1. Phoenixville, PA
    Moves
    18 Sep '18 09:47
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    Steve, a buddy of mine, gave me a guitar
    Maybe you'd be interested in being a guitarist in my new Amish rock band. The name of the group is "Spread the Dung".
  2. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    18 Sep '18 10:56
    Originally posted by @edward-palamar
    It doesn't have to be; if it displaces other elements which are, however, the effect is like that of a diesel engine : no spark save for the first firing in the chamber, then combustion only through compression.

(And that would be nitrous di-oxide.)
    Really, NOx is not flammable. It won't burn. It will act as an oxidizing agent, but that's another matter. Even if you happened to be right about a large impactor, atmospheric NOx would not have a noticeable effect on the event. The major component of the atmosphere is nitrogen, which isn't going to be oxidized by nitrous oxide for reasons I'd have thought were obvious. An impact event would generate some NOx due to compression heating from the shock wave, but that would be entirely local to the event. The impactor that dug out the Gulf of Mexico was huge by comparison with the thing you are talking about, and that certainly didn't set the entire world on fire, as evidenced by the way we are here to talk about it. A build up of methane might do it, but again, there just isn't enough of it in the air to have anything like the effect you're hoping for.
  3. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    18 Sep '18 14:56
    Maybe you'd be interested in being a guitarist in my new Amish rock band. The name of the group is "Spread the Dung".
    And you're living up to your name admirably.
  4. Phoenixville, PA
    Moves
    18 Sep '18 21:061 edit
    Originally posted by @deepthought
    there just isn't enough of it in the air to have anything like the effect you're hoping for.
    That would be "for which you're hoping", and I'm not hoping for it.

The unsealing includes aspects of science which you haven't even considered in such manner that is purely in conformity with the wrath of God,

It is the equivalent of going into the center of the Sun with a thermometer to take its temperature, you wouldn't survive.

Enter : the shortening of days
  5. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    18 Sep '18 23:07
    That would be "for which you're hoping", and I'm not hoping for it.

The unsealing includes aspects of science which you haven't even considered in such manner that is purely in conformity with the wrath of God,

It is the equivalent of going into the center of the Sun with a thermometer to take its temperature, you wouldn't survive.

Enter : the shortening of days
    I will end sentences with prepositions as I see fit. Do you have a reply of substance or are you going to continue to pick at what you see as grammatical errors in the hope it gives you some debating advantage?
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    19 Sep '18 00:07
    Ah, you must be the one who wrote that hit song My dung gently weeps. Great song. It was a high pressure play for sure.
  7. Phoenixville, PA
    Moves
    25 Sep '18 04:15
    Carl Sagan said of astrology the prognostications posted, from the same data, other so-called astrologists look at the same 'data' and end up telling a completely different story.
    This evenings update takes us to 94 days remaining, and this is the quote from the 94th post in this thread.

Astronomy doesn't deal with the abstract, subjective, and speculative aspects that astrology does.

This has been a regular, and at times, very difficult study for me, I can even say that it would have been for any one.

While studying other prophecy, looking for similarities in data, it made sense to me that something could happen as a separate event eight days prior to the end of the countdown. Since Christ's resurrection on the First Resurrection Sunday, we have the teaching of the eighth day of any week in conjunction with the first day of the week. Also, I eventually ascertained that it was eight days after the act of consummation which Christ had used to bring me back from ca. 1,925 years of death that two rounds from a .22 caliber revolver were fired at me at close range from the king (prince) of Daniel 11:20, my oldest brother, and also one of the three kings foretold in Daniel 11:2.

While doing the countdown to the 1,335th day of Daniel 12:12, Ascension Sunday, May 8, 2016 A.D., I read of at least two occurrences that some event would occur eight days before what has become apparent is the day after the 2,300th day of Daniel 8:14, the First Sunday of the General Resurrection of the Dead, December 30, 2018 A.D. But even at that time, the asteroid "2017 XQ60" wasn't yet discovered.
  8. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    25 Sep '18 04:26
    This evenings update takes us to 94 days remaining, and this is the quote from the 94th post in this thread.

Astronomy doesn't deal with the abstract, subjective, and speculative aspects that astrology does.

This has been a regular, and at times, very difficult study for me, I can even say that it would have been for any one.

While studying ...[text shortened]... , December 30, 2018 A.D. But even at that time, the asteroid "2017 XQ60" wasn't yet discovered.
    That's religion, not science. You're wrong.
  9. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    25 Sep '18 12:01
    Originally posted by @fabianfnas
    That's religion, not science. You're wrong.
    It's too incoherent to be religion. It therefore has to be pseudo-science, but even for that it's a bit Time Cubey - it's not even clear enough for string theory.
  10. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    25 Sep '18 13:23
    Originally posted by @shallow-blue
    It's too incoherent to be religion. It therefore has to be pseudo-science, but even for that it's a bit Time Cubey - it's not even clear enough for string theory.
    Well, prophecies are a religious phenomena. References to the book of Daniel are religious. To believe that this has anything to do with science is wrong. So he is wrong, fundamentally wrong.
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    25 Sep '18 14:33
    Well, prophecies are a religious phenomena. References to the book of Daniel are religious. To believe that this has anything to do with science is wrong. So he is wrong, fundamentally wrong.
    Fundamentally wrong on several levels.
  12. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    25 Sep '18 15:44
    Fundamentally wrong on several levels.
    It's only 99.9% wrong if you allow for the eighth day of any week in conjunction with the first day of the week and insanity.
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    25 Sep '18 15:46
    Originally posted by @handyandy
    It's only 99.9% wrong if you allow for the eighth day of any week in conjunction with the first day of the week and insanity.
    Yeah, other than that, it makes perfect sense.....
  14. Phoenixville, PA
    Moves
    26 Sep '18 03:17
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_dates_predicted_for_apocalyptic_events
    This link proves that prophecies isn't much better than any astrology. Why pretend?

I can foretell and put a prophecy that it will be sunny tomorrow! (The prophecy ministerium aka meteorological institute, said so.)

So skip the idea that prophecies are science. They're not! Even if they are postulated in the bronze age.
    This evening's update will bring us to 93 days remaining, and this is the quote from the 93rd post in this thread.

Jesus foretold that there would be such error in abundance.

There are laws governing prophets, too.

Those who speak falsely as such are held accountable, and not by wikipedia.
  15. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    26 Sep '18 10:05
    This evening's update will bring us to 93 days remaining, and this is the quote from the 93rd post in this thread.

Jesus foretold that there would be such error in abundance.

There are laws governing prophets, too.

Those who speak falsely as such are held accountable, and not by wikipedia.
    Wow!! That's, like, totally far-out maaaan.

Are the sun, the moon and the aurora australis all going to be in alignment too?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree