1. London
    Moves
    27 Oct '05 16:322 edits
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    What better for LH to confess then the sins of the RCC? Here's a very beautiful story of enlightened Inquistional justice told by Inquistor (and a damn fine one!) Bernard Gui:

The above-said Agnes did not wish to swear an oath on the command of my said lord bishop, even though he gave her ample opportunity to do so, but said that she would ne ...[text shortened]... ntence passed on her above confessions. The said Agnes accepted this day purely and simply.
    Source?

EDIT: Never mind.

EDIT2: Btw, the narrator is not Bernard Gui.
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    27 Oct '05 17:52
    Originally posted by lucifershammer
    Source?

EDIT: Never mind.

EDIT2: Btw, the narrator is not Bernard Gui.
    Hey, you're right - it was the Bishop Jacques Fornier. The stories are linked from this site http://www.fordham.edu/halsall/sbook1s.html#Medieval%20Heresy.

I have read that there are similar stories in one or both of Gui's books but I haven't found them online. Since you sem to have no problem accessing RCC documents, perhaps you could share some stories of the progressive types of interrogations and happy results described by Inquistor Gui in his book(s).

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree