1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    14 Sep '14 01:181 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    If you think I'm being "unjust" and have "shortcomings" just come out of the closet and say it.
    Final reply until October, 2014: divegeester, your personal "shortcomings", covert and overt sins as well as mine and of all other Believers in Christ on the face of the globe are a personal matter; they have never been, nor are they now ugly grist for consumption on some online public forum. They are an intensely personal and private matter between Members of the Body of Christ which will become His Bride following the Rapture [exit from planet earth] at a time known only to God.

Restoration of fellowship with God, by regaining the filling of the Holy Spirit, requires confession: "If we confess our sins, He is faithful to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all [our unknown and forgotten sins] unrighteousness." (1 John 1:9) "confess" in the common street language of the Koine Greek of the ancient world in which much of the New Testament is written is "homologeo". It simply means to declare, admit or state; in this context, to name our sins, to agree with God and His divine standard of righteousness as revealed to us as we grow in grace by learning absolute truth from His Word. -Bob
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Sep '14 01:50
    Originally posted by divegeester to Grampy Bobby
    If you think I'm being "unjust" and have "shortcomings" just come out of the closet and say it.
    It was apparently just one of his trademark passive aggressive insinuations.
  3. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    14 Sep '14 04:271 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Right.

You guys bang on this drum far, [b]far
    more than the theists do.

Who is shoving their opinions down whose throats, again? The only way for you guys to be any more obnoxious about it is if you go door-to-door.[/b]
    Could you point out exactly what it is you find obnoxious about my post and why?

Here it is in its entirety :

CalJust has given you a sensible and thoughtful reply.

I would like to add that the FSM is an analogy for your god (or any god).
    The way you feel about the FSM is the way I feel about your god.
    The FSM is ridiculous to you. Both are ridiculous to me.

I'm not saying that your belief is ridiculous just trying to
    get over how I (and presumably most atheists) feel about a deity.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Sep '14 05:551 edit
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Final reply until October, 2014: divegeester, your personal "shortcomings", covert and overt sins as well as mine and of all other Believers in Christ on the face of the globe are a personal matter; they have never been, nor are they now ugly grist for consumption on some online public forum. They are an intensely personal and private matter betw ...[text shortened]... ghteousness as revealed to us as we grow in grace by learning absolute truth from His Word. -Bob
    But this was what you actually said in response to me saying you were attention seeking:

Posted by Grampy Bobby
    "Is it true that men often display a deflection reflex which justly or unjustly criticizes others for the selfsame shortcomings they're already painfully aware of in the mirror of their own souls?"

And now you seem to be saying that rather that making a passive aggressive "bitch-slap" comment at me, you were in fact comparing my comment that you were attention seeking, as being representative of the generality of mans fallen state.

I see.
  5. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    14 Sep '14 09:04
    Originally posted by josephw
    Not unless God revealed it to you.
    Not even then.
  6. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    14 Sep '14 09:071 edit
    We know through faith. You mean it's not something *you* can know.
    No, it's not something that can be known, regardless of the many claims to the contrary. Of course you can believe it, whether through your faith as you assert or some other means, but that's not the same as knowing.
  7. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    16 Sep '14 23:21
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Could you point out exactly what it is you find obnoxious about my post and why?

The FSM is ridiculous to you. Both a ...[text shortened]... iculous just trying to
    Still waiting.....................
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    18 Sep '14 06:58
    Originally posted by FMF
    I am getting through my days just fine as it happens. My mention of "low self-worth" was a response to Grampy Bobby referring to his own life as being "a fleeting vapour trail" and/or how he thinks he can make it not "a fleeting vapour trail" by telling himself, and everybody else, that he is immortal.
    Wow. I cannot imagine how a person could miss the entire point any more than you have here.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    18 Sep '14 07:06

The FSM is ridiculous to you. Both a ...[text shortened]... iculous just trying to
    Only that (not to repeat what I just said) you guys beat this dead horse endlessly. Yeah, we get it that you don't believe in what we believe. We'd have to be truly stupid to not get it after hearing it ten thousand (or more... maybe it just seems like more) times.

And even now, you have to repeat it to me after I already said you bang this drum far more than we do. Yeah, that's the obnoxious part.
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    18 Sep '14 07:09
    Originally posted by divegeester
    But this was what you actually said in response to me saying you were attention seeking:

Posted by Grampy Bobby
    "Is it true that men often display a deflection reflex which justly or unjustly criticizes others for the selfsame shortcomings they're already painfully aware of in the mirror of their own souls?"

And now you seem to be saying that rath ...[text shortened]... ere attention seeking, as being representative of the generality of mans fallen state.

I see.
    And now, to this, I say "He's not the only one."

I'm just sayin'.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    18 Sep '14 07:20
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    No, it's not something that can be known, regardless of the many claims to the contrary. Of course you can believe it, whether through your faith as you assert or some other means, but that's not the same as knowing.
    No, you're wrong.

But in your own little world of needing antiseptic evidence in order to believe anything, again, you simply mean that you can't know it.

"The Most High has spoken, even with His own blood. Surely, we know."
  12. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    18 Sep '14 07:36
    And even now, you have to repeat it to me after I already said you bang this drum far more than we do. Yeah, that's the obnoxious part.
    But you said my post was obnoxious before I repeated it. (Which was for your benefit.)

So, I ask politely once more, what was obnoxious in my post?
    Here it is - in case you have forgotten:

The FSM is ridiculous to you. Both are ridiculous to me.

I'm not saying that your belief is ridiculous just trying to

Thanks.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Sep '14 08:25
    Wow. I cannot imagine how a person could miss the entire point any more than you have here.
    This is Suzianne Code for 'I disagree with you', I think.
  14. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    18 Sep '14 09:06
    Originally posted by josephw
    ...the truth is Jesus. He said so. It is an unmistakable fact that Jesus said it, and it is an unmistakable fact that He proved it according to the infallible record of scripture.
    😵

This place.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 Sep '14 05:21
    But you said my post was obnoxious before I repeated it. (Which was for your benefit.)

So, I ask politely once more, what was obnoxious in my post?
    Here it is - in case you have forgotten:

The way you feel ...[text shortened]... ust trying to

Thanks.
    Look, let's just forget it.

I don't know how many more times I can say it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree