A Jehovah's Witness contradiction or plain hypocrisy?

A Jehovah's Witness contradiction or plain hypocrisy?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
27 Jan 14
2 edits

Originally posted by divegeester
Unfortunatly your cultish pinhole perspective prevents you seeing past the erroneous dogma you have been forced-fed for decades; it dominates your every post and creates in you a spirit of agressive self-righteousness and abusive language. It speaks for you, it defines you, yet you cannot see it.
yawn, see the scripture quoted, lets hear you comment upon it Mr Big, you are a King and a Priest, one destined to rule with Jesus for a thousand years, lets hear what you have to say on the verse Mr. Big, to whom does it apply?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
27 Jan 14

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
yawn, see the scripture quoted, lets hear you comment upon it Mr Big, you are a King and a Priest, one destined to rule with Jesus for a thousand years, lets hear what you have to say on the verse Mr. Big, to whom does it apply?
I agree with Hinds in this matter, already said so.

rc

Moves
27 Jan 14
3 edits

I agree with Hinds in this matter, already said so.
How comfortable and convenient for you? so this verse was directed only to a few Christians, those with an alleged 'calling', then why does Peter term them a Holy nation?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
27 Jan 14

How comfortable and convenient for you? so this verse was directed only to a few Christians, those with an alleged calling, then why does Peter term them a Holy nation?
Robbie you are wrong about so many things and you're wrong about this too. In fact I would go so far as to say there absolutely no redeeming feature of your Mickey Mouse organisation and it's crack pot beliefs. I'm not going to get into a protracted exchange with you where you attempt to lead everyone down your obscure path of alternate doctrine which is so obviously wrong to everyone except you and your side kick galvoboy. My advice is to have a powder and go lie down for a while.

rc

Moves
27 Jan 14
5 edits

Robbie you are wrong about so many things and you're wrong about this too. In fact I would go so far as to say there absolutely no redeeming feature of your Mickey Mouse organisation and it's crack pot beliefs. I'm not going to get into a protracted exchange with you where you attempt to lead everyone down your obscure path of alternate doctrine which i ...[text shortened]... cept you and your side kick galvoboy. My advice is to have a powder and go lie down for a while.
just answer the question, no one cares about your hatred. Here it is again,

If the verse (1 Peter 2:9) was directed only to a few Christians, those with an alleged 'calling' as you have asserted, then why does Peter term them a Holy nation?

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
27 Jan 14

so what, the sermon on the mount was primarily delivered to the apostles , Christ did not specify that it was for all Christians yet it is clear that it is. Many of the illustrations were delivered only to the apostles yet are we to conclude that they are only relevant to them? hardly i don't think any Christian would acquiesce to such an unfounded ...[text shortened]... mport, and thus your case falls apart and can now be found, smoldering on the forum floor. RIP.
So you don't have a verse where Jesus makes a claim about 'ALL Christians'. We got there in the end.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
27 Jan 14
2 edits

more lamebo excuses! give it up Hinds, Jesus said that he would be with those who were teaching and preaching until the conclusion of the system, the gift were temporary as has been pointed out to you, these are the facts.

Will you tell Jesus when he returns and asks for the talent that he gave you, ummm, it wasn't my calling, i didn't feel like i ...[text shortened]... led you out of darkness into his wonderful light.

are you no part of this nation Jonah Hinds?
The AWAKE magazine speaks again.

1 Peter 2:9

New King James Version (NKJV)

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light;

This obviously was only a limited number of people.

rc

Moves
28 Jan 14
1 edit

Originally posted by Proper Knob
So you don't have a verse where Jesus makes a claim about 'ALL Christians'. We got there in the end.
His example and teaching as well as that of the apostles are incumbent upon all Christians and your insistence that they are not is quite ludicrous and I find the inclination to look at Scripture in so narrow minded a fashion quite disturbing as if Christs teaching is the sole denominator in a Christian's understanding of the whole Bible. Perhaps its a reflection of having reduced your search for truth to unintelligent agencies that is also causing you to look at Scripture in a similar way, out of context, in isolation and demanding that it have a narrow perspective, who can say?

rc

Moves
28 Jan 14
2 edits

Originally posted by RJHinds
The AWAKE magazine speaks again.

1 Peter 2:9

New King James Version (NKJV)

[b]But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light;

This obviously was only a limited number of people.[/b]
Why? you have not said and as your word is no good we have absolutely no reason to believe otherwise. A nation is generally considered to be referring to all people in that nation. Where does it say that it is only with reference to specific Christians those with the so called calling.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
28 Jan 14

Why? you have not said and as your word is no good we have absolutely no reason to believe otherwise. A nation is generally considered to be referring to all people in that nation. Where does it say that it is only with reference to specific Christians those with the so called calling.
Your Watchtower false prophets and teachers are trying to teach something that is not in the text. The reference is for those people to join together to make a nation and you know that the people of a nation have to do a variety of tasks to form a nation. They can not do that if all of them are travelling the world as missionary evangelists. Some must stay home and be pastors, and teachers, and laborers, and farmers, and physicians, and husbands and wives, etc.

rc

Moves
28 Jan 14
2 edits

Your Watchtower false prophets and teachers are trying to teach something that is not in the text. The reference is for those people to join together to make a nation and you know that the people of a nation have to do a variety of tasks to form a nation. They can not do that if all of them are travelling the world as missionary evangelists. Some must sta ...[text shortened]... e pastors, and teachers, and laborers, and farmers, and physicians, and husbands and wives, etc.
So you have no reason to offer other than the ramblings of your gargantuan ego. As for falsehoods, lying and deception you yourself have been caught undoubtedly using a chess engine pretending to be knowledgeable and strong chess player I would therfore need to acknowledge your superior experience of all things deceptive, fraudulent and underhanded. No one has any reason to believe a word you say.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
28 Jan 14

So you have no reason to offer other than the ramblings of your gargantuan ego. As for falsehoods, lying and deception you yourself have been caught undoubtedly using a chess engine pretending to be knowledgeable and strong chess player I would therfore need to acknowledge your superior experience of all things deceptive, fraudulent and underhanded. No one has any reason to believe a word you say.
Ad hominem attack is all you got.

rc

Moves
28 Jan 14

Ad hominem attack is all you got.
One does not reason with a rattle snake, you are what you are.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
28 Jan 14

His example and teaching as well as that of the apostles are incumbent upon all Christians and your insistence that they are not is quite ludicrous and I find the inclination to look at Scripture in so narrow minded a fashion quite disturbing as if Christs teaching is the sole denominator in a Christian's understanding of the whole Bible. Perhaps it ...[text shortened]... y, out of context, in isolation and demanding that it have a narrow perspective, who can say?
The only thing I'm insisting on is a verse to back your claim, if your claim requires another one of your 'harmonising' techniques then that's okay. I was only curious, I have no horse in this race remember.

rc

Moves
28 Jan 14
1 edit

Originally posted by Proper Knob
The only thing I'm insisting on is a verse to back your claim, if your claim requires another one of your 'harmonising' techniques then that's okay. I was only curious, I have no horse in this race remember.
I am at work and I loathe texting from smartphone, reasons have been given demonstrating just why Christ's words apply to all Christians that the words in Matthew were given to a relatively small number is irrelevant the content reveals that it was intended for a much greater audience after all it would be unreasonable to expect 11 individuals to give a witness to the entire inhabited earth. The fact that the system has not ended and that Christ states that he will be with those who engage in the work long after the apostles have died. Your entire argument rests upon the false premise that he did not say All Christians and once again we are back to reasoning on what is not written rather than what is. If you can provide a single valid scriptural reason why it does not apply to all Christians then do so, so far all those that have been proffered are demolished in the weight of scriptural evidence.