1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    26 Apr '15 03:59
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Grampy Bobby (and other Christians here) seem to have a fixation with hell, hellfire and people being burnt to death for eternity. GB has even chosen another "hell" thread as an example of a resurrected thread for his OP.

Do you think this obsession with hell is healthy?
    "Sovereign God's Words, not mine. Accept them for your eternal benefit or reject them at your peril. There is no tertium quid." (Page 1)
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Apr '15 04:011 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    i hate it when i am wrong. 😞
    Must be tough times you're living through...
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Apr '15 04:04
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    "Sovereign God's Words, not mine. Accept them for your eternal benefit or reject them at your peril. There is no tertium quid." (Page 1)
    I find your obsession with hell and damnation unhealthy, unedifying and in error. I wholeheartedly reject your perspective.

What "peril" am I in for doing this?
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    26 Apr '15 04:04
    Originally posted by roigam
    It would be interesting to know what you think happens to the millions/billions who lived before the Christ appeared and also the millions/billions who never learned about the Christ whenever they lived.
    Will they be written in the book of life without knowing the Christ or will they just be discarded?
    Anyone who thinks that is truly sad and missing the tru ...[text shortened]... prophesy partially, 10 but when what is complete comes, what is partial will be done away with.
    roigam, the answers to each of your questions are clearly spelled out in the Word of God.
    If your mind is open and your emotions are in harness, I'll summarize them for you.
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    26 Apr '15 04:15
    I find your obsession with hell and damnation unhealthy, unedifying and in error. I wholeheartedly reject your perspective.

What "peril" am I in for doing this?
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby (Page 1)
    "If anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire." Revelation 20:15*

"This emphatic statement in the 66th Book of the Word of God unequivocally refers to the eternal destiny of all
    who reject rather than accept God's Grace Gift of salvation and relationship with Him in time and eternity."

"What "peril" am I in for rejecting them?"

"Absolutely none whatsoever if by faith alone in Christ alone you have chosen to accept this "Grace Gift".

Footnote: "tertium quid" is a common Latin phrase which means middle option or third way;
    chose it because of its appropriateness in context, definitive content and concision."

Note: If you're experiencing unresolved issues with eschatological passages of God's Word, I'd suggest you seek clarification from your pastor-teacher.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Apr '15 04:171 edit
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby (Pag
    "If anyone's name was [b]not
    found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire." Revelation 20:15*

"This emphatic statement in the 66th Book of the Word of God unequivocally refers to the eternal destiny of all
    who reject rather than accept God's Grace Gift of salvation ...[text shortened]... hatological passages of God's Word, I'd suggest you seek clarification from your pastor-teacher.[/b]
    I'm interested in your opinion about your own topic.

Am I in any "peril" for rejecting your beliefs about hell? If so what "peril".

Thanks
  7. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    26 Apr '15 05:462 edits
    I'm interested in your opinion about your own topic.

Am I in any "peril" for rejecting your beliefs about hell? If so what "peril".

Thanks

"Accept them for your eternal benefit or dismiss them as if spiritual life decisions have no eternal consequences at the peril [or to the detriment] of those family members, friends and others you may influence as a witness for Christ." Note: Alternative wording italicized.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Apr '15 05:49

"Accept them for your eternal benefit or dismiss them as if spiritual life decisions have no eternal consequences at the peril [or to the detriment] of those family members, friends and others you influence as a witness for Christ." Note: Alternative wording italicized.
    I think you are sidestepping divegeester's question deliberately: what "peril" does he face if you does not share your concept of "Hell"?
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Apr '15 05:57

"Accept them for your eternal benefit or dismiss them as if spiritual life decisions have no eternal consequences at the peril [or to the detriment] of those family members, friends and others you influence as a witness for Christ." Note: Alternative wording italicized.
    Why can't you answer a direct question?

What peril am I in now that I reject your interpretation of hell?
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Apr '15 06:251 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester to Grampy Bobby

The sand he's kicking in your face has got a bit bigger: it's now about how your decision to disagree with his interpretations has "eternal consequences" and are not just at your peril ~ but also both the detriment and the peril ~ of your family members, your friends and other people you know. Yikes!
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Apr '15 06:301 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    The sand he's kicking in your face has got a bit bigger: it's now about how your decision to disagree with his interpretations has "eternal consequences" and are not just at your peril ~ but also both the detriment and the peril ~ of your family members, your friends and other people you know. Yikes!
    I think most here have realised for sometime that Grampy Bobby sees himself as God's mouthpiece in this forum, in a similar way that the JWs do. He has said himself that he would rather die than be mistaken about his interpretations of the Bible.
  12. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    26 Apr '15 06:401 edit

The witness of any believer in Christ who provides unbelievers inaccurate and/or false biblical information is severely minimized if not entirely negated. Though such believers will not lose their salvation, they will run the risk of being at peril [or in danger] of suffering loss of reward for not redeeming the time to grow in grace, acquire and apply the Mind [thinking] of Christ. Following personal faith in Christ, God's plan is for us to glorify Him in time.

"And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect." (Romans 12:2).
  13. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    26 Apr '15 06:44
    I think most here have realised for sometime that Grampy Bobby sees himself as God's mouthpiece in this forum, in a similar way that the JWs do. He has said himself that he would rather die than be mistaken about his interpretations of the Bible.
    All believers in Christ are His [effective or ineffective] Ambassadors during our lives on earth
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Apr '15 06:53
    All believers in Christ are His [effective or ineffective] Ambassadors during our lives on earth
    What do you reckon your scorecard is ~ new believers created v ex-believers thinking good riddance v doubtful believers re-inspired ~ with your peculiarly pompous, emotional and passive aggressive "ambassador" style? 😉
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Apr '15 06:54
    He has also on occasion described his own behaviour on this forum as him trying to be "Christ-like".

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree