1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    25 Apr '15 15:56
    Originally posted by whodey
    They spend too much time reading that crazy book they call the Bible.

Really they should be concerning themselves with saving the earth by walking instead of driving carbon emitting vehicles while trying not to pass gas and making sure everyone in society is equal, unless you are a conservative and need audited, that is. In fact, just promoting decreased ...[text shortened]... be a great start. Imagine if they all just killed themselves, Mother nature would be so happy.
    "while trying not to pass gas" Yep, whodey, as well as the unspeakable volumes of methane emitted by bovine flatulence. lol
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Apr '15 15:56
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    "What "peril" am I in for rejecting them?"

Absolutely none whatsoever if by faith alone in Christ alone you have chosen to accept this "Grace Gift".
    And anyone who has had faith in Christ, even for just a moment, was irrevocably saved at that time and there's nothing they can do about it, isn't that what you told us?
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Apr '15 16:03
    "If anyone's name was [b]not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire." Revelation 20:15*

This emphatic statement in the 66th Book of the Word of God unequivocally refers to the eternal destiny of all
    who reject rather than accept God's Grace Gift of salvation and relationship with Him in time and eternity. ...[text shortened]... ird way;
    chose it because of its appropriateness in context, definitive content and concision.[/b]
    If I reject your version of hell and the lake of fire, am I still in the same peril?
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    25 Apr '15 17:476 edits
    The Great White Throne Judgment (Revelation 20:11-15 NASB) 04 Jan '14 Thread 157295

"If anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire." Revelation 20:15*

"This is the saddest and most sobering passage in all of Scripture. Remember our Lord wept over death (John 11:35; Luke 19:41) - ...[text shortened]... lity that some of my acquaintances and friends who contribute to this forum may be among them. -Bob"
    OP Addendum: At the moment of regeneration [spiritual birth] God the Holy Spirit imputes a human spirit which enables the believer in Christ to understand, assimilate and apply the absolute truths revealed in the Word of God, which He has provided as food and nourishment for infants as they mature in the life of grace. “Like newborn babies, thirst for the pure milk of the word so that by it you may grow in your salvation." (1Peter 2:2)

What happens when Christians lose a sense of priority and/or become influenced by truths mixed with error and false teachings? Growth is stunted and human viewpoint replaces divine viewpoint: "I gave you milk, not solid food, for you were not yet ready for it. Indeed, you are still not ready." (Hebrews 5:12) "In fact, though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you the elementary truths of God's word all over again. You need milk, not solid food!" (Hebrews 5:12) Perpetual infants become confused about their spiritual status; whether or not they were saved in the first place; emotionally conflicted; and unable to firmly grasp the fact that their eternal security as Members of Christ's Royal Family depends upon God's Integrity.

One of God's Divine Attributes is Immutability [which means the Divine Integrity of His Justice and Righteousness provides an ironclad guarantee that every one of His promises will be kept]. "Anyone who lives on milk, being still an infant, is not acquainted with the teaching about righteousness." (Hebrews 5:13) The sole priority for all believers in Christ: "But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ." (2 Peter 3:18).

For your own and for your family's sake, please memorize (2 Peter 3:18) and make good daily decisions from a position of strength.
  5. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    25 Apr '15 17:541 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    What on earth is the matter with you people!?
    Their minds are easy to control. Make a vast, but hollow, threat, and they all herd up like sheep.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Apr '15 22:00
    Incorrect, Ron. This archived thread is merely "An example"
    of the "opportunity to resurrect spirituality related topics which may still be of interest..."
    Do you have one in mind?
    i hate it when i am wrong. 😞
  7. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    25 Apr '15 22:05
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    i hate it when i am wrong. 😞
    An honest error: we all make them from time to time.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Apr '15 22:10
    Originally posted by FMF
    What "peril" do you think divegeester would face for being unable to believe that God tortures people for eternity?

edit: I see I have been beaten to it..
    "But for the cowardly and unbelieving and abominable and murderers and immoral persons and sorcerers and idolaters and all liars, their part will be in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death."

(Revelation 21:8 KJV)
  9. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    25 Apr '15 23:26
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    "But for the cowardly and [b]unbelieving and abominable and murderers and immoral persons and sorcerers and idolaters and all liars, their part will be in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death."

(Revelation 21:8 KJV)[/b]
    Sounds dreadful but I am sure it all reduces down to "love your neighbour as yourself" or some such variant of the Golden Rule. Not sure how though.
  10. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    26 Apr '15 00:092 edits
    [b]The Great White Throne Judgment (Revelation 20:11-15 NASB) 04 Jan '14 Thread 157295

"If anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire." Revelation 20:15*

"This is the saddest and most sobering passage in all of Scripture. Remember our Lord wept over death (John 11:35; Luke 19:41) ...[text shortened]... that some of my acquaintances and friends who contribute to this forum may be among them. -Bob"[/b]
    It would be interesting to know what you think happens to the millions/billions who lived before the Christ appeared and also the millions/billions who never learned about the Christ whenever they lived.
    Will they be written in the book of life without knowing the Christ or will they just be discarded?
    Anyone who thinks that is truly sad and missing the true loyal love that Jehovah has for His Creation.
    I don't expect an answer as I don't think you have one.
    I think you have partial knowledge and assume things you do not know.
    (1 Corinthians 13:9, 10) For we have partial knowledge and we prophesy partially, 10 but when what is complete comes, what is partial will be done away with.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    26 Apr '15 01:58
    Originally posted by divegeester
    If I reject your version of hell and the lake of fire, am I still in the same peril?
    Even the Samaritan understood that it was not all about him.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Apr '15 02:15
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Grampy Bobby (and other Christians here) seem to have a fixation with hell, hellfire and people being burnt to death for eternity. GB has even chosen another "hell" thread as an example of a resurrected thread for his OP.

Do you think this obsession with hell is healthy?
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Apr '15 02:17
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Grampy Bobby's warning about "peril" was addressed directly to divegeester.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Apr '15 03:47
    Originally posted by roigam
    It would be interesting to know what you think happens to the millions/billions who lived before the Christ appeared and also the millions/billions who never learned about the Christ whenever they lived.
    Will they be written in the book of life without knowing the Christ or will they just be discarded?
    Anyone who thinks that is truly sad and missing the tru ...[text shortened]... prophesy partially, 10 but when what is complete comes, what is partial will be done away with.
    During the three days that Christ's body was in the tomb He went and preached to those that were imprisoned in Hell.
    For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit: By which also he went and preached to the spirits in prison;

(1 Peter 3:18-19 KJV
  15. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    26 Apr '15 03:551 edit
    Originally posted by finnegan
    Sounds dreadful but I am sure it all reduces down to "love your neighbour as yourself" or some such variant of the Golden Rule. Not sure how though.
    "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you shall be saved." (Acts 16:31b) "Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ." (Romans 5:1) You must make the decision yourself. In the privacy of your soul, simply tell God the Father that you are believing in Jesus Christ. In that moment of time your eternal destiny with Him in heaven is assured. Faith alone in Christ alone is salvation. Choice is yours.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree