCF190 (2200) in the league and against a BCF185 (2150) player in the Portsmouth Congress scoring a loss and a win. I also pleyed a Rapidplay (30 minutes) game against a player graded 2000 and won.

S

Moves
03 May 07

Well it could be argued that you're only 1800 because you bore your opponents into submission with the whole 2 G.I.P & 19th century-style ferryboat from Canada timebank thingy.

K
Chess Warrior

Riga

Moves
03 May 07

Returning to the topic - can somebody show refutations of Grob and Kings gambit?

Y
Renaissance

OnceInALifetime

Moves
03 May 07
1 edit

Originally posted by Korch
Returning to the topic - can somebody show refutations of Grob and Kings gambit?
I doubt there would even be a refutation of the Borg (1. e4 g5) or any other Black response to 1.e4 [well, perhaps 1...f5]. (I don't think anybody is willing to expend the energy required to even search for a refutation and I would expect that such a search would be fruitless.)

Doesn't matter if a line is unsound if your opponent can't refute it over the board!

m

Moves
03 May 07

Originally posted by Yuga
I doubt there would even be a refutation of the Borg (1. e4 g5) or any other Black response to 1.e4 [well, perhaps 1...f5]. (I don't think anybody is willing to expend the energy required to even search for a refutation and I would expect that such a search would be fruitless.)

Doesn't matter if a line is unsound if your opponent can't refute it over the board!
Well, that bit of wisdom just ruined the thread!

R

Edmonton, Alberta

Moves
03 May 07

Originally posted by Squelchbelch
Well it could be argued that you're only 1800 because you bore your opponents into submission with the whole 2 G.I.P & 19th century-style ferryboat from Canada timebank thingy.
Ah, for some OTB games are more important then measily Rhp online games which don't mean anything 😛

I'm fortunate enough to have a great club in my city 🙂

R

Edmonton, Alberta

Moves
03 May 07

This opening was your suggestion. You claimed it was very strong.

As for the Grob I played 1. g4 against a Cosham player graded BCF190 (2200) in the league and against a BCF185 (2150) player in the Portsmouth Congress scoring a loss and a win. I also pleyed a Rapidplay (30 minutes) game against a player graded 2000 and won.
That Opening is very strong. Just wait and see.

Can you post those games?

At least you learn from Rhp and use in your OTB games 🙂

m

Moves
03 May 07

Ah, for some OTB games are more important then measily Rhp online games which don't mean anything 😛

I'm fortunate enough to have a great club in my city 🙂
I'm the strongest player in town and when somebody hears I play chess they ask, "Ain't that a game something like checkers." I have to play CC & online.😞

R

Edmonton, Alberta

Moves
03 May 07

Originally posted by masscat
I'm the strongest player in town and when somebody hears I play chess they ask, "Ain't that a game something like checkers." I have to play CC & online.😞
You might have to but I don't.

If you had a club in your city and it was afforable wouldn't you rather play in person then online?

I prefer in person. Much funner and you can hang out with other people and chat.

How about the NHL and NBA playoffs, eh?

DF
Lord of all beasts

searching for truth

Moves
04 May 07

That Opening is very strong. Just wait and see.

Can you post those games?

At least you learn from Rhp and use in your OTB games 🙂
Try this one

http://www.farehamchess.org.uk/gameview.php?view=27