1. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    13 Sep '18 04:111 edit
    Originally posted by @edward-palamar
    You are perfectly right.
    Perhaps if you humble your thought a bit you can actually learn something about Science.
  2. Phoenixville, PA
    Moves
    13 Sep '18 04:50
    Originally posted by @deepthought
    I took a quick look at the Wikipedia page,
    Quoting screwballs, thieves, and terrorists is about as far from science as one can be.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    13 Sep '18 13:57
    Look at your emission inspection report. There are increasing levels of it being released into the atmosphere. That is what global warming is all about on the chemical level.

Biblically speaking, the culmination of this phenomenon has been foretold in multiple ways, we are warned not even to desire its coming because it is all dark.

Yet one r ...[text shortened]... mes at the end of the prophecy, and Jesus assured us that He would not allow everyone to perish.
    Ah, just those nasty Muslims, Hindu's, Siks, Catholics. Baptists get in.
  4. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    13 Sep '18 15:14
    Quoting screwballs, thieves, and terrorists is about as far from science as one can be.
    Are you suggesting that the Bible, our Holy Book, was written by screwballs, thieves and terrorists?
  5. Phoenixville, PA
    Moves
    13 Sep '18 22:43
    Originally posted by @handyandy
    Are you suggesting that the Bible, our Holy Book, was written by screwballs, thieves and terrorists?
    No, but that is the way wikipedia treats it.
  6. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    14 Sep '18 02:30
    No, but that is the way wikipedia treats it.
    Obviously Wikipedia is more concerned with facts.
  7. Phoenixville, PA
    Moves
    14 Sep '18 03:32
    Any but their own
  8. Phoenixville, PA
    Moves
    14 Sep '18 08:021 edit
    They're only concerned with their fat heads.

The end result is that they are illogically biased.
  9. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    14 Sep '18 08:57
    Originally posted by @fabianfnas
    If you believe in the bible and believe that Theology is the Mother of all Sciences, (like the danielist Edward Palamar does) then look up Mathew 4:8 and read that the earth is flat as a pancake:

"Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor."

This is of course not possible if the ...[text shortened]... - we do in fact live on a globe.
    When will their ignorance fade? When will they trust science?
    Only if you assume that the entire Bible was meant to be read like a Common Law judgement, which is a massive error in the first place.

The likes of Palamar, and anyone who takes his witterings seriously, should really read only two Bible verses: Mark 8:12 and Matthew 25:13.
  10. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    14 Sep '18 09:05
    The basic problem with the whole idea, even from a point of view that accepts visions as reliable guides to the future, is that the book is about contemporaneous events in Judea and not about now.
    Shhhh... you're reading the Bible with your brain engaged. This is not allowed in this thread, since it goes counter to the dogmas both of Palamar and of sonhouse. You must take the Bible absolutely literally and therefore take it for either 100% sacred and true or 100% imbecilic and evil. Taking it seriously is disallowed. Thinking about it is disallowed. Such is the law of Rationality.
  11. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    14 Sep '18 16:29
    You don't cope well with views that contradict yours do you. Wikipedia is a reasonable resource, they get details wrong and some pages are unutterable bunk, but unless you have a concrete argument as to why the Wikipedia authors are wrong about the Book of Daniel and can show that it is about anything other than the Maccabean revolt I'll take the point as conceded.
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    14 Sep '18 19:37
    Originally posted by @shallow-blue
    Shhhh... you're reading the Bible with your brain engaged. This is not allowed in this thread, since it goes counter to the dogmas both of Palamar and of sonhouse. You must take the Bible absolutely literally and therefore take it for either 100% sacred and true or 100% imbecilic and evil. Taking it seriously is disallowed. Thinking about it is disallowed. Such is the law of Rationality.
    Seriously? Sonhouse takes the bible literally? You sure you are not conflating me with SonSHIP?
  13. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    14 Sep '18 20:45
    You don't cope well with views that contradict yours do you. Wikipedia is a reasonable resource, they get details wrong and some pages are unutterable bunk, but unless you have a concrete argument as to why the Wikipedia authors are wrong about the Book of Daniel and can show that it is about anything other than the Maccabean revolt I'll take the point as conceded.
    When the bible says that the earth is flat, that bats are birds, that pi = 3, about talking snakes, people walking on water, global flooding, and what more - then I say that Wikipedia is far more truthful than the bible in comparison. No doubt about that.
  14. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    14 Sep '18 23:51
    Originally posted by @shallow-blue
    Only if you assume that the entire Bible was meant to be read like a Common Law judgement, which is a massive error in the first place.

The likes of Palamar, and anyone who takes his witterings seriously, should really read only two Bible verses: Mark 8:12 and Matthew 25:13.
    I didn't notice this post earlier, and yes, that is something I've heard Priests say repeatedly. To save everyone having to look it up here are the two passages copy and pasted from biblegateway:
    Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.
    Matthew 25:13 Authorized King James Version
    and
    And he sighed deeply in his spirit, and saith, Why doth this generation seek after a sign? verily I say unto you, There shall no sign be given unto this generation.
    Mark 8:12 AKJV
  15. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    15 Sep '18 13:34
    Originally posted by @fabianfnas
    When the bible says that the earth is flat, that bats are birds, that pi = 3, about talking snakes, people walking on water, global flooding, and what more - then I say that Wikipedia is far more truthful than the bible in comparison. No doubt about that.
    And when pigs fly and dragons breathe sprays of daisies, the Eiffel Tower is made of plywood, but what of that?

Stop reading the Bible as if it were the Constitution, and you might learn to get something out of it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree