1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    05 May '19 18:11
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    You lack the time to watch a probably dumb video yet you spend hours dissing people here.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 May '19 18:151 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    05 May '19 18:415 edits
    [offtopic]

Duchess64

I finally actually looked at the whole of Metalbrian's video ( https://www.pbs.org/video/benito-mussolini-hu5wjc/ ) and it happens to be a very short video but that says/implies absolutely NOTHING about "Mussolini reportedly stabbed his classmates with knives when he was a child." which means he was just trying to waste your/our time (which is very typical of the tactics of his).
    But, after a short web-search to see if there is any truth in it at all, I did find this wiblink which appears to confirm that Mussolini did do this;

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=-LNcDwAAQBAJ&pg=PT73&dq=%22Mussolini+stabbed%22&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwilsbW1goXiAhWtShUIHS22CdwQ6AEILTAB#v=onepage&q=%22Mussolini%20stabbed%22&f=false
    "...At age none, when he was packed off to boarding school run by Salesian fathers, Mussolini stabbed a fellow student with a knife and was expelled. Later, at another boarding school, he was suspended-again, for stubbing a classmate.
    ..."

[/offtopic]
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 May '19 19:121 edit

5. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 May '19 19:17

6. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    05 May '19 23:23
    They said he knifed classmates as a child. They didn't say who he knifed or why. They portrayed him as having a thug mentality since he was a child.
    Maybe it isn't true. I once watched a documentary about Tesla on PBS and they claimed he had himself surgically castrated because women were a distraction from his work. Maybe that isn't true either. I once watched a PBS program called "The Natural History of the Chicken" that claimed a chicken lived for days without a head. Showed a newspaper article on how they toured to show the chicken. I'm pretty sure that isn't true. I wonder who the gullible person was that wrote that article

Many documentaries don't give their sources of information so it is unclear what is really true or not. You have my source of information though for what it is worth.
  7. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    05 May '19 23:26
    @humy said
    [offtopic]

Duchess64

I finally actually looked at the whole of Metalbrian's video ( https://www.pbs.org/video/benito-mussolini-hu5wjc/ ) and it happens to be a very short video but that says/implies absolutely NOTHING about "Mussolini reportedly stabbed his classmates with knives when he was a child." which means he was just trying to waste your/our time (which is very ty ...[text shortened]... , at another boarding school, he was suspended-again, for stubbing a classmate.
    ..."

[/offtopic]
    "I finally actually looked at the whole of Metalbrian's video ( https://www.pbs.org/video/benito-mussolini-hu5wjc/ ) and it happens to be a very short video but that says/implies absolutely NOTHING about "Mussolini reportedly stabbed his classmates with knives when he was a child."

Yes it does. You must have a short attention span.
  8. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    05 May '19 23:31
    Humy is giving you false information. The video is less than an hour long and contains exactly what I said it does. Humy is a troll that can't even pay attention.
  9. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    06 May '19 05:164 edits
    @metal-brain said
    "I finally actually looked at the whole of Metalbrian's video ( https://www.pbs.org/video/benito-mussolini-hu5wjc/ ) and it happens to be a very short video but that says/implies absolutely NOTHING about "Mussolini reportedly stabbed his classmates with knives when he was a child."

Yes it does. You must have a short attention span.
    Of just 30 seconds? Because that's only how long that video lasts!

TO Sonhouse and Duchess64 and ALL following this thread;

metal-brain CLAIMS that the video link below says/implies "Mussolini reportedly stabbed his classmates with knives when he was a child." and I watched all of it, which means just 30 seconds of it, and it CLEARLY doesn't say/imply anything of the sort.
    Now he accuses me of being a liar for saying so.
    This video below lasts ONLY 30 seconds, that is all! So, everyone here, please watch this 30 second video and see who is the liar here and then say so in your next post;

https://www.pbs.org/video/benito-mussolini-hu5wjc/

The video is less than an hour long and contains exactly what I said it does

The video is only 30 seconds long and contains exactly NONE of what you said it does.
    It VERY CLEARLY doesn't even mention the words "stabbing" or "classmates" or "knives" or "child" or anything that VAGUELY sounds similar. And you accuse ME of being a liar!
  10. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    06 May '19 08:091 edit
    @humy said
    Of just 30 seconds? Because that's only how long that video lasts!

TO Sonhouse and Duchess64 and ALL following this thread;

metal-brain CLAIMS that the video link below says/implies "Mussolini reportedly stabbed his classmates with knives when he was a child." and I watched all of it, which means just 30 seconds of it, and it CLEARLY doesn't say/imply anything of the sort ...[text shortened]... " or "knives" or "child" or anything that VAGUELY sounds similar. And you accuse ME of being a liar!
    It must be a trailer then. I watched it on TV and it was about an hour long.

Humy: Newsflash, you need to watch the entire thing. Did you really think PBS aired a 30 second program? Use some common sense. Look for the entire episode!

YouTube
  11. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    06 May '19 09:467 edits
    @metal-brain said
    Humy: Newsflash, you need to watch the entire thing.
    I watched the entire (only 30 seconds) video you gave which clearly was the one we were talking about which was;

and it didn't say/imply "Mussolini reportedly stabbed his classmates with knives when he was a child." like you claimed and then, when I said THAT video didn't say/imply that, which clearly was the one we were talking about, you falsely claimed I was I liar for saying so.
    Did you really think PBS aired a 30 second program?
    No. What has that got to do with the fact that the first video link you gave us IS for only a 30 second one, EXACTLY as I said it was all along? Would you also claim I lied about that?
    Look for the entire episode!
    You said nothing before your last post about an "entire episode", which clearly is NOT in the first video you gave us which is clearly the one we were talking about. You didn't give previously what you are now calling here this "entire episode", which was NOT the first video you gave, until now thus your accusation that I lied about your first video, which is the one we clearly WERE talking about, is a lie; the first one said/implied NOTHING about "Mussolini reportedly stabbed his classmates with knives when he was a child.", exactly just like I said. I CLEARLY didn't lie about that. Anyone who checks this by looking at your first video will see this and should confirm this. Here is that first one yet again for anyone here that wants to check this;

12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    06 May '19 12:03
    You value yourself too highly. There is no hate here as much as you seem to want or maybe even need such hate. I am not even sure WHAT emotion I feel towards you.
    The reason I posted what I did was because the video I saw was only 30 seconds long, apparently just a trailer for the hour long special report and MB says it DOES say M stabbed a classmate. Why would you dispute that? Is it because you didn't find that tidbit out for yourself and therefore if YOU didn't find it, it didn't exist?
  13. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    06 May '19 13:02
    @humy said
    [offtopic]

Duchess64

I finally actually looked at the whole of Metalbrian's video ( https://www.pbs.org/video/benito-mussolini-hu5wjc/ ) and it happens to be a very short video but that says/implies absolutely NOTHING about "Mussolini reportedly stabbed his classmates with knives when he was a child." which means he was just trying to waste your/our time (which is very ty ...[text shortened]... , at another boarding school, he was suspended-again, for stubbing a classmate.
    ..."

[/offtopic]
    Where does it say 30 seconds when you brought it up? You said it was short, not 30 seconds. When you later said it was 30 seconds that is when I figured out it must be a trailer.

You must have a very poor memory.
  14. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    06 May '19 13:04
    @sonhouse said
    You value yourself too highly. There is no hate here as much as you seem to want or maybe even need such hate. I am not even sure WHAT emotion I feel towards you.
    The reason I posted what I did was because the video I saw was only 30 seconds long, apparently just a trailer for the hour long special report and MB says it DOES say M stabbed a classmate. Why would you disput ...[text shortened]... e you didn't find that tidbit out for yourself and therefore if YOU didn't find it, it didn't exist?
    She hasn't learn how full of crap humy is yet. She hasn't even learn the difference between you and humy.
  15. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    06 May '19 13:565 edits
    @metal-brain said
    Where does it say 30 seconds when you brought it up?
    there is clearly a timer counting in seconds on it a little to the right of the bottom left hand corner of the video and when you watched the whole video it clearly stops at exactly 30 seconds because, providing you keep moving the mouse to keep the timer visible, that is what it says on the timer when it stops.
    You said it was short, not 30 seconds.
    30 seconds IS short. How is that a lie? If you say 30 seconds isn't "short" for a video, what would you call it then? "Long"?
    You must have a very poor memory.
    Nope. I remember it was short and 30 seconds just fine.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree