1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 Dec '05 23:08
    Originally posted by The Chess Express
    What do you believe then? How does God handle sin?
    Sin has consequences in itself. God simply warns that it leads to death and destruction.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 Dec '05 23:09
    Originally posted by joelek
    Well, then I assume you don't believe He blesses people either.

Scripture teaches he blesses, and Scripture teaches he punishes. Take it or leave it, but don't do a bit of each.
    Sure He blesses people, but where does it say He punishes?
  3. USA
    Moves
    06 Dec '05 01:14
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    Isaiah 66:16 For with fire and with his sword the Lord will eecute judgment upon all men, and many will be those slain by the Lord

I have more if you want to hear them too
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 Dec '05 01:40
    Originally posted by specs57
    Isaiah 66:16 For with fire and with his sword the Lord will eecute judgment upon all men, and many will be those slain by the Lord

I have more if you want to hear them too
    Ok...but I thought you were speaking of today. This is end times is it not?
  5. Halifax, NS
    Moves
    06 Dec '05 02:51
    Galatians 6:7-8:

Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life.
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    06 Dec '05 03:08
    Galatians 6:7-8:

Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life.
    I'm not sure that this is the proper verse for the point you are
    making. I do believe that God blesses and curses, but the universe
    is setup so that we simply get what we plant, this is true in the
    fields where our crops grow, and in our lives in how we order them.
    Kelly
  7. Halifax, NS
    Moves
    06 Dec '05 03:13
    I considered your point actually when I was thinking about posting that passage. But I believe the phrase "God cannot be mocked" is there for a very specific reason. It is there because it is God who ultimately brings about the reapings of our sowings, not just karma or some equivalent.
  8. Halifax, NS
    Moves
    06 Dec '05 03:17
    How about,

"For anyone who eats and drinks without recognizing the body of the Lord eats and drinks judgment on himself. That is why many among you are weak and sick, and a number of you have fallen asleep. But if we judged ourselves, we would not come under judgment." I Cor 11:29-31.

(Fallen asleep = died)

And actually, the Bible speaks of hell much more than it does heaven. Even Jesus spoke more about judgment and hell (Gehennah) than he ever did heaven.
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    06 Dec '05 03:22
    I considered your point actually when I was thinking about posting that passage. But I believe the phrase "God cannot be mocked" is there for a very specific reason. It is there because it is God who ultimately brings about the reapings of our sowings, not just karma or some equivalent.
    Okay, I see your point.
    Kelly
  10. USA
    Moves
    06 Dec '05 04:11
    Ok...but I thought you were speaking of today. This is end times is it not?
    How about this

Exodus 32:34-35 
    Now go, lead the people to the place I told you about. Look! My angel will lead the way before you. And when I come to call the people to account, I will certainly hold them responsible for their sins.”
    Then the Lord sent a great plague upon the people because they had worshiped the calf Aaron had made
    . (NLT)
  11. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    06 Dec '05 05:47
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Where did you hear God say that?
    When someone says take my hand or you will drowned, does offering
    the help mean your evil because they must accept it as offered or die?
    Kelly
    Well, it is kinda implied by the whole worship me or go to hell mentality....
  12. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    06 Dec '05 05:49
    Maybe He gave us brains and we choose to ignore Him? Perhaps He has given enough already that would compel someone to believe He created it in the first place. Like the wonders all around you.
    But we can explain (even if only in loose terms sometimes) so much of the universe that we live in. In terms of being the ultimate explantion God is coming awfly close to death....
  13. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    06 Dec '05 05:52
    Originally posted by specs57
    Open your eyes and see the many miracles he still works today they are proof enough in his existence

And jimmyb270 said that God gave us evidence he didn't exist; I simply haven't seen any examples of this evidence

And unlike God there is no evidence to support your Flying Spaghetti Monster

Besides there are dogs named Muffy.
    Most of these miracles can be explained in terms of simple physical and chemical processes. Life included.

I see no evidence for God - other than a book. And unlike alot of you guys I don't believe everything I read.
  14. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    06 Dec '05 05:54
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    You call storms, floods, and other natural disasters evil?
    Kelly
    Evil really requires concious will. Storms cannot be evil or good. It just is. Kinda like the kitchen sink.
  15. Colorado
    Moves
    06 Dec '05 05:55
    Sin has consequences in itself. God simply warns that it leads to death and destruction.
    The definition of sin is an act that goes against the will of God. Sin is not some separate entity that has nothing to do with God. Sin and God are very much connected.

Gal 6:7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

John 5:14 Afterwards, Jesus findeth him in the temple and said unto him: Behold, thou art made whole: sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto thee.

It’s clear that the consequences of sin are determined by God. “Reap what you sow” is God’s law.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree