Are most scientists sniveling fearful conformists?

Are most scientists sniveling fearful conformists?

Science

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
07 May 19

@metal-brain said
I don't expect you to watch it. I posted it for douchess because she seemed interested in my source of info. Now it is apparent she didn't believe me, but her claim she didn't have the time is laughable. Have you ever noticed how lengthy her replies sometimes are on the debate forum?

She just doesn't want to admit I provided my source of information after unfair implications I was lying.

What is a timestamp?
Say a video is one hour long, the relevant part happens after 17 minutes and 30 seconds. You write something like: "at 0:17:30 they say XYZ". That's what I mean by timestamp.

MB

Moves
07 May 19

@deepthought said
Say a video is one hour long, the relevant part happens after 17 minutes and 30 seconds. You write something like: "at 0:17:30 they say XYZ". That's what I mean by timestamp.
I would have to watch it twice to know the timestamp. Once was enough to know it contains the information I pointed out. You don't have to watch it. It is optional.

D

Moves
07 May 19

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
07 May 19

@metal-brain said
I would have to watch it twice to know the timestamp. Once was enough to know it contains the information I pointed out. You don't have to watch it. It is optional.
I don't really think it's entirely compulsory. I thought you might remember approximately where the snippet is and be able to find it faster. Someone wanting to verify your statement and see the actual context would need to watch the whole thing so you've set a task for people to verify your reference. It helps your position if it's easy to check.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
08 May 19

@metal-brain said
Julian Assange wrote something critical of most physicists:

In a 2006 blog post, he wrote about the attendees at a physics conference and called the scientists “sniveling fearful conformists.”

https://www.simplemost.com/things-you-may-not-know-about-wikileaks-founder-julian-assange/?lvl=single2&stack=ssp&utm_source=facebook-adrizer&utm_campaign=142288&utm_term&utm ...[text shortened]... 7gMG-_cp3gIa5WAHYic8abD_90MNl2uU

Why do you think Assange has that perception of most physicists?
Dr. Edward Peltzer Abiogensis

Non conformist?

MB

Moves
08 May 19

The post that was quoted here has been removed
Watch the video or live with not knowing. I gave you the quote already. Stop pretending I didn't. Trolling is all you do.

MB

Moves
08 May 19

@deepthought said
I don't really think it's entirely compulsory. I thought you might remember approximately where the snippet is and be able to find it faster. Someone wanting to verify your statement and see the actual context would need to watch the whole thing so you've set a task for people to verify your reference. It helps your position if it's easy to check.
I told the truth. It is not my problem if someone doesn't want to believe what can easily be verified by watching the video. I'm not here to cater to the lazy. If you are bent on denying reality then deny reality. Not my problem.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
08 May 19
1 edit

@kellyjay said
[youtube] 6xj4UH0RwcM [/youtube] Dr. Edward Peltzer Abiogensis

Non conformist?
James Tour

Another non conformist

D

Moves
08 May 19

w

Moves
08 May 19

@deepthought said
FYI you can post youtube videos that automatically queue at a specific time. So if someone wanted to, they could provide you with this very easily. Maybe this person did not actually want you to view the relevant information.

MB

Moves
09 May 19
1 edit

The post that was quoted here has been removed
You want me to watch it again for your convenience? An indicator of a narcissist writer is he/she wants to watch nothing while making someone else watch something twice unnecessarily.

So you watch nothing and falsely accuse me of being dishonest? You have no pride.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
10 May 19

@metal-brain said
You want me to watch it again for your convenience? An indicator of a narcissist writer is he/she wants to watch nothing while making someone else watch something twice unnecessarily.

So you watch nothing and falsely accuse me of being dishonest? You have no pride.
A lot of people see value in what she writes. We may not agree but she has valid points worth thinking about. Pejoratives don't help your cause. I am beginning to learn that.

MB

Moves
10 May 19

@sonhouse said
A lot of people see value in what she writes. We may not agree but she has valid points worth thinking about. Pejoratives don't help your cause. I am beginning to learn that.
Douchess is the queen of Pejoratives and you are lecturing me about it? You are laughable.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
10 May 19
2 edits

@metal-brain said
Douchess is the queen of Pejoratives and you are lecturing me about it? You are laughable.
That is obvious. You don't seem to understand she is extremely intelligent, I say that even though I thoroughly dislike her. I used to follow her every word and asked about her love of music though I noted she NEVER posted a single thing in the forum about 'what are you listening to', so I came to the conclusion she is not that interested in music. I asked her on PM a couple of times to listen to my music on Soundcloud only to be accused of stalking her by daring to PM her.

She is clearly extremely paranoid people will somehow find out her real name and residence, most likely fearing retribution of her use of pejoratives if they could suss out her real name and whereabouts. I suggested she lived in Iran, where I mistakenly thought she said something like that and she brings that up every other time I post something she wrote.

That opened my mind to the dark side of D64 and stopped any kind of effort to be a friend so I hear what you are saying but that does not hide the fact she knows what she is talking about, pejoratives aside. I know she is the queen of pejorative and I have told her many times that does not help her agenda but instead just puts people off from listening to her message no matter what the value. She would be much more effective if she forgoes the use of such pejoratives but she does not have the skill to stop.

Kind of like the singlemindedness of Trump in his incessant use of HIS set of pejoratives. And it is obvious Trump is nowhere near as intelligent as D64 and never will be. For one thing, he NEVER reads. That is one of the biggest mistakes of his life, thinking he knows the world so much he doesn't NEED to read the works of real genius. So, bound to the planet with only his own so-called intellect (claiming to be a 'stable genius'😉 he is bound to fail at everything he touches, and there is a book already written about that, "Everything Trump touches DIES'.

At least D64 reads. and a lot deeper into history than any of us, or most of us anyway. But that does not hide the fact she cannot win converts BECAUSE of her continuous use of said pejoratives, 'the pathological liar Sonhouse' and such, the list of pejorative against me grows daily so I have no motivation to continue trying to be her friend. That was over long ago.

She disdains any attempt at dialog since she feels she is much more intelligent than ANYONE here, which is simply not true.
But your use of pejoratives puts you in the same category, if you depend on them, you lose your argument. It took me a long time to realize that fact.

MB

Moves
10 May 19

@sonhouse said
That is obvious. You don't seem to understand she is extremely intelligent, I say that even though I thoroughly dislike her. I used to follow her every word and asked about her love of music though I noted she NEVER posted a single thing in the forum about 'what are you listening to', so I came to the conclusion she is not that interested in music. I asked her on PM a couple ...[text shortened]... ategory, if you depend on them, you lose your argument. It took me a long time to realize that fact.
Your use of pejoratives with me has been extensive. Don't you think you are being hypocritical? Remember when you used to call me a cretin? Ad hominem attacks from you are actually very common.

Maybe you should curb your own pejoratives before expecting it from others.