A better understanding of God

A better understanding of God

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
09 Apr 15
2 edits

Originally posted by Suzianne
That hardly seems in line with the scientific method.

Your hypothesis is that the Bible is crap. Devise your own experiments (i.e. read it for yourself) and test your hypothesis. Of course, you might find that the Bible is NOT crap, or at least, you can't conclusively prove it is crap, and thus you might be forced to amend your hypothesis.

You all SAY that you're not against changing your minds, but that's simplistic baloney.
If one perceives a thing that has the unmistakable scent and appearance of dog$hit, he does not have to dissect if from all angles just to be sure it isn't a dog$hit painted nugget of gold.

Similarly we don't have to read every word of the Bible when just a cursory inspection of its words, and the multitude of flies attracted to it removes any reasonable doubt it isn't just a big old mound of crap.

My hypothesis is sound :]

Moves
09 Apr 15

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
In the immortal words of Stewie Griffin, 'Go away Fat man!'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9y1NyUJM9Y
have you told them that you think its a life style choice?

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
09 Apr 15

Originally posted by FMF
Suzianne, recently on the 'Who is the bigger blasphemer?' thread:

[b]"Dogs understand having an unconditional love, and therefore, in some respects I can see dogs having a better understanding of God than some people do."

Is this a perspective that Christians here are inclined to agree with?[/b]
There is only one religion in existence that can deliver on a better understanding of God.

It is not even a religion.............but it is called Sanatan Dharma.

Mundane religion lends itself to belief systems and TRUE RELIGION has nothing to do with belief systems, but instead it deals with truth.

That truth is found in the Vedic literature about God.

In this Spiritual Vedic literature you shall find eternal knowledge of God and Gods abode and Gods pastimes and Gods qualities and Gods appearance and Gods attributes and Gods relationships and Gods power.etc

There is nowhere on earth apart from the Vedas where you will find knowledge of God.

The Best place to start is the "Bhagavad Gita As It Is" by Srila Prubhupada and the 18 volume "Srimad Bhagavatam" and then the 3 volume Krsna Book.

Prubhupada has written and translated many more books which you will discover when you look inside the back cover of any Krsna Book.

Remember..............You cannot find any truthful knowledge of God apart from the Vedic Literatures...................and only those literatures translated by His Divine Grace Srila Prubhupada. (this is fact)

rc

Moves
09 Apr 15

Originally posted by stellspalfie
have you told them that you think its a life style choice?
Why are you still here fat man? Goooooooo awaaaaaaay!

Cryogenically frozen

Moves
09 Apr 15

Is that what they say to you when you turn up uninvited on someone's doorstep?

Moves
09 Apr 15

rc

Moves
09 Apr 15
3 edits

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyBZ6HdHF94
Haha πŸ˜€

Ok so now lets get down to business fat man. From what I suspect you are attempting to call into question my existentialist leanings that we are free moral agents and responsible for our own actions and can choose to act in a specific way regardless of genetic predisposition. This of course is self evident because we know that predisposition is not the same as a causation. I have of course pointed out on no less than three occasions that your attempt to undermine this reality by utilising an anomaly (in this case mental health) is not only disingenuous but flawed. One may have no jurisdiction over an illness nor its effects and thus this is clearly not the same when one does have recourse to the natural faculty of conscience and can exercise ones will. Please do not attempt to introduce logical fallacies like this in the future. Its been done and dusted. Now goooooo awaaaaay fat man!

O

Moves
09 Apr 15
1 edit

Hey RC ! I've just had an idea, why don't you guys become meter readers for gas water and electric? You'd get access to so many homes! If this works I'd expect a ticket for a god spot. πŸ™‚

rc

Moves
09 Apr 15

Originally posted by OdBod
Hey RC ! I've just had an idea, why don't you guys become meter readers for gas water and electric? You'd get access to so many homes! If this works I'd expect a ticket for a god spot. πŸ™‚
why don't we become meter readers for domestic supply companies? the thing is OdBod we are only interested in people that are interested if you understand my meaning. We spend a vast majority of our time simply searching for people that are interested. Access is not really desired unless people are interested. Its a waste of our time and theirs otherwise. We are not sales people. I never try to persuade anyone. Either you are interested or you are not. If so then fine, if not well thanks for your time and have a nice day.

Moves
09 Apr 15

Haha πŸ˜€

Ok so now lets get down to business fat man. From what I suspect you are attempting to call into question my existentialist leanings that we are free moral agents and responsible for our own actions and can choose to act in a specific way regardless of genetic predisposition. This of course is self evident because we know that predisposi ...[text shortened]... cal fallacies like this in the future. Its been done and dusted. Now goooooo awaaaaay fat man!
i seem to remember that you description of an 'anomaly' is rather fluid depending on when it suits you.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
10 Apr 15

Ok so now lets get down to business fat man.
Do you think calling another poster a "slap head" and also "fat man" at least three times in this thread alone is adding to your "positive" or "negative" experiences with posters here at RHP? In fact would you say that using these personal adjectives constitutes "personal abuse" which you seem to decry so much during what you presumably consider to be your "negative experiences"?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
10 Apr 15

Originally posted by Agerg
If one perceives a thing that has the unmistakable scent and appearance of dog$hit, he does not have to dissect if from all angles just to be sure it isn't a dog$hit painted nugget of gold.

Similarly we don't have to read every word of the Bible when just a cursory inspection of its words, and the multitude of flies attracted to it removes any reasonable doubt it isn't just a big old mound of crap.

My hypothesis is sound :]
I agree with Suzianne. The dog$hit could be hiding pearls and diamonds. 😏

rc

Moves
10 Apr 15

i seem to remember that you description of an 'anomaly' is rather fluid depending on when it suits you.
The world is also turning is it not?

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
10 Apr 15

Originally posted by divegeester
Do you think calling another poster a "slap head" and also "fat man" at least three times in this thread alone is adding to your "positive" or "negative" experiences with posters here at RHP? In fact would you say that using these personal adjectives constitutes "personal abuse" which you seem to decry so much during what you presumably consider to be your "negative experiences"?
I think Robert sometimes, quite often in fact, gets stuck in 'Clan Forum' mode.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
10 Apr 15

Originally posted by Dasa
There is only one religion in existence that can deliver on a better understanding of God.

It is not even a religion.............but it is called Sanatan Dharma.

Mundane religion lends itself to belief systems and TRUE RELIGION has nothing to do with belief systems, but instead it deals with truth.

That truth is found in the Vedic literature about God. ...[text shortened]... ....and only those literatures translated by His Divine Grace Srila Prubhupada. (this is fact)
And I daresay that my dogs have a much better understanding of God than you do.