1. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    30 Mar '08 00:031 edit
    Sorry, I actually meant to recommend a humor FORUM!
  2. Standard membernmdavidb
    I Drank What? ©
    Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Mar '08 00:08
    Originally posted by coquette
    Seconded...we really need that!!!

Dave
  3. London
    Moves
    30 Mar '08 01:12
    Take it to general! 😛 Seems silly to have so many forums. Humour just comes under General I think,
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    30 Mar '08 01:13
    Probably just what the Doctor ordered !
  5. Standard membernmdavidb
    I Drank What? ©
    Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Mar '08 04:45
    Originally posted by Freddie2008
    Take it to general! 😛 Seems silly to have so many forums. Humour just comes under General I think,
    General is usually full of alot of threads that I swear after two minutes of reading I do not have enough bread crumbs to find my way home.

That is why it is called GENERAL...cause I don't think a Seargent could screw it up that badly.

Although the only other option is for every clan to just have it...kinda screws the non subs though

Dave
  6. Joined
    31 Jan '07
    Moves
    30 Mar '08 05:19
    My personal preference would be: necessary forums such as Announcements (postings by admins only)
    Help
    Only Chess
    Site Ideas (rigid format, one thread per idea, no off-topic allowed so that site designers can assess the demand)

and three other groups only:
    Humorous and lighthearted stuff
    Serious and jokes-aside discussion stuff
    Entertaining brawls and arguments about site personalities

The bigger the forum, the more activity it gets, OK it's more work for the moderators but it might help to keep the help-seeking newbies from walking into a major drama ...

That's my 2c worth, I'm aware that nobody on this site would agree but that's OK - I'm used to being in a minority ... 🙄
  7. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    30 Mar '08 07:04
    Originally posted by MissOleum
    My personal preference would be: necessary forums such as Announcements (postings by admins only)
    Help
    Only Chess
    Site Ideas (rigid format, one thread per idea, no off-topic allowed so that site designers can assess the demand)

and three other groups only:
    Humorous and lighthearted stuff
    Serious and jokes-aside discussion stuff
    Entertaining brawl ...[text shortened]... hat nobody on this site would agree but that's OK - I'm used to being in a minority ... 🙄
    While we're at it, should we resubtitle "Clans" forum now that goading is viewed as harassment?

"Taunt, goad or ridicule rival clans, or just discuss this team based feature."

We should remove the "Taunt, goad or ridicule rival clans" in line with current moderation policy of not allowing ANY goading, ANY ridicule and absolutely NO taunting

Have you 2c on that thought?

D
  8. Joined
    31 Jan '07
    Moves
    30 Mar '08 07:39
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    While we're at it, should we resubtitle "Clans" forum now that goading is viewed as harassment?

"Taunt, goad or ridicule rival clans, or just discuss this team based feature."

We should remove the "Taunt, goad or ridicule rival clans" in line with current moderation policy of not allowing ANY goading, ANY ridicule and absolutely NO taunting

Have you 2c on that thought?

D
    OK, my 2c worth again:

"Taunt, goad or ridicule rival CLANS" is fine, personal attacks on people purely because they happen to be in particular clans is not. That's just a backdoor way of harassing people.

Am I the only one here who can see the difference?
  9. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    30 Mar '08 09:47
    Gotta be kiddin'?
  10. Standard memberepic0002
    Black Mark
    walking to and fro
    Moves
    30 Mar '08 11:39
    OK, my 2c worth again:

"Taunt, goad or ridicule rival CLANS" is fine, personal attacks on people purely because they happen to be in particular clans is not. That's just a backdoor way of harassing people.

here is your 4c change back😉
  11. Standard memberepic0002
    Black Mark
    walking to and fro
    Moves
    30 Mar '08 12:12
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    All I know is we kicked a lot of English arse in 1781.. so we can spell however we want to.
  12. Joined
    31 Jan '07
    Moves
    30 Mar '08 12:17
    Originally posted by epic0002
    All I know is we kicked a lot of English arse in 1781.. so we can spell however we want to.
    that's all right, the rest of us make allowances for the US education system, we can cope with a bit of translation 🙂
  13. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    30 Mar '08 12:36
    OK, my 2c worth again:

Not what I was talking about.

Taunting a clan leader because his members are throwing clan games seems like a legitimate goad to me. Maybe you should ask the admin to clarify if they want to remove goading from the clan forum if you consider inter clan goading based on referring to clan games played to be personal harassment and constitute "personal attacks".

If you feel that your personality doesn't sit with the concept of interclan goading that goes on in the clan forum, then you could steer clear. Phlab has often said that he goes nowhere near debates for similar reasons.

D
  14. Standard membernmdavidb
    I Drank What? ©
    Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Mar '08 18:48
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Not what I was talking about.

Taunting a clan leader because his members are throwing clan games seems like a legitimate goad to me.
    No it's not...not when someone looks at something and thinks they have all of the facts when they don't

And that was not goading...that was pure harrasment

Dave
  15. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    30 Mar '08 18:561 edit
    Originally posted by nmdavidb
    No it's not...not when someone looks at something and thinks they have all of the facts when they don't

And that was not goading...that was pure harrasment

Dave
    I see you are still allowed to tell falsehoods while my truthful posts regarding this matter get modded.

It's impossible to get the facts when any attempt to do so is censored. And I would have, and have in the past, commented on ANY player who had odd draws and/or inappropriate resignations that I became aware of. It's not all about you.