A request to Dasa and his several detractors

A request to Dasa and his several detractors

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
25 Sep 11

Originally posted by divegeester
He won't. He has no response. He has no intention nor interest in an exchange of ideas and this is a feature of HIM not his philosophy/belief system. So you are wasting your time. You assume that because he is a proponent of the Vedas, that you are in some way "connected" and responsible for each other; this is a fallacy.

Dasa is an ignoramus tr ...[text shortened]... s amusement to this forum but in now way diminished any proclamations of the Vedas.

Relax.
You're mining an interesting seam with this observation. But. Go on. Name names re: those who are to you, what Dasa is to rvsakhadeo, creedwise and labelwise.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
25 Sep 11

Originally posted by rvsakhadeo
I am not concerned about Dasa or his victims in so far as their mutual mudslinging was concerned.I got upset when some posters started to ridicule the Vedas and allied thoughts.
I wouldn't ridicule the Vedas but I was stuck on some of the ideas where it says the Earth is the center of the universe, an idea harping back before the days of Copernicus, with the sun being described as a planet along with Venus, Mars, etc. Also no mention of Neptune or Pluto or anything past that. If the Vedas were true eternal knowledge, why would it say the whole universe was 4 billion miles across? Or even an updated version where the universe is 16,000 odd light years across, a distance only about half way to the center of our own galaxy.

One would think if you have to believe the Vedas are some kind of eternal knowledge there would not be such errors in the text.

So was Vishavhetu/Dasa just not getting it right, with all those ridiculous posts?

If so, can you give the correct version?

From what I have read here, there doesn't seem to be anything in the Vedas, the Bible, the Qu'ran or the Egyptian book of the dead or anything else on the planet that could not have been written by talented story tellers.

As you can see, I am not just dissing the Vedas.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
25 Sep 11

Originally posted by sonhouse
I wouldn't ridicule the Vedas but I was stuck on some of the ideas where it says the Earth is the center of the universe, an idea harping back before the days of Copernicus, with the sun being described as a planet along with Venus, Mars, etc. Also no mention of Neptune or Pluto or anything past that. If the Vedas were true eternal knowledge, why would it s ...[text shortened]... been written by talented story tellers.

The earth is not the centre of the universe.

The Vedas inform us that the sun is the centre.

You are bringing up the 4 billion again - even after I have explained that.....why?

Do not make dishonest comments.

Moves
25 Sep 11

Originally posted by Dasa

You are bringing up the 4 billion again - even after I have explained that.....why?

The very concept that the universe has a center is puzzling. There is a greatest observable distance from any point in space, defining a sphere with a radius of about 14 billion light years, but no point in space differs from any other in this respect. Can we comprehend this?

It would be interesting to read the Vedic references to the sun being at the center of the universe.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
25 Sep 11
1 edit

The Vedas inform you wrong. The sun is just another run of the mill star, there is in fact a near twin less than 5 light years away, the closest star in fact, or at least third closest, not sure exactly which one is absolute closest since the Alpha Centauri system has three suns in it. Our sun is situated about 25,000 odd light years from the center of the galaxy and the entire solar system and all the stars around us are all in orbit around that vast center of mass in the center of our galaxy. It takes about 100,000,000 years to complete one galactic orbit.

Don't go telling me they are not stars.

Your latest figure for the size of the universe at 16 thousand light years is only off by a factor of about 3000. 16 thousand light years is only about halfway to the center of our own galaxy, the Milky Way. Our milky way is about 100,000 light years across and the nearest galaxy, the Greater Magellanic Cloud, is about 200,000 light years away, it got chewed up interacting with our own galaxy we find ourselves in. There are some other smaller ones scattered about like satellites around the milky way but the next real galaxy over is Andromeda, clocking in at about 2 million light years away.

They are in fact real stars. Don't even go there.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
26 Sep 11

The Vedas inform you wrong. The sun is just another run of the mill star, there is in fact a near twin less than 5 light years away, the closest star in fact, or at least third closest, not sure exactly which one is absolute closest since the Alpha Centauri system has three suns in it. Our sun is situated about 25,000 odd light years from the center of the ...[text shortened]... in at about 2 million light years away.

Yes, quit making these dishonest comments. You know there is only one
Sun and it is very special. For if it was not like it was, we would not be
able to live. That is one reason the pagans used to worship the Sun.
They didn't know that God created it and placed it there for our benefit.
You being a former semi-scientist should know that. So stop being so
dishonest about it.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
26 Sep 11

From what I have read here, there doesn't seem to be anything in the Vedas, the Bible, the Qu'ran or the Egyptian book of the dead or anything else on the planet that could not have been written by talented story tellers.
I do not pretend to speak of that of which I have insufficient knowledge, so I cannot comment on the motives behind these other religious tomes.

However, a big concept behind the Bible is the concept of Faith. Since man is given Free Will, faith is paramount. Man can believe what he wants, and can act on that belief. If God had made the Bible be written in such a way as to prove the existence of God, there would be no reason for Faith, and Free Will becomes a joke. We are here to make up our own minds on whether God exists and whether it is worth our time and trouble to believe in Him, given that there is no proof. That is the reason why there is no proof of God, and why there is no proof that God created the universe with His own hand. Proof denies Faith.

I think even you can grok this, sonhouse.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
26 Sep 11
1 edit

The Vedas inform you wrong. The sun is just another run of the mill star, there is in fact a near twin less than 5 light years away, the closest star in fact, or at least third closest, not sure exactly which one is absolute closest since the Alpha Centauri system has three suns in it. Our sun is situated about 25,000 odd light years from the center of the in at about 2 million light years away.

I have told you before your science does not know how large the universe is because they have no reference point to take a measurement from.

The Veda informs us that the sun is almost in the centre of the universe.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
26 Sep 11

Originally posted by Suzianne
I do not pretend to speak of that of which I have insufficient knowledge, so I cannot comment on the motives behind these other religious tomes.

However, a big concept behind the Bible is the concept of Faith. Since man is given Free Will, faith is paramount. Man can believe what he wants, and can act on that belief. If God had made the Bible be writt ...[text shortened]... he universe with His own hand. Proof denies Faith.

I think even you can grok this, sonhouse.
I think sonhouse is getting too old to grok anything.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
26 Sep 11
1 edit

The Veda informs us that the sun is almost in the centre of the universe.
Then, like Rick in Casablanca, you are misinformed, to put it politely.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
26 Sep 11

Originally posted by Suzianne
Then, like Rick in Casablanca, you are misinformed, to put it politely.
Is the earth in the center of the universe? How do you know what is
in the center of the universe? Dasa has the Veda, what do you have
to inform you?

r
rvsakhadeo

India

Moves
26 Sep 11

I wouldn't ridicule the Vedas but I was stuck on some of the ideas where it says the Earth is the center of the universe, an idea harping back before the days of Copernicus, with the sun being described as a planet along with Venus, Mars, etc. Also no mention of Neptune or Pluto or anything past that. If the Vedas were true eternal knowledge, why would it s ...[text shortened]... been written by talented story tellers.

The Vedas were considered infallible by the Hindu sages, seers, saints, philosophers of the past. That was because of the then felt belief that the Vedas were God's exhalations ! They were called ' Shruti ' or ' the Heard ' knowledge to imply that the various sages who are considered to have composed the ' Sukta 's actually heard them spoken by God into their ears. This was the position in those days. Unquestionably, Vedas are a treasure of spiritual thinking of the highest order. They can be thought to be inspired by God as all great things in this world apparently are so considered by us theists. But the truth is that the earth is not the centre of the observed universe. Nor is the Sun the only star or a special object in the Cosmos. Vedas, the Geeta, the Upanishads are the spiritual authorities of the Hindus. Nothing more. Nothing less.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
26 Sep 11

The Vedas were considered infallible by the Hindu sages, seers, saints, philosophers of the past. That was because of the then felt belief that the Vedas were God's exhalations ! They were called ' Shruti ' or ' the Heard ' knowledge to imply that the various sages who are considered to have composed the ' Sukta 's actually heard them spoken by God into t ...[text shortened]... , the Upanishads are the spiritual authorities of the Hindus. Nothing more. Nothing less.
How do you know what is or is not the center of the universe. We can
only observe a portion of the universe and we don't know how much more
universe there is. My quess is that God might have made the earth in
the center of the universe and expanded the heavens out from it. But
who can say for sure? Only God.

r
rvsakhadeo

India

Moves
26 Sep 11

Originally posted by RJHinds
How do you know what is or is not the center of the universe. We can
only observe a portion of the universe and we don't know how much more
universe there is. My quess is that God might have made the earth in
the center of the universe and expanded the heavens out from it. But
who can say for sure? Only God.
I agree that no one, let alone a non-astronomer/ non-astrophysicist like me, can claim to know how big is the observed universe. We can't be 100% sure about its size. But the present view of the astronomers is that the solar system is lying in the Milky Way eccentrically and the Milky Way is lying eccentrically in the observed universe.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
26 Sep 11

I agree that no one, let alone a non-astronomer/ non-astrophysicist like me, can claim to know how big is the observed universe. We can't be 100% sure about its size. But the present view of the astronomers is that the solar system is lying in the Milky Way eccentrically and the Milky Way is lying eccentrically in the observed universe.
Those astronomers are getting too big for their britches.