1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    11 Mar '09 09:51
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    So, at a funeral, when christians say, "she's in a better place now", are they just full of it?
    LOL...yes, they are full of traditional teaching, not bible teaching...
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    11 Mar '09 09:58
    Originally posted by buckky
    According to the Christian belief where does the soul of an aborted fetus go after being aborted ?
    Catholics are free to believe either that the unborn and the infant may go to Heaven or to Limbo or to Hell. There has never been any consensus. Perhaps Christians would do well to concede the limits of their religious knowledge at least sometimes.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    11 Mar '09 10:00
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Actually there is another defense. Gods command not to kill. If you don't mind taking the blame for disobeying God, you might still be doing the victim a favor. It might also work with older people too.
    But what about the murderer's soul?
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    11 Mar '09 11:51
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    But what about the murderer's soul?
    Thats why I put in the clause "if you don't mind taking the blame".
  5. weedhopper
    Moves
    11 Mar '09 12:59
    Originally posted by buckky
    According to the Christian belief where does the soul of an aborted fetus go after being aborted ? I can't imagine Hell would be the destination. So whats left ? Heaven is where the little bundles must go I would think. If they do go to Heaven then they just missed the life on earth experience, but went straight into paradise for eternity. Not that bad of a deal really.
    The Bible has very little on this subject. But when God took David and Bathsheba's son after 7 days of life, David grieved and said that his son couldn't come to him, but one day he (David) would go see his son. That's a lot of paraphrasing, but you get the gist of it. It's not much, but it keeps me from worrying about the souls of infants.
  6. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    11 Mar '09 16:44
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    yes there are many that promise eternal life, but not at death, only after the resurrection! think of it like this, Lazarus died, he was dead for four days, where did he go? Christ stated that he was 'sleeping', (in death) if he was in heaven and Christ resurrected him and brought him back to earth to live and die again, if he was in bliss at the ti ...[text shortened]... e hope that Christians entertain, the hope of being resurrected to life, as far as I am aware.
    So...is there any hope that aborted fetuses can be eventually resurrected to life?
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 Mar '09 17:171 edit
    This is actually an interesting question. I've tried to pose it on here, but it has proved too brutal to get much response.

If you are a Christian, and you believe that fetuses [of any trimester] are persons with the right to life, and they are guaranteed to go to heaven if they die, then wouldn't it be prudent to kill them before they have a chance t ...[text shortened]... then you are faced with the unpleasant thought of them going to hell despite their innocence.
    I believe they go to heaven, but of course, I also believe that children and infants also go to heaven. So does that make me OK with infanticide and killing children? Nope and I don't believe God would be OK with it either.
  8. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    11 Mar '09 17:292 edits
    Originally posted by whodey
    I believe they go to heaven, but of course, I also believe that children and infants also go to heaven. So does that make me OK with infanticide and killing children? Nope and I don't believe God would be OK with it either.
    But I don't care whether you or God are OK with it. I have a PASSION for saving souls that evidently exceeds both yours and his.

His hands are tied - he must follow his own rules. He's getting tons of souls for heaven whether he likes it or not!

Think of it as an enhanced plan of salvation. 100% success rate! How many evangelists can produce those kind of numbers? Billy Graham, eat your heart out.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Mar '09 18:343 edits
    So...is there any hope that aborted fetuses can be eventually resurrected to life?
    unequivocally YES, all persons who have died (with the exception of those who sinned against the Holy Spirit), whether they were righteous or unrighteous, will be resurrected and given the opportunity to learn of God and to reach perfection, which was denied them, while in a sinful state or in a state of ignorance. This is not only an aspect of Gods love, but also his justice, that they receive the same opportunity which was given Adam and Eve. A life is a life, regardless of when it was terminated and God has no problem remembering every detail of a person, that is why Christ states, have no fear, for the very hairs of your head have been numbered!

and I have hope toward God, which hope these men themselves also entertain, that there is going to be a resurrection of both the righteous and the unrighteous.

Acts 24:15
  10. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    11 Mar '09 22:30
    unequivocally YES, all persons who have died (with the exception of those who sinned against the Holy Spirit), whether they were righteous or unrighteous, will be resurrected and given the opportunity to learn of God and to reach perfection, which was denied them, while in a sinful state or in a state of ignorance. This is not only an aspect of Gods ...[text shortened]... e is going to be [b]a resurrection of both the righteous and the unrighteous.

Acts 24:15[/b]
    Heh, finally someone escapes the dilemma! Well done, robbie.
  11. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    12 Mar '09 01:47
    Heh, finally someone escapes the dilemma! Well done, robbie.
    Yes, he does. Interestingly, much of what he says is in line with accepted (though not doctrinally required) thought in Eastern Orthodox Christianity (for example, St. Gregory of Nyssa’s version of apocatastasis).
  12. Break-twitching
    Moves
    12 Mar '09 02:02
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    And what do you think that they will choose if properly presented with the full facts (and presumably some sort of brain to reason with).
    Hopefully everlasting life.......isn't that a no-brainer answer?
  13. Break-twitching
    Moves
    12 Mar '09 02:04
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    If this even is a problem for christians to discuss, then the christian religion is nothing for me, and never cannot be. I'm one who thinks for myself, and the result is that no christian church is an option for me. What feels right in my heart is the right thing, and the only right thing, and nothing else.

The souls of fetuses going to eternal hell and damnation by the command of the christian evil god, come on...
    I never said infants would go to hell!!! Never mind my accusation about your intelligence..
  14. Break-twitching
    Moves
    12 Mar '09 02:06
    yes there are many that promise eternal life, but not at death, only after the resurrection! think of it like this, Lazarus died, he was dead for four days, where did he go? Christ stated that he was 'sleeping', (in death) if he was in heaven and Christ resurrected him and brought him back to earth to live and die again, if he was in bliss at the ti ...[text shortened]... e hope that Christians entertain, the hope of being resurrected to life, as far as I am aware.
    Maybe Christ put a "hold" on Lazarus' soul in order to get His point across?...with God ANYTHING is possible.
  15. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    12 Mar '09 02:08
    unequivocally YES, all persons who have died (with the exception of those who sinned against the Holy Spirit), whether they were righteous or unrighteous, will be resurrected and given the opportunity to learn of God and to reach perfection, which was denied them, while in a sinful state or in a state of ignorance. This is not only an aspect of Gods ...[text shortened]... e is going to be [b]a resurrection of both the righteous and the unrighteous.

Acts 24:15[/b]
    I love it !!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree