1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 May '09 06:02
    Originally posted by scherzo
    I know what an infidel is. I was just wondering why you brought the word into a discussion that didn't need it.

And yes, I do consider myself revolutionary.
    I brought it in because it is an Isalmic representation of non-muslims, it is also representative of your attitude generally in these forums, and in this thread specifically.

You speak above of believing "your job is done" and that you are a "revolutionary" because you have alienated yourself from everyone in this forum. Perhaps this bizzare objective is driven by the need many religious extremists have; to seek authentication and validation of their beliefs through being persecuted. The danger of this siege mind-set is that it can lead to a cult like entrenchment of personal indoctrination and ultimately acts of religiously driven reciprocation.

Sounds familiar?

I'm glad you are here; you awaken the complacent and reveal the dark truth about mainstream islamic attitudes.
  2. At the Revolution
    Moves
    21 May '09 00:51
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I brought it in because it is an Isalmic representation of non-muslims, it is also representative of your attitude generally in these forums, and in this thread specifically.

You speak above of believing "your job is done" and that you are a "revolutionary" because you have alienated yourself from everyone in this forum. Perhaps this bizzare object ...[text shortened]... re; you awaken the complacent and reveal the dark truth about mainstream islamic attitudes.
    1. My attitude towards non-Muslims is in no way intolerant. I'm not sure where exactly you got that idea, but I think that it needs to be nipped in the bud, so they say.

2. There is no such thing as a "religious revolutionary." I do not pretend to be carrying on a religious struggle. I am a political revolutionary.
  3. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    27 May '09 00:042 edits
    1. My attitude towards non-Muslims is in no way intolerant.
    http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/quran/cruelty/long.html

Do you endorse the Koran's 500+ assertions about disbelievers, or are those parts of the Koran false?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 May '09 01:49
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I'm glad you [scherzo] are here; you awaken the complacent and reveal the dark truth about mainstream islamic attitudes.
    I live among Muslims with "mainstream islamic attitudes" and I don't think that they would consider scherzo 'one of them' at all. It is unfortunate that you ascribe the "dark truths" you feel you are discovering from interaction with scherzo to millions upon millions of moderate Muslims. Your brush is extremely wide. And the 'scherzo's significance section' your terms of reference is extremely narrow.
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    27 May '09 15:14
    Because I'm a non-sub, I get ads when I do this site. It's ok, but it's sometimes aggravating.

Like this one that I just saw that was all about "Visit Israel and see your Christian Heritage."

Now, this site apparently has some sketchy sources of funding. (*free speech, mods; don't delete that comment*) Any site that advertises Christianity to a Muslim ...[text shortened]... ny comments from the peanut gallery about this outrageous abuse of religious imperialism?
    there will always be subs and non-subs-otherwise we would be on a different planet. thanks scherzo for raising some interesting points. probably more like 65% want to kill you-hee hee
  6. At the Revolution
    Moves
    28 May '09 00:19
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/quran/cruelty/long.html

Do you endorse the Koran's 500+ assertions about disbelievers, or are those parts of the Koran false?
    Most of them, yes.
  7. At the Revolution
    Moves
    28 May '09 00:20
    Originally posted by FMF
    I live among Muslims with "mainstream islamic attitudes" and I don't think that they would consider scherzo 'one of them' at all. It is unfortunate that you ascribe the "dark truths" you feel you are discovering from interaction with scherzo to millions upon millions of moderate Muslims. Your brush is extremely wide. And the 'scherzo's significance section' your terms of reference is extremely narrow.
    Thank you ... 😞
  8. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    28 May '09 00:48
    Most of them, yes.
    Then you are a very bad person.
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    28 May '09 01:33
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    Then you are a very bad person.
    however bad you may think scerzo is don't you think in a spirituality forum we should be offering up more constructive criticisms?
    or are we about to go back down that road of good and bad that has blinded the masses for so long?
  10. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    28 May '09 04:46
    Maybe if Mr. Muslim would pony up and chip in a couple bucks to subscribe, RHP wouldn't have to turn to the Christians for help.
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    28 May '09 04:50
    Originally posted by sumydid
    Maybe if Mr. Muslim would pony up and chip in a couple bucks to subscribe, RHP wouldn't have to turn to the Christians for help.
    you don't know scherzo's financial circumstances, maybe he needs it for food . Surely we should be working towards a free society or do you insist on everybody paying?
  12. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    28 May '09 05:01
    Scherzo stepped up and took a stand against where RHP seeks its money. Therefore Scherzo should be prepared to defend the argument. Your point is valid, but the same could be said for RHP. Perhaps in order to subsist, RHP is forced to garner resources from Christian groups.
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    28 May '09 05:04
    Scherzo stepped up and took a stand against where RHP seeks its money. Therefore Scherzo should be prepared to defend the argument. Your point is valid, but the same could be said for RHP. Perhaps in order to subsist, RHP is forced to garner resources from Christian groups.
    yep, i know what you mean. Like when i was in hospital there was a sign that said we appreciate the money from ads but don't necessarily endorse their content
  14. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    28 May '09 05:20
    As a Christian I still don't know how to react to the aggressively pro-Atheist ads displayed on city buses. I want to get mad, but, I can't... what's fair is fair I guess.
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    28 May '09 05:23
    As a Christian I still don't know how to react to the aggressively pro-Atheist ads displayed on city buses. I want to get mad, but, I can't... what's fair is fair I guess.
    can you give me an example of a pro-aethiest ad , i just don't know what your on about

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree