1. Standard memberjimmyb270
    Top Gun
    Angels 20
    Joined
    27 Aug '03
    Moves
    10619
    23 Nov '05 18:25
    Okay, so god puts us on this earth, plays around with plagues and smiting people and stuff, and then disappears for 2000 years or so.
    But he still expects us to believe in him.
    He has given us brains that question the world and universe around us, and he has fueled these brains with much evidence to suggest that he doesn't exist.
    But he still expects us to believe in him.

    Man, that's just cruel
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Joined
    24 May '04
    Moves
    148419
    23 Nov '05 18:38
    Originally posted by jimmyb270
    Okay, so god puts us on this earth, plays around with plagues and smiting people and stuff, and then disappears for 2000 years or so.
    But he still expects us to believe in him.
    He has given us brains that question the world and universe around us, and he has fueled these brains with much evidence to suggest that he doesn't exist.
    But he still expects us to believe in him.

    Man, that's just cruel
    Cruel is seeing one human murder one they do see.
    Cruel is breaking one's word to one's advantage to anothers hurt
    they do see.
    Cruel is sacrificing one's own children to gods for a good crop.
    Cruel is using one's brains to find ways to steal from people one
    does and does not see, but knows they are real.
    Cruel is sending things into other people's air, water, food supply
    to kill them, people they do see.
    Cruel accusing God of evil when everyday God gives us all we
    require for life, we just don't share what we have and blame God
    for our selfishness.
    Kelly
  3. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Joined
    21 May '03
    Moves
    223256
    23 Nov '05 20:02
    Originally posted by jimmyb270
    Okay, so god puts us on this earth, plays around with plagues and smiting people and stuff, and then disappears for 2000 years or so.
    But he still expects us to believe in him.
    He has given us brains that question the world and universe around us, and he has fueled these brains with much evidence to suggest that he doesn't exist.
    But he still expects us to believe in him.

    Man, that's just cruel
    Wrong,

    All evil is because people listen to satan's lies.
  4. DonationPawnokeyhole
    Krackpot Kibitzer
    Right behind you...
    Joined
    27 Apr '02
    Moves
    16879
    23 Nov '05 20:06
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Wrong,

    All evil is because people listen to satan's lies.
    I guess that Tsunami in Asia really listened to Satan's lies, then?
  5. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Joined
    21 May '03
    Moves
    223256
    23 Nov '05 20:09
    Originally posted by Pawnokeyhole
    I guess that Tsunami in Asia really listened to Satan's lies, then?
    That has nothing to do with what I was talking about, so quit trying to change to subject. If people didn't sin do you think that would happen. O'well is all I can say about the Tsunami, glad I wasn't there.

    The Bible says it can rain on the just and the unjust. You need to be ready before it is you time to die.

    Ecclesiastes 3:11
    He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end.
  6. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Joined
    13 Dec '04
    Moves
    49088
    23 Nov '05 20:20
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    O'well is all I can say about the Tsunami, glad I wasn't there.
    LMAO! That's the spirit.
  7. Et in Arcadia ego...
    Joined
    02 Feb '05
    Moves
    1666
    23 Nov '05 20:24
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Wrong,

    All evil is because people listen to satan's lies.
    That's terrible.

    Who are Satan's Lies- a metal band, or similar?
  8. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    11774
    23 Nov '05 20:311 edit
    Originally posted by sjeg
    That's terrible.

    Who are Satan's Lies- a metal band, or similar?
    Actually, that's a great name for a metal band 😀 You're a genious!..
  9. Standard memberjimmyb270
    Top Gun
    Angels 20
    Joined
    27 Aug '03
    Moves
    10619
    23 Nov '05 20:35
    Ah well, good to see consistency in the evangelists at least. Completely missing the point as usual.
  10. Joined
    12 Feb '05
    Moves
    47202
    23 Nov '05 21:22
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Cruel is seeing one human murder one they do see.
    Cruel is breaking one's word to one's advantage to anothers hurt
    they do see.
    Cruel is sacrificing one's own children to gods for a good crop.
    Cruel is using one's brains to find ways to steal from people one
    does and does not see, but knows they are real.
    Cruel is sending things into other people ...[text shortened]...
    require for life, we just don't share what we have and blame God
    for our selfishness.
    Kelly
    Everyone thinks it is cruel and horrific when a rapist says "Love me, or I will make you suffer." But when god says the same, believers say: "you should give in."
  11. USA
    Joined
    14 Nov '05
    Moves
    122
    23 Nov '05 21:55
    Originally posted by jimmyb270
    Okay, so god puts us on this earth, plays around with plagues and smiting people and stuff, and then disappears for 2000 years or so.
    But he still expects us to believe in him.
    He has given us brains that question the world and universe around us, and he has fueled these brains with much evidence to suggest that he doesn't exist.
    But he still expects us to believe in him.

    Man, that's just cruel
    Ok first of all the plagues and smiting are punishments and second God hasn't disappeared; you just need to open your eyes

    and I have yet to see any solid evidence saying he doesn't exist
  12. USA
    Joined
    14 Nov '05
    Moves
    122
    23 Nov '05 22:00
    Originally posted by schakuhr
    Everyone thinks it is cruel and horrific when a rapist says "Love me, or I will make you suffer." But when god says the same, believers say: "you should give in."
    A rapist's "love" is destructive and purely for the sexual pleasure of the rapist

    God however wants what’s best for us, and fallowing his laws only increases the quality of life
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Joined
    24 May '04
    Moves
    148419
    23 Nov '05 23:00
    Originally posted by Pawnokeyhole
    I guess that Tsunami in Asia really listened to Satan's lies, then?
    You call storms, floods, and other natural disasters evil?
    Kelly
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Joined
    24 May '04
    Moves
    148419
    23 Nov '05 23:02
    Originally posted by schakuhr
    Everyone thinks it is cruel and horrific when a rapist says "Love me, or I will make you suffer." But when god says the same, believers say: "you should give in."
    Where did you hear God say that?
    When someone says take my hand or you will drowned, does offering
    the help mean your evil because they must accept it as offered or die?
    Kelly
  15. The sky
    Joined
    05 Apr '05
    Moves
    10385
    23 Nov '05 23:14
    Originally posted by specs57
    Ok first of all the plagues and smiting are punishments
    If they are punishments, why do they hit people who do their best not to sin, or babies who aren't even able to sin yet, while many people who for example voluntarily hurt or kill others go free?

    specs: " and second God hasn't disappeared; you just need to open your eyes"

    I have my eyes wide open...

    specs: "and I have yet to see any solid evidence saying he doesn't exist"

    I have yet to see any solid evidence saying the Flying Spaghetti Monster doesn't exist. Or Muffy. Or a bluespotted dog with horns and wings.
Back to Top