1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Sep '11 02:141 edit
    Originally posted by Dasa
    Modern Hinduism is a hodge podge mixture of demi-God worship corrupt Indian culture with a dash of Vedic understanding thrown in --and the consequent incorrect knowledge that proceeds from all of that.
    Let me get this straight. Hinduism is a hodge podge mixture of demi-God worship, corrupt Indian culture, false conclusions, incorrect teaching and you claim it misleads people. But, nevertheless, you say "Hinduism is not false" because it has 'a dash of Vedic understanding thrown in"? Meanwhile all other religions are "false" and their followers are "atheist"?
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    29 Sep '11 02:18
    Originally posted by sumydid
    You demanding politeness from others is rather ironic, wouldn't you agree?

I'm watching you get called out for your behavior and you are not willing to man up, admit it, and explain it.

Instead you are dodging, evading, and doing anything [b]but
    addressing the inquiries, even to the point of answering with a non answer becasuse the question ...[text shortened]... relieved. You probably just saved me a ton of wasted effort and time. Thank you sir.[/b]
    Took you long enough😛
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Sep '11 02:19
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Took you long enough😛
    It may have been brought on by a forumwide sausage shortage. 😵
  4. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    29 Sep '11 03:03
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Took you long enough😛
    I will address your post only if you repeat it.... politely.

🙄
  5. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Sep '11 03:24
    Originally posted by FMF
    Let me get this straight. Hinduism is a hodge podge mixture of demi-God worship, corrupt Indian culture, false conclusions, incorrect teaching and you claim it misleads people. But, nevertheless, you say "Hinduism is not false" because it has 'a dash of Vedic understanding thrown in"? Meanwhile all other religions are "false" and their followers are "atheist"?
    NO...
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Sep '11 03:48
    Originally posted by sumydid
    I will address your post only if you repeat it.... politely.

🙄
    I would accept what you say but for the provocative emoticon.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Sep '11 03:50
    NO...
    No? And yet I have merely distilled it from your recent posts using your own words. Why can't you be clear?
  8. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Sep '11 04:564 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    No? And yet I have merely distilled it from your recent posts using your own words. Why can't you be clear?
    Once again....

Vedic knowledge is true yesterday today and tomorrow.

When Indians get hold of this knowledge and discuss it around the camp fire for thousands of years it becomes distorted.

When it becomes distorted (for them) they then pass on this distorted understanding to their children - and as the children become older they also discuss Demi-God worship around the camp fire - and this is how you get incorrect knowledge ending up in the public arena.

Now persons who are serious about spirituality do not get implicated in these distortions - because they know where authorized publications are to be found.

But it sad to see that the level to which distorted understanding has spread all over India and also abroad - remembering camp fire talk has been going on everywhere and for thousands of years and many persons around the camp fire have poor reading skills and rely heavily on camp fire talk for all their knowledge. eg (cooking farming, medicine)

However -for most Indians it would not matter if they were embracing something of a distorted nature or something that is absolutely correct because spirituality is not actually on top of their to-do list.

The actual nature of the incorrect knowledge is - of distortion and misunderstanding rendering it partially distorted.

So these persons are not atheistic because of it - but just mixed up with their understandings.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Sep '11 07:27
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop, or a punchline, or something.
    It's a bit like watching Twin Peaks.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Sep '11 07:42
    Originally posted by divegeester
    It's a bit like watching Twin Peaks.
    No. Eraserhead. With bbar in a little cameo as the woman singing on the the black and white tiled floor.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Sep '11 08:06
    Originally posted by FMF
    No. Eraserhead. With bbar in a little cameo as the woman singing on the the black and white tiled floor.
    Enjoy this cheered-up revue:

YouTube&feature=fvwp&NR=1
  12. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    29 Sep '11 10:13
    I must say you are the most polite person I have come across in this forum to date.

The self is - the pure transcendental soul.

Eternal, indestructible, pure, full of knowledge, blissful and eternal servant/friend of God.

In this world the self has given power of attorney to the mind and the mind is guided by the intelligence.

When the mind is absor ...[text shortened]... ing us to return home back to Godhead - and never return to this world of suffering ever again..
    When I was young my mother discipled herself to Maharaj Charan Singh Ji, a guru in the Sant Mat tradition, from the Radha Soami Satsang. We visited him in Beas, for darshan. My most salient memory is that her guru was very calm and kind, with a warm smile, and sat still for long periods of time. I'm sure there are very important differences between the Sant Mat tradition and your own. Although Sant Mat is a bhakti tradition emphasizing the path of devotion, and has, historically, Vaisnava roots (Kabir Sahib is revered, for instance), it also has deep roots in the Sikh tradition, and places more emphasis on living gurus than on Vedic teachings. Anyway, I'm not out to bore you with my biography. I am interested, though, in your views about the relation between the self and the Godhead. In the Sant Mat tradition, the view is that, for the typical person, the body controls the mind which controls the soul. The hope is that through simran and darshan, one can master one's bodily needs, quiet the mind, and allow the soul to spiritually advance.

I am familiar with the metaphors used to describe this advancement. What I'm curious about is how this advancement manifests itself psychologically. I mean, I am already a vegetarian. I oppose cruelty, abstain from mind altering materials, meditate often (though I should do this more). I love my friends and family. I care for and respect (as best I can) people I don't know. I don't think I am my physical body, or that I am my set of thoughts and desires; I know that I am something different from all this, or that all this is something like me through a filter that needs to be cleaned. But what I want to know is what it will feel like, internally, as I spiritually advance. How will my psychology change? Will I continue to have any desires at all? Will I still be a good friend, partner, lover?
  13. Standard memberrvsakhadeo
    rvsakhadeo
    India
    Moves
    29 Sep '11 12:27
    Originally posted by bbarr
    When I was young my mother discipled herself to Maharaj Charan Singh Ji, a guru in the Sant Mat tradition, from the Radha Soami Satsang. We visited him in Beas, for darshan. My most salient memory is that her guru was very calm and kind, with a warm smile, and sat still for long periods of time. I'm sure there are very important differences between the Sant M ...[text shortened]... ill I continue to have any desires at all? Will I still be a good friend, partner, lover?
    Extraordinary, I must say. Dear Sir, you are almost there. More than half way. Some milestones must have been noticed. Bodily changes like glowing complexion, better tone in voice, light but refreshing sleep, less appetite and hence less qty.of stools, reduction in blood pressure . Some hear bells ringing--faintly not loudly. Some smell pleasant aromas. But do not bother about the signs. Do more Bhakti. Best wishes from fellow Sadhak.
  14. Jo'Burg South Africa
    Moves
    29 Sep '11 13:23
    Originally posted by rvsakhadeo
    I do not want to take names but a quick survey shows that one poster calls " bs ", one calls it " rag ", one says he has seen it online in three minutes and he has understood it all.
    I was the one that saw it online and in three minutes realized that it sounded like evolution (false). Nothing beats Christianity - that is my point of view.
  15. Standard memberrvsakhadeo
    rvsakhadeo
    India
    Moves
    29 Sep '11 13:431 edit
    Originally posted by Nicksten
    I was the one that saw it online and in three minutes realized that it sounded like evolution (false). Nothing beats Christianity - that is my point of view.
    OK.I respect your belief. But let me just say Hindu spiritual thought has nothing to with Evolution real or false--as you term it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree