A better understanding of God

A better understanding of God

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
09 Apr 15
1 edit

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
I do not profess belief in hell as a literal place of torment, it is inconsistent with a loving God and just God.
But according to you God's love is conditional, so presumably there are conditions where God is not love and God is not just. Your concept of God is steeped in your cult's falsehoods, misanthropy and JW membership exclusivity. Every time you speak you underline this.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
09 Apr 15
1 edit

Originally posted by stellspalfie
I had a similar conversation and reaction from Mr Carobbie a while back. I told him and another witness of two very negative experiences I was aware of, one of which involved my wife and brother-in-law (he had cancer as a child, local jw's knocked on the the door several times, to 'offer support' and try to convince his parents to not accept blood).....his reaction was to call me a liar.
It's easier for him to brush aside our negative experiences as lies, rather than to contemplate there is something very rotten in the methods of Jehovah Witnesses that pray upon the vulnerable.
He claimed i was a novice when it came to understanding JWs, but it is clear that he is a novice when it comes to understanding mental health and the damage such evangelical religion can do to people who are already struggling with paranoia and fear. - I'd go as far as to say that the JWs who turn up on our doorstep are there for their own salvation, not ours, whatever they might claim.

rc

Moves
09 Apr 15
2 edits

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
It's easier for him to brush aside our negative experiences as lies, rather than to contemplate there is something very rotten in the methods of Jehovah Witnesses that pray upon the vulnerable.
He claimed i was a novice when it came to understanding JWs, but it is clear that he is a novice when it comes to understanding mental health and the damage ...[text shortened]... turn up on our doorstep are there for their own salvation, not ours, whatever they might claim.
I have not stated they were lies, what i have actually stated is that all we have is your word for them. Again what i have actually stated is that its not been my experience and demonstrated that you have little or no knowledge of what actually transpires beyond that limited experience.

There is nothing rotten about our methods as you have rather bitterly insinuated. All our code of practice is legally established and governed by the charities commission. If you have anything real to report to them, anything other than your rather bitter and contorted perspective then i suggest you do so.

You yourself have admitted that you know practically nothing about the good that we accomplish and you yourself admitted that you have never actually engaged in the work of witnessing, that makes you both ignorant and a novice. A simple statement of fact as evidenced by your own words.

FYI I have a member of my family who has been diagnosed with acute mental health issues and i recent your ignorant assumptions that i know little about it. They have been hospitalized on three occasions and I make monthly visits with them to the doctors and with a psychiatrist nurse in their presence every two weeks. Perhaps if you stopped assuming so much you would look less like the that ignoramus that you evidently purport to be and more like a human being.

Now i have spent enough time remonstrating with you. Generally i am a very positive individual and all i can say is that engaging with you has been an utterly negative and depressing experience and I will find refreshment with people that i can relate to and resonate with. People who are far less assuming than you. Adios.

Moves
09 Apr 15

I have not stated they were lies, what i have actually stated is that all we have is your word for them. Again what i have actually stated is that its not been my experience and demonstrated that you have little or no knowledge of what actually transpires beyond that limited experience.

There is nothing rotten about our methods as you have rather ...[text shortened]... eople that i can relate to and resonate with. People who are far less assuming than you. Adios.
does your family member choose to have a mental health issue?

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
09 Apr 15

I have not stated they were lies, what i have actually stated is that all we have is your word for them...

There is nothing rotten about our methods as you have rather bitterly insinuated...

You yourself have admitted that you know practically nothing about the good that we accomplish...

...all i can say is that engaging with you has been an utterly negative and depressing experience
You accused me of falsehood. How is that different from lying?

I did not insinuate your methods were rotten. I stated it.

I did not 'admit' i know nothing about the good work you do; again i 'stated' it. (Why should i know, care or believe your reported good deeds? To use your own words, i only have your word for them).

Communicating with you has hardly been a bed of roses either. - And i wouldn't say too loudly that you are feeling depressed. A JW is bound to overhear and rush to your door to take advantage of the situation.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
09 Apr 15

Originally posted by Agerg
We disagree. If every day, the latest edition of "The Sun" gets translated into every language and forced into every household under threat of death and torture (a bit like how the Bible was spread I suppose) if it is rejected, I will still think it is a load of crap.

Similarly I and others hold the Bible is a load of crap; and we should not be expected to have to read it.
That hardly seems in line with the scientific method.

Your hypothesis is that the Bible is crap. Devise your own experiments (i.e. read it for yourself) and test your hypothesis. Of course, you might find that the Bible is NOT crap, or at least, you can't conclusively prove it is crap, and thus you might be forced to amend your hypothesis.

You all SAY that you're not against changing your minds, but that's simplistic baloney.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
09 Apr 15
1 edit

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
I think you are rather missing the point. I 'witnessed' unacceptable behaviour by a pair of Jehovah Witnesses. (Tottenham, London). Why do you find it easier to label this observation as 'silly' or a 'falsehood' than to acknowledge you can not speak for the behaviour of all Jehovah Witnesses who may not be quite so polite and unforceful as you yourse ...[text shortened]... perience does not make you qualified to judge; it just makes you biased and a bit of a plimsoll.
The JWs who canvass this area do so on Saturday mornings.

Edit: Although I was surprised this last Tuesday. I was leaving my house for a doctor's appointment and was approached by a white man with a Stetson and a very attractive black woman. I was wondering why they were out on a Tuesday. Normally we have a group of three older white people, two men and a woman, going around on Saturday mornings.

Moves
09 Apr 15

Originally posted by Suzianne
That hardly seems in line with the scientific method.

Your hypothesis is that the Bible is crap. Devise your own experiments (i.e. read it for yourself) and test your hypothesis. Of course, you might find that the Bible is NOT crap, or at least, you can't conclusively prove it is crap, and thus you might be forced to amend your hypothesis.

You all SAY that you're not against changing your minds, but that's simplistic baloney.
some people like reading john grisham, some like stephen king, others even like dan brown...i personally think they are crap. the same could be said for the bible, its a bunch of stories (most with dubious morality). id say it was crap, it gives me nothing, it stirs nothing....but i can see why some people like it.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
09 Apr 15

Now i have spent enough time remonstrating with you. Generally i am a very positive individual and all i can say is that engaging with you has been an utterly negative and depressing experience and I will find refreshment with people that i can relate to and resonate with. People who are far less assuming than you. Adios.
Good luck finding them on this website.

All we have to go by here is the negative and depressing things you say to others here. The Robbie who goes knocking on people's doors must be a completely different individual. Some would call that hypocritical.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
09 Apr 15

some people like reading john grisham, some like stephen king, others even like dan brown...i personally think they are crap. the same could be said for the bible, its a bunch of stories (most with dubious morality). id say it was crap, it gives me nothing, it stirs nothing....but i can see why some people like it.
Truth is often stranger than fiction.

rc

Moves
09 Apr 15
1 edit

does your family member choose to have a mental health issue?
No more than you choose to be a slaphead.

F

Moves
09 Apr 15

What I choose to reveal about my family in a public forum is none of your business.
Surely what you choose to reveal about your family in a public forum becomes everyone's business?

rc

Moves
09 Apr 15

Originally posted by Suzianne
Good luck finding them on this website.

All we have to go by here is the negative and depressing things you say to others here. The Robbie who goes knocking on people's doors must be a completely different individual. Some would call that hypocritical.
I've had many positive experiences with people on this website and then again I've had many negative experiences as well. I suspect you lie somewhere in between depending upon your mood.

rc

Moves
09 Apr 15
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
Surely what you choose to reveal about your family in a public forum becomes everyone's business?
Yes however if i choose to reveal that a person i know has mental illnesses I don't need to go into specifics about that mental illnesses, that's my prerogative to reveal it or not. Its no one else's business what I reveal, this was my intent although it came out kind of wrong.

F

Moves
09 Apr 15

Yes however if i choose to reveal that a person i know has mental illnesses I don't need to go into specifics about that mental illnesses, that's my prerogative to reveal it or not.
No but people are entitled to ask you about the things you reveal.