Retracting timeout win?

Retracting timeout win?

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

z

Moves
04 Nov 07

Originally posted by rubberjaw30
thses stats wormwood presented pretty much should close debate on this thread... bravo! you're absolutely correct, you can't use the skull that many times, and then cry when its used against you...
I've used the skull in the past, and for that, I'll refuse to cmplain about it, at least not publicly...
I already said in post #2 that I understood the community reaction from another thread and that I wasn't interested in whining about it. My mistake was in posting before reading other threads on the subject.

t

Moves
04 Nov 07

Originally posted by zniemann
Hello, I was CLEARLY beating an opponent and then had computer access problems during my recent move. He took the timeout win without attempting to message me first. I had him in checkmate in about 4 moves. gameid=4131837

I suppose it is not possible to force a timeout retraction? What a little prick.

Zach
I'm so f@#4ing tired of these whining crybabies posting this s!@# I mean suck it up and move on!

z

Moves
04 Nov 07

Originally posted by dpressnell
Oh, yeah, I forgot. You just want to deride your opponent by accusing him of poor sportsmanship and calling him a prick, and everybody else needs to shut up and let you run your mouth any way you want.

Please excuse me and everybody else for commenting on a post you made in a public forum. We all forgot that you are god's gift to mankind and the rules that apply to everybody else don't apply to you.
I stand by my statement that someone who claims a completely undeserved timeout win, without attempting to contact the other person at all, is an unethical prick. There are rules, and there are ethics. Anyone can play a sport, but sportsmanship is not written into the rules. I always contact the other person several times before claiming a timeout win, and usually it is WELL after the official timeout value (e.g., claiming a timeout 30 days after the 7 day timeout period)

I never said you had to "shut up", I said I had read another thread on the subject and understood the common community reaction of derision to this kind of question. All you have done is heaped derision. Congratulations for being unnecessarily negative and redundant. But feel free to continue to "run your mouth", I never had a problem with that.

z

Moves
04 Nov 07

Originally posted by tomtom232
I'm so f@#4ing tired of these whining crybabies posting this s!@# I mean suck it up and move on!
Yes, and I'm tired of people who don't read the whole thread before responding. I said in post #2 that I basically made the mistake of posting before reading other threads, so your response was unnecessary. I'm not interested in whining about it anymore and haven't been since post #2.

Maybe you're the one who should "suck it up and move on", instead of wasting your time with all the great advice you're leaving in the forums.

z

Moves
04 Nov 07

Have you ever played in a tournament. It is a very rare exception that somebody runs out of time and is allowed to continue playing. This is true whether your dinner was too long, you don't feel well, or whatever.

It's obvious you have never played in a tournament and you don't have a clue what you are talking about. It's your ego that allows you to ...[text shortened]... for setting you straight on FACTS. I know how you consider such actions to be very unfair.
All you're doing here is accusing me of not ever having played in a tournament, while not even addressing my main points.

Thank you for being negative and redundant.

t

Moves
04 Nov 07

Yes, and I'm tired of people who don't read the whole thread before responding. I said in post #2 that I basically made the mistake of posting before reading other threads, so your response was unnecessary. I'm not interested in whining about it anymore and haven't been since post #2.

Maybe you're the one who should "suck it up and move on", instead of wasting your time with all the great advice you're leaving in the forums.
You just whined about it again in you previous post!

p.s. Good job stupid!

z

Moves
04 Nov 07

You think it's good sportsmanship to whine that you should be able to reverse the outcome of a game you lost by altering the rules? That in the process of that you call your former opponent a prick?

You don't have a clue about good sportsmanship. You are just a whining, selfish crybaby.
Good sportsmanship requires that you understand what it is and to be able to recognize what is bad sportsmanship. Bad sportsmanship should be called out and penalized yes, e.g., in football you have "personal foul" penalties. Just because you point something out as bad doesn't mean the act of pointing it out is wrong.

I have suffered many defeats with humility and an intent to learn and do better next time. I frequently end games with "good game" even if it's a bitter defeat. To me that is what good sportsmanship is about.

When someone steals an undeserved win on a technicality, that is completely different. He could have clicked on the "email your opponent" icon and waited for me to make my move. Rules are not the same as ethics. And online correspondence chess is certainly different from a tournament, which you well know.

The Internet is quite a negative place - people behave badly when not face to face and when anonymous. You don't know me at all, yet you're ready to make sweeping, very highly negative judgments about my character from one emotional post, which I almost immediately regretted.

z

Moves
04 Nov 07

You just whined about it again in you previous post!

p.s. Good job stupid!
Huh? You lost me on that one.

t

Moves
04 Nov 07

Huh? You lost me on that one.
I stand by my statement that someone who claims a completely undeserved timeout win, without attempting to contact the other person at all, is an unethical prick.

z

Moves
04 Nov 07

I stand by my statement that someone who claims a completely undeserved timeout win, without attempting to contact the other person at all, is an unethical prick.
I can see from your profile that you don't like my description of sportsmanship. No wonder you're taking this so personally. You poor thing [unethical prick], let's settle it on the battlefield! I'll be sure to contact you several times before skulling you 😉

i

Moves
04 Nov 07

Clearly you consider yourself ethically superior to many of the players on this site. (You've seen that not everyone agrees with your definition of sportsmanship, and apparently cannot yet bring yourself to consider that the opposing viewpoint might have any merit.)

Shouldn't you be happy about this? Surely more ethical people are better off in the long run than less ethical ones. So why all the animosity toward the people who have not yet managed to reach your enlightened viewpoint? (Calling them "pricks" and so on.) Who does this serve? It's very unlikely to win anyone over to your point of view--more likely, by making them angry you will help solidify their position.

s

Moves
04 Nov 07

Hello, I was CLEARLY beating an opponent and then had computer access problems during my recent move. He took the timeout win without attempting to message me first. I had him in checkmate in about 4 moves. gameid=4131837

I suppose it is not possible to force a timeout retraction? What a little prick.

Zach
I know you have claimed that you have 'moved on' now and that you are not whining anymore. So I won't go into the usual comments one would make to a post like this. What I would say however is that it just does not matter, a few time outs in a few hundred games is not going to make any difference to your rating, which will find its own correct level. It's only a meaningless number that has no bearing on anything away from this site anyway!

e8

Moves
04 Nov 07

Tempers, tempers.

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
04 Nov 07

I already said in post #2 that I understood the community reaction from another thread and that I wasn't interested in whining about it. My mistake was in posting before reading other threads on the subject.
Alert your first post, and the mods will delete this whining, bus crash of a thread.

D

d

1. e4!!

Moves
04 Nov 07

Why would you even post about this at all?

My opponent played by the rules and now I'm mad!