1. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Apr '15 08:272 edits
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    "When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things." -- 1 Corinthians 13:11

But then again, you don't even properly understand a simple text like Colossians, why should I expect you to understand Corinthians?

Seriously, grow up.
    If i ever get as mature as you reach for a note in my pocket, it reads, shoot me! 😵
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    15 Apr '15 08:49
    Originally posted by FMF
    [b]No, sorry. I'm not playing your game. Figure it out yourself, that is, IF you have the ability. If you don't, too bad. You wouldn't get it even if I told you, you're not equipped. Most others here grok *exactly* what I mean. They may not agree, but at least they understand English enough to know what I'm saying. They've pieced it together. It goes bac ...[text shortened]... ot clear from this what "understanding of God" you are claiming that dogs have. Care to explain?
    No.

I'm gonna let you chew on it until you either choke on it and admit it's not as big a deal to you as you thought it was or until you stop badgering me because you're not getting the enjoyment out of it that you thought you would.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    15 Apr '15 09:01
    Originally posted by FMF
    [b]No, sorry. I'm not playing your game. Figure it out yourself, that is, IF you have the ability. If you don't, too bad. You wouldn't get it even if I told you, you're not equipped. Most others here grok *exactly* what I mean. They may not agree, but at least they understand English enough to know what I'm saying. They've pieced it together. It goes bac ...[text shortened]... ot clear from this what "understanding of God" you are claiming that dogs have. Care to explain?
    If you don't understand unconditional love, then there is no point in explaining. I believe Suzianne's reply means that she believes you and others like you have less understanding of God than a dog.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Apr '15 09:06
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    If you don't understand unconditional love, then there is no point in explaining. I believe Suzianne's reply means that she believes you and others like you have less understanding of God than a dog.
    But she seems unable to explain what understanding of God dogs have.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Apr '15 09:09
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    No.

I'm gonna let you chew on it until you either choke on it and admit it's not as big a deal to you as you thought it was or until you stop badgering me because you're not getting the enjoyment out of it that you thought you would.
    If you believe that dogs have a better understanding of God than some people do, then you are claiming that dogs have some understanding of God. If you are unable to explain what this understanding of God is, then it means that your whole claim about people, dogs and God is just daft. Indeed, this is probably why you are being evasive and deflecting. If, as you suggest, dogs have some understanding of God, are they born with this understanding, are they genetically primed somehow to gain the understanding at some point in their lives, or do they simply learn it as they grow older?
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    15 Apr '15 09:15
    Originally posted by FMF
    But she seems unable to explain what understanding of God dogs have.
    Let me put it this way. She believes God has an unconditional love for humans and dogs seem to have a sort of unconditonal love for their owners. Therefore, the idea that dogs may have a better understanding of God than some humans who don't seem to show unconditional love. Do you get that idea?
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Apr '15 09:21
    Let me put it this way. She believes God has an unconditional love for humans and dogs seem to have a sort of unconditonal love for their owners. Therefore, the idea that dogs may have a better understanding of God than some humans who don't seem to show unconditional love. Do you get that idea?
    So what is this understanding of God that dogs supposedly have?

Do dogs have differing degrees of understanding of God?

Are there dogs that are completely unaware of God?
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    15 Apr '15 09:27
    Originally posted by FMF
    So what is this understanding of God that dogs supposedly have?

Do dogs have differing degrees of understanding of God?

Are there dogs that are completely unaware of God?
    I believe you missed the point. Dogs may not have any understanding of God at all. But because dogs seem to show unconditional love in some sense, then in that respect, they may have a better understanding of God than some humans that never show unconditional love.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Apr '15 09:32
    I believe you missed the point. Dogs may not have any understanding of God at all. But because dogs seem to show unconditional love in some sense, then in that respect, they may have a better understanding of God than some humans that never show unconditional love.
    What understanding of God "may" they have?
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Apr '15 09:35
    Dogs may not have any understanding of God at all.
    But if they do, as Suzianne suggests, are there dogs that have better understanding of God than other dogs, and are there perhaps some dogs who have no understanding of God whatsoever?
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    15 Apr '15 09:35
    Originally posted by FMF
    What understanding of God "may" they have?
    I guess Suzianne was right. Well, I tried. 😏
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Apr '15 09:391 edit
    I guess Suzianne was right. Well, I tried. 😏
    So neither of you can explain what this "understanding of God" is that you and her, or maybe just her, claim that dogs have? I am not surprised. Do you believe cats have a better understanding of God than dogs, according to Suzianne's theory, or do cats have a lesser understanding of God. If there is a difference between dogs' and cats' understanding of God, what are some examples of the discrepancy? Do cats also have a better understanding of God than some people?
  13. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    15 Apr '15 11:08
    Originally posted by FMF
    So neither of you can explain what this "understanding of God" is that you and her, or maybe just her, claim that dogs have? I am not surprised. Do you believe cats have a better understanding of God than dogs, according to Suzianne's theory, or do cats have a lesser understanding of God. If there is a difference between dogs' and cats' understanding of God, wha ...[text shortened]... e examples of the discrepancy? Do cats also have a better understanding of God than some people?
    Bulldog - Understands the concept of transubstantiation. Prefers to discuss biscuits.

Beagle - Mostly agnostic. Wants to believe but confused by all the evil and poor quality biscuits in the world.

Collie - Has a Zoroastrian understanding of God, believing light was created from darkness. This understanding hasn't improved its ability to fetch sticks.

Pug - Proudly atheistic. Will attack any postman it suspects of being a Christian.

Alaskan Malamute - Refused to take part in this survey.

P.S Don't get me started on cats...
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Apr '15 11:32
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Bulldog - Understands the concept of transubstantiation. Prefers to discuss biscuits.

Beagle - Mostly agnostic. Wants to believe but confused by all the evil and poor quality biscuits in the world.

Collie - Has a Zoroastrian understanding of God, believing light was created from darkness. This understanding hasn't improved its ability to fetc ...[text shortened]...
    Alaskan Malamute - Refused to take part in this survey.

P.S Don't get me started on cats...
    I met a Collie once in the Outer Hebrides that could fetch a stone after being thrown into the sea. Clearly its Zoroastrianism was more developed than you give it credit for.
  15. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    15 Apr '15 16:28
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I met a Collie once in the Outer Hebrides that could fetch a stone after being thrown into the sea. Clearly its Zoroastrianism was more developed than you give it credit for.
    That was a Collin sir, not a Collie. 😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree