A Jehovah's Witness contradiction or plain hypocrisy?

A Jehovah's Witness contradiction or plain hypocrisy?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
26 Jan 14
1 edit

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
wow its clear you have never had a public ministry in your life - please don't offer me anymore advice on how to carry out a public ministry, taking advice from a pure novice is simply hard to respect. Try reading acts chapter 17, report back to us in what you have found out about the methods of the apostle Paul.
The only ones who should have a "public ministry" are those who are called by God to do so. Certainly, not every single JW would be "called by God" and making everyone in your corporation do "public ministry" dilutes the message. It makes the message seem to be "my church makes me do this". Shoving amateurs into a position that should only be handled by persons with the passion to do so is a bad idea, at best.

Also, answer me this. Exactly how much "public ministry" (and here I DO mean "knocking on doors" ) does your CEO do?

rc

Moves
26 Jan 14
5 edits

Originally posted by Suzianne
The only ones who should have a "public ministry" are those who are called by God to do so. Certainly, not every single JW would be "called by God" and making everyone in your corporation do "public ministry" dilutes the message. It makes the message seem to be "my church makes me do this". Shoving amateurs into a position that should only be hand ...[text shortened]... Exactly how much "public ministry" (and here I DO mean "knocking on doors" ) does your CEO do?
wow, you really dont know anything about Jehovahs Witnesses, every single Jehovahs witness that qualifies has a public ministry, after all Jesus did say to ALL Christians to go forth to the nations for a witness did he not, the admonition to let your light shine was given to ALL Christians was it not, ALL our elders have a public ministry, they go from house to house the same as anyone else where the emphasis is not on quantity but quality , after all you cannot expect an older person to be able to as much to do as much a younger one, can you.

Amateurs??? wow, take a look at the demographics, your ministers are not fishers of men they are aquarium keepers. We have grown astronomically while church attendance has diminished so we wont be taking lessons from those who are full of nothing but lame excuses, I don't feel like it, i don't have the calling, not all are required, I have a field to sell etc etc all garbage, tell the Christ when he returns why Christians have hidden their talent, a six your old witness girl is more knowledgeable and a more proficient minister than the paid clergy of Christendom.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Jehovah%27s_Witnesses

http://www.brin.ac.uk/news/2011/church-attendance-in-england-1980-2005/

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
26 Jan 14

wow, you really dont know anything about Jehovahs Witnesses, every single Jehovahs witness that qualifies has a public ministry, after all Jesus did say to ALL Christians to go forth to the nations for a witness did he not, the admonition to let your light shine was given to ALL Christians was it not, ALL our elders have a public ministry, they go fr ...[text shortened]... Jehovah%27s_Witnesses

http://www.brin.ac.uk/news/2011/church-attendance-in-england-1980-2005/
I think she is referring to the big shot that sits at the watchtower Society giving orders to the the common people.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
26 Jan 14

Originally posted by RJHinds
I think she is referring to the big shot that sits at the watchtower Society giving orders to the the common people.
Now you are showing how little you know.....

rc

Moves
26 Jan 14

Originally posted by galveston75
Now you are showing how little you know.....
really Gman dude its like a constant battle against ignorance.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
26 Jan 14

Yes spiritual ignorance and when they don't have the heart Jehovah is looking for he will never let them see the beautiful and clear truths the Bible does have.
They all claim to know more then we do and say we are wrong, but yet there are not two here in this forum that agrees with anyone on all things which the bible says would be one of the marks of his followers. They are so used to disagreeing that it is beyond their perception that unity really does exist. Must be a dark spiritual hole to live in...

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
26 Jan 14

Yes spiritual ignorance and when they don't have the heart Jehovah is looking for he will never let them see the beautiful and clear truths the Bible does have.
They all claim to know more then we do and say we are wrong, but yet there are not two here in this forum that agrees with anyone on all things which the bible says would be one of the marks of ...[text shortened]... eyond their perception that unity really does exist. Must be a dark spiritual hole to live in...
I am not interested in a unity of accepting lies over the truth, as you JWs do.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
26 Jan 14

A constant battle against your own ignorance.

rc

Moves
26 Jan 14
1 edit

A constant battle against your own ignorance.
whether its my own ignorance or other peoples, its still a battle.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
26 Jan 14

whether its my own ignorance or other peoples, its still a battle.
I agree.

rc

Moves
26 Jan 14

I agree.
ok, I wanna ask you did you fight in the Vietnam war?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
26 Jan 14
1 edit

They all claim to know more then we do and say we are wrong, but yet there are not two here in this forum that agrees with anyone on all things which the bible says would be one of the marks of ...[text shortened]... eyond their perception that unity really does exist. Must be a dark spiritual hole to live in...
Stroke me stroke you, turn around, stroke me stroke you, ooh you are so fabulous, so are you, stroke me, stroke you...

rc

Moves
26 Jan 14

Originally posted by divegeester
Stroke me stroke you, turn around, stroke me stroke you, ooh you are so fabulous, so are you, stroke me, stroke you...
well well nae friends Pete, why don't you go eat worms?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
26 Jan 14

well well nae friends Pete, why don't you go eat worms?
"Friends?" What would you know. Go preach the gospel God's grace and mercy as manifested in Jesus Christ and his complete redemptive work to your Muslim friends and find out what persecution really is.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
26 Jan 14

ok, I wanna ask you did you fight in the Vietnam war?
Irrelevant.