A Jehovah's Witness contradiction or plain hypocrisy?

A Jehovah's Witness contradiction or plain hypocrisy?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
29 Jan 14

Originally posted by Rajk999
Maybe its time to stop then. Remember I used to be leading the JW criticisms some years ago. You seem to have taken over. Not sure you getting through to them. Give it a break and lets get back to some more juicy topics 😀
Yes you are right. In fact my post above was a sort of resignation that another 600+ post thread has not achieved anything.

Moves
29 Jan 14

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Have you tried boohoo.com ? For the man for whom the total summation of spirituality is to attack Jehovahs Witnesses I find your pretension to reason mock worthy, as far as I can tell you are unable to reason on a single Scripture probably because you don't have the calling how else are we to account for it, rather strange for someone who claims to be destined to be a king and a priest with Christ in the heavens.
Mock all you want, we both know what the psalms say about mockers. My post is a reasoned, honest assessment of what it's like debating with you and Galveston on anything, and importantly why it's like it is.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
29 Jan 14

We should always try reasoning on Scripture. If the total summation of your spirituality is to attack Jehovahs Witnesses then you may end up like divesgeester, devoid of reason, exposed and condemned by his own words, a floundering shell of a Christian. If you are going to sow hatred then don't be surprised if you reap it, much better it is to appeal to reason.
Except that you *don't* "appeal to reason".

Lord knows we've all tried.

But because you insist on staying enslaved to the 'faithful and discreet slave'™, it is you who stands "devoid of reason, exposed and condemned by his own words, a floundering shell of a Christian".

But I'm not holding my breath waiting for a change.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
29 Jan 14
1 edit

no what you have provided is a serious of lame excuses justifying why you have hidden your talent, tell it to Jesus, your stance amounts to this,

1. Only those with a so called calling preach and teach - if this is the case then by your own admission your are not qualified to teach and preach and we should pay no heed to your words because you ha ...[text shortened]...
My work here is done, you may tell the Christ upon his return why you have hidden your talent.
What's it like arguing when half the stuff you're arguing isn't even true?

rc

Moves
29 Jan 14

Originally posted by Suzianne
What's it like arguing when half the stuff you're arguing isn't even true?
Wow a philosopher, why don't you tell us what is true and what is not true seeing that you can tell.

rc

Moves
29 Jan 14

Originally posted by Suzianne
Except that you *don't* "appeal to reason".

Lord knows we've all tried.

But because you insist on staying enslaved to the 'faithful and discreet slave'™, it is you who stands "devoid of reason, exposed and condemned by his own words, a floundering shell of a Christian".

But I'm not holding my breath waiting for a change.
there was a plethora of scriptures given see if you can reason on just one, i set it as a goal for your homework, just one! lets see if you can do it.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
30 Jan 14

no what you have provided is a serious of lame excuses justifying why you have hidden your talent, tell it to Jesus, your stance amounts to this,

1. Only those with a so called calling preach and teach - if this is the case then by your own admission your are not qualified to teach and preach and we should pay no heed to your words because you ha ...[text shortened]...
My work here is done, you may tell the Christ upon his return why you have hidden your talent.
I never said I had no calling. Some are called for various purposes. I am not called to go door to door and bother my neighbors by trying to preach to them. I am not called to be a pastor of a church. I am not called to speak in tongues. But the Holy Spirit keeps calling back to this Spirituality Forum to instruct atheists, evilutionists, JWs, and other non-believers in the truth. I am called to be...

The Moron Instructor

Moves
30 Jan 14
1 edit

Originally posted by RJHinds
I am called to be...

The Moron Instructor
Yeah, how is all that going anyway?

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
30 Jan 14

Originally posted by divegeester
It was going really well until he added "instructor" to
his "The Moron" epithet.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
30 Jan 14

Time will tell.

HalleluYah !!! Praise the LORD! Holy! Holy! Holy!

Moves
30 Jan 14
2 edits

Time will tell...
How do you think calling yourself or other people a "moron" supports your mission here?

How much time needs to pass before you will know?

Moves
30 Jan 14

there was a plethora of scriptures given see if you can reason on just one, i set it as a goal for your homework, just one! lets see if you can do it.
Anyway back to the OP...

Can you explain why your publications seem to hold conflicting direction for people leaving their religious group to join the JWs and another direction for those wishing to leave the JWs?

rc

Moves
30 Jan 14
1 edit

I never said I had no calling. Some are called for various purposes. I am not called to go door to door and bother my neighbors by trying to preach to them. I am not called to be a pastor of a church. I am not called to speak in tongues. But the Holy Spirit keeps calling back to this Spirituality Forum to instruct atheists, evilutionists, JWs, and other non-believers in the truth. I am called to be...

The Moron Instructor
then what is your calling according to the gifts mentioned in the Bible, try as i might i cannot find instructing atheists, evilutionists or anything else, did you simply make up your calling to fit in with your personal preferences? Once again what we see is a spirit of personal convenience rather than a true Christian spirit of self sacrifice.

rc

Moves
30 Jan 14
2 edits

Anyway back to the OP...

Can you explain why your publications seem to hold conflicting direction for people leaving their religious group to join the JWs and another direction for those wishing to leave the JWs?
First of all i do not hold that the views are conflicting, it is your assertion not mine, why don't you justify it yourself it would be a novelty and no problem for a man of great erudition and reasoning abilities like yourself.

Secondly i am not a spokesperson for the Watchtower Bible and tract society of Pennsylvania incorporated, if you have any questions regarding their publications i suggest you write phone or email them, you may visit their site at www.jw.org

If you have any Biblical scriptures to discuss i will be more than happy to discuss them.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
30 Jan 14

then what is your calling according to the gifts mentioned in the Bible, try as i might i cannot find instructing atheists, evilutionists or anything else, did you simply make up your calling to fit in with your personal preferences? Once again what we see is a spirit of personal convenience rather than a true Christian spirit of self sacrifice.
You must mean gifts mentioned in the AWAKE magazine.

The moron Instructor