Any update on conditional moves

Any update on conditional moves

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Dec 07

Well I'm a new Conditional Mover here! I've just made my first CMs, to cause a checkmating combo. I like how GUI interface to it, must admit it took a little while to understand the workings of it. However, well done!

Just a quick question on this subject, and I apologise if someone's mentioned this before as I've not read the whole thread. Would it be a good idea to allow PGN CMs? This may cause a problem because the format being used looks like it's FEN!?

F

Moves
04 Jan 08

Russ, as a beta tester of the conditional moves I have to say that it works very well! - until yesterday.

In my game against KnightStalker47 in Game 4150650 I entered a series of conditional moves, wher black didn't have much more than one choice of every move I made. The last move I checked his king with the intent to take his queen in the next move. This last move was also made by conditional moves as the last move in the CM chain, so I wasn't at my computer at the time. However, included with the last move a draw offer was sent. Not by me, but by whom? I think this is a bug, firing this draw offer. My opponent accepted the offer, of course

His this to do that it was a conditional move chain?

Perhaps the same thing happened to vietasianfox45 too, so this is not a unique case.

I have sent feed back to the game mods, but I haven't heard from them (yet?). I have also made some postings in a few threads, as in Thread 83672 where I have described it perhaps better than here.

I don't dare use the conditional moves anymore...
I

A

Amsterdam

Moves
04 Jan 08

Can anyone now use conditional moves?
If so, where to find this feature?

F

Moves
04 Jan 08

Originally posted by Amsterdamn
A group of beta testers can. In the (near?) future everyone can.

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
14 Jan 08

Originally posted by Amsterdamn
Send feedback and you might be added to the list of testers.

D

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
24 Jan 08

If you have been testing this, please catch up with Thread 85617

-Russ

TC

Moves
29 Jan 08
1 edit

Another problem with the conditional moves feature. I don't know if it's been going on for some time, and only now I've noticed, or if it just appeared.

I just noticed that some games where I recorded conditional moves, which were played, present the correct board position, but the moves made don't appear in the game history.

It can be seen, for example, in this game: Game 4389080
The position in the game was reached after two conditional moves were played, but they don't show up in the "game history". Clicking in the last move presented there will lead you to a different (previous) position of the game, before the conditional moves were played.

Same thing, with game Game 4479951

Anyone else has noticed it?

F

Moves
29 Jan 08

Originally posted by Tatarana Crocodilo
Another problem with the conditional moves feature. I don't know if it's been going on for some time, and only now I've noticed, or if it just appeared.

I just noticed that some games where I recorded conditional moves, which were played, present the correct board position, but the moves made don't appear in the game history.

It can be seen ...[text shortened]... s were played.

Same thing, with game Game 4479951

Anyone else has noticed it?
Yes, it is discussed in the Thread 86108 but not with the conditional moves angle.

TC

Moves
29 Jan 08

Originally posted by FabianFnas
Yes, it is discussed in the Thread 86108 but not with the conditional moves angle.
Thanks, Fabian. I just noticed that other games of mine present this problem too. It seems as if it has nothing to do with conditional moves.

Gold Coast

Moves
01 Feb 08

Can I get on the beta test list for this feature? Or is it soon to be released to all?

Gold Coast

Moves
01 Feb 08

I see this has been going since August last year so I guess it is just about to go public anyway.

Anyway, can't wait to have a go at this!

Gold Coast

Moves
04 Feb 08

Thanks Russ for putting me on the beta test list for this one.

I have loaded some conditional moves but haven't seen one trigger yet, so I am getting the hang of it now.

I have noticed a couple of bugs that have, I think, been previously reported:

1. when you push a pawn to a queening square it is shown as a queen in both the before and after views. Doesn't look like the position matching could ever happen to trigger in this case.
2. in 'quick' mode, after storing a move I can't store a second one without exiting the 'conditional moves' page and going back into it again.

Some suggestions, probably also already suggested:

1. Sometimes my oponent has several moves that are all irrelevant to my next move. Rather than listing all his moves as condition/response pairs I would prefer an easier way to enter this.
2. Just have 'deep' not 'quick' with some/all of the 'analyse board' features. I keep having to flip between these two windows when I use this.

Regards,
Simon.

TC

Moves
04 Feb 08
1 edit

Originally posted by Simon McMahon
2. in 'quick' mode, after storing a move I can't store a second one without exiting the 'conditional moves' page and going back into it again.
In fact, you can continue to enter moves in a straight forward line without leaving the page. What you're not able to do is enter different replys to different conditional moves within the line. For that, you have to go to deep mode.

Gold Coast

Moves
05 Feb 08

ok, I see that but it has the 'reset board' which has no point if I can't do a new line. Looks like pressing 'cancel recording' will reset it though.

maybe just a link to 'analyse board' in this page would be handy.

TC

Moves
06 Feb 08
2 edits

Originally posted by Simon McMahon
ok, I see that but it has the 'reset board' which has no point if I can't do a new line. Looks like pressing 'cancel recording' will reset it though.

maybe just a link to 'analyse board' in this page would be handy.
Ok. Now I see your point. For entering a new line you must press 'reset board' and then 'cancel recording' (don't know why it was made that way). No need to go out and come back again to the Conditional Moves page.

EDIT: and, by the way, if in this new line, there's a board position for which there is already a conditional move set up for, you wont be able to proceed in 'Easy Mode'. That is something that needs to be worked on, I think.