1. Standard memberivan2908
    SelfProclaimedTitler
    Moves
    03 Feb '07 10:192 edits
    Originally posted by Korch
    Your lessons can be useful only for weak players, because your understandfing of chess is rather primitive.
    What is this personal linch of person?
    If you don't like someone threads, then don't read it.
    As for last thread reply, you are rated 2200, so you are wonerfull chess player, but from where comes this strange mental attitude so common on RHP. Many players behave like rating racists. If you have rating even 3000 you don't have to be arrogant, and you are not more worthy human being because of that.
    A little bit of respect of each other wouldn't be bad, because your rating of good manners is 200
  2. Standard memberKorch
    Chess Warrior
    Riga
    Moves
    03 Feb '07 10:58
    Originally posted by ivan2908
    What is this personal linch of person?
    If you don't like someone threads, then don't read it.
    As for last thread reply, you are rated 2200, so you are wonerfull chess player, but from where comes this strange mental attitude so common on RHP. Many players behave like rating racists. If you have rating even 3000 you don't have to be arrogant, and you are ...[text shortened]... tle bit of respect of each other wouldn't be bad, because your rating of good manners is 200
    I`m sure that your text is example of good manners πŸ˜€

I` dont think that good chess teacher will learn others to understand positions which he doesnt understand himself. For example in one of his last threads he showed opening line in which he blundered easy standart tactic three times. Also his common judgements seemed like not very correct not only for me, but for players with rating much lower than mine.

So quality of his so called "chess lessons" are not too high.
  3. Standard memberivan2908
    SelfProclaimedTitler
    Moves
    03 Feb '07 11:18
    Don't take me wrong, I am not trying to be rude. It was just a thought about better understanding of each other in this community. I wouldn't like to wake up and see thread where people make fun of me. That's all.
    And best wishes to you as candidate master. We would be glad if you give us a thread with your lessons :-)
  4. Joined
    21 Feb '06
    Moves
    03 Feb '07 14:06

I` dont think that good chess teacher will learn others to understand positions which he doesnt understand himself. For example in one of his last threads he showed opening line in which he blundered easy standart tactic three times. Also his common judgements seemed like not very correct not only for me ...[text shortened]... rating much lower than mine.

Seeing as Mr.K got to 1800, and all his threads were trying to instruct others to reach that level of play, the "quality" of his lessons isn't important, provided they are 'up to' the 1800 standard.

decides, you get what you pay for.
  5. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    03 Feb '07 14:58
    Originally posted by ivan2908
    ... but from where comes this strange mental attitude so common on RHP. Many players behave like rating racists. If you have rating even 3000 you don't have to be arrogant, and you are not more worthy human being because of that.
    A little bit of respect of each other wouldn't be bad, because your rating of good manners is 200
    when you blow your own horn, it will be heard. what korch provided was a simple reality check, a comment from the perspective of a higher rated player. there's no benefit in getting hurt of defensive for that, instead it should maybe induce you to reassess your look on things. I'm sure rahim doesn't think he's infallible, and I'm also sure he appreciates all critique he gets from higher rated players. even if it may ruffle some feathers.

errors are the best way to learn.
  6. Standard memberMathurine
    sorozatgyilkos
    leΓΆlΓ©s ellenfeleim
    Moves
    03 Feb '07 15:43
    Your lessons can be useful only for weak players, because your understandfing of chess is rather primitive.
    Good point - well made.

btw I have always found DragonFire's chess posts to be excellent and improving bedtime reading.

πŸ™‚
  7. Standard memberHomerJSimpson
    Renouned Grob Killer
    Moves
    03 Feb '07 15:58
    took the words right out of my mouth
  8. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    03 Feb '07 16:01

I` dont think that good chess teacher will learn others to understand positions which he doesnt understand himself. For example in one of his last threads he showed opening line in which he blundered easy standart tactic three times. Also his common judgements seemed like not very correct not only for me ...[text shortened]... rating much lower than mine.

chess lessons for money , and self-promoted ... why is he doing that on RHP ?
  9. Joined
    26 Nov '06
    Moves
    03 Feb '07 16:56
    In sum, I've learned more from RahimK and his efforts to teach than any other player at this site.

And it didn't cost me anything.

Good job Rahim. Keep it up!
  10. back in business
    Moves
    03 Feb '07 17:10
    the point is that while RahimK's understanding of chess is more or less incomplete, it doesn't have to make any difference here. I think he can actually be better teacher for novice players than most of the GMs would.

and lets face it, 2200 rated also has rather poor understanding of chess.
  11. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    03 Feb '07 17:16
    Originally posted by Jusuh
    the point is that while RahimK's understanding of chess is more or less incomplete, it doesn't have to make any difference here. I think he can actually be better teacher for novice players than most of the GMs would.

and lets face it, 2200 rated also has rather poor understanding of chess.
    If a lower rated player is helped by his posts then that is all that matters and the folk perched on the 2000 + seat should shut up or put up a better thread for the other members
    If they have better help available for lower rated players then lets see/hear it
  12. Joined
    26 Nov '06
    Moves
    03 Feb '07 17:21
    Originally posted by Mctayto
    If a lower rated player is helped by his posts then that is all that matters and the folk perched on the 2000 + seat should shut up or put up a better thread for the other members
    If they have better help available for lower rated players then lets see/hear it
    Here is wisdom.
  13. 1. e4!!
    Moves
    03 Feb '07 17:24
    I'm a lineman by trade. I do a lot of things in my job very well. When it comes down to training people I fall a bit short. I'm always taking things from them when trying to explain how to do it and show them. Having an outstanding rating doesn't mean they can teach you anything.
  14. back in business
    Moves
    03 Feb '07 17:38
    Originally posted by Mctayto
    thats exactly what I think too.
  15. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    03 Feb '07 17:47
    you guys are being silly: rahim said his threads are good for low rated players (which nobody denies) but also for higher rated players. then a higher rated player comments that no, they're not, with good grounds, and suddenly everybody has their undies in a knot.

korch may be right, or he may be wrong. but it's more likely he's right. it's reasonable to think a 1800-player has a rather primitive understanding of chess. if that thought rubs you the wrong way, well that's just too bad. get over it, grow a skin.

how do you ever expect to get any better if a mere thought of critique gets you all defensive?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree