1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Dec '10 17:22
    Originally posted by John W Booth
    You want to pull out of Afghanistan because you want to pay less taxes and because your jonesing to criticize Obama for pulling out, while robbie wants to pull out because he has pacifist principles. You ain't on no high road, dude.
    What I object to is a nation that is destroying itself with debt as well as statists who apparently feel that they have an obligation to dictate their will, not just to the 50 states over which they proside, but also to the rest of the world.
  2. Joined
    09 Oct '10
    Moves
    14 Dec '10 23:522 edits
    Originally posted by whodey
    What I object to is a nation that is destroying itself with debt as well as statists who apparently feel that they have an obligation to dictate their will, not just to the 50 states over which they proside, but also to the rest of the world.
    You prove my point. At Debates you constantly smear people you disagree with as supporters of Al Qaeda, genocide, Stalin, Statism, Hitler, the Holocaust (or perhaps deniers of teh Holocaust). Do you think your paranoid rants amount to some kind of "principle" that trumps the philosophy of pacifism? You are a hypocrite with a shabby shallow partisan axe to grind.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 Dec '10 04:551 edit
    You prove my point. At Debates you constantly smear people you disagree with as supporters of Al Qaeda, genocide, Stalin, Statism, Hitler, the Holocaust (or perhaps deniers of teh Holocaust). Do you think your paranoid rants amount to some kind of "principle" that trumps the philosophy of pacifism? You are a hypocrite with a shabby shallow partisan axe to grind.
    My comment to robbie was that if it were not for people who chose to fight Nazism, who would have stopped the Holocaust? It was a fair question. How is that smearing anyone? In addition, how is statism smearing anyone? The term is designated to those who seek to empower government to solve all our problems. If that is smearing them so be it. It is you who are smearing me by calling me a hypocrite FMF....er....um....John.
  4. Joined
    09 Oct '10
    Moves
    15 Dec '10 05:15
    My comment to robbie was that if it were not for people who chose to fight Nazism, who would have stopped the Holocaust?
    Non-pacifists would stop the Holocaust, whodey. Presumably you would have coinscientious objectors murdered by judicial/"statist" fiat. But your anti-Obama, anti-tax "conscientous" objection to the U.S. war against the Taliban of course is "principled".

And you're so so desparately sincere about your anti-Obama-anti-tax "principles" that you have your ever-ready Nazi Cards and Al-Qaeda Cards and Statist Cards and Pro-Genicide Cards to heap upon dissenters. People on Debates have been smeared endlessly - 'criticizing Israel makes you a Nazi' - 'agreeing with social democracy makes you want to turn the U.S. into the U.S.S.R.' etc. etc. etc. ad nauseam.

So tell us more about how you reckon robbie - who happens to agree with you about leaving Afghanistan, but based on different principles - tell us how you reckon robbie might want to reopen Auschwitz. Why not insinuate that he wants to open all the concentration camps, not just Auschwitz as you did? Why not insinuate that he somehow endorses genocide and the Hollocaust? Go for it.
  5. Wat?
    Moves
    15 Dec '10 10:29
    You can all talk on about war, and the holocaust, Afghanistan and the likes at will.

What I can't believe nobody picked up on in the thread is that the original post remarked, "they are the little people." - please, what kind of comment is that?

If it refers to tramps or beggars, there is an old adage - "Tramps are kings of the road!", and it is true. Most have experienced pain, and angst and poverty, that no other has. They are far from being "little people". Or did the author write in the context that he is much bigger, and more important than they are?

Some kind of twisted judgemental system he carries, believe me! Judge unto others... etc etc??

So the 'little people' must be used for saying, "God bless you", to make his day?

What a load of godswallop. And, if I will, those who give to others, charitably, certainly do not advertise or write about it!

-m.
  6. Joined
    09 Oct '10
    Moves
    15 Dec '10 10:39
    Originally posted by mikelom
    What a load of godswallop. And, if I will, those who give to others, charitably, certainly do not advertise or write about it!
    Must be said, the OP did bring the Pharisees to mind.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 Dec '10 13:38

So tell us more about how you reckon robbie - who happens to agree with you about leaving Afghanistan, but based on different principles - tell us how you reckon robbie might want to reopen Auschwitz. Why not insinuate that he wants to open all the concentration camps, not just Auschwitz as you did? Why not insinuate that he somehow endorses genocide and the Hollocaust? Go for it.[/b]ue
    My only point here is that there are evil human being who would institute genocidal killings. So the question begs, who is gonna stop them?

I liken being a soldier much the same as being a police officer. One maintains law and order on the domestic level and the other on an international level. We all know police officers who go "bad" just as there are soldiers who do the same. However, to sit back and blindly judge all them in one swoop of the pen just because they may at times, kill people, or are associated with the government is nonsensical to me.

Again, this is all I was trying to say. It was not an attmept to smear robbie, rather, it was an attempt to get him to think a llittle and throw away his pre-judgemental JW theology.
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 Dec '10 13:421 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    why are you asking me? am i more righteous than God, if not why are you asking me to put myself in a position which supposes I am as righteous as God?
    So I asked you if God flooding the world was justified and you respond by saying that you don't know?

According to the Bible, God was forced into destroying the world because of the wickedness of men. I take this on faith. I don't believe it was his desire to do so, rather, it was done out of love for those who would have never been had he not done it.

Lilkewise, there are those in the world that require similar dealings. It is not a desirable thing, rather it is a necessary thing.

All I would ask if that you not judge men and women who decide to serve in the military the way you refuse to sit in judgement of the Almighty.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Dec '10 13:51
    My only point here is that there are evil human being who would institute genocidal killings. So the question begs, who is gonna stop them?

I liken being a soldier much the same as being a police officer. One maintains law and order on the domestic level and the other on an international level. We all know police officers who go "bad" just as there are ...[text shortened]... t was an attempt to get him to think a llittle and throw away his pre-judgemental JW theology.
    i provided four scriptural references whodey, which you ignored, i did not author them, they are written in your Bible as well as mine, therefore your assertion that it is prejudice and JW theology is nonsense. I provided four historical references which you also ignored and instead tried to justify your position with a tenuous claim that simply because Christ healed the servant of a centurion that it somehow should be viewed as a pretext that a Christian could be a soldier. Any such references as pre judgement and clinging to an ideology that cannot be substantiated with scripture lie with you, not me, for i have substantiated my arguments, Biblically, not with references to twisted reasoning, and what if scenarios. Christ stated that you will know you are my disciples if you have love among yourselves, tell me how training persons to kill others persons, who may in themselves also claim to be Christian is loving Whodey?
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Dec '10 13:54
    So I asked you if God flooding the world was justified and you respond by saying that you don't know?

According to the Bible, God was forced into destroying the world because of the wickedness of men. I take this on faith. I don't believe it was his desire to do so, rather, it was done out of love for those who would have never been had he not done it. ...[text shortened]... en who decide to serve in the military the way you refuse to sit in judgement of the Almighty.
    i responded by telling you that i am not more righteous than God, and therefore i cannot put myself in a position of judging Gods action, the very thing that you are asking me to do. Now you yourself are making yourself out to be a God, an act of extreme self righteousness as you try to justify taking human life, something which it is neither fitting nor lawful for you to do.
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 Dec '10 16:371 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    i provided four scriptural references whodey, which you ignored, i did not author them, they are written in your Bible as well as mine, therefore your assertion that it is prejudice and JW theology is nonsense. I provided four historical references which you also ignored and instead tried to justify your position with a tenuous claim that simply beca ...[text shortened]... rsons to kill others persons, who may in themselves also claim to be Christian is loving Whodey?
    I did address the scriptures you gave. I stated how I thought you were misinterpreting them.

As for your belief system, I have no intention of changing it just like you have no power over my own, however, at least perhaps we have a little better understanding of our positions.

As far as your position, I am curious, where do you draw the line in terms of Christians being restricted from job titles. Do the JW's restrict its members ONLY from being a lawmaker and soldiers or does it apply to judges and civil servants and police officers etc?
  12. Joined
    09 Oct '10
    Moves
    15 Dec '10 23:551 edit
    As for your belief system, I have no intention of changing it
    One post, this page: whodey "[the Nazi Card I played] was not an attmept to smear robbie, rather, it was an attempt to get him to think a llittle and throw away his pre-judgemental JW theology."

Two posts later, also this page: whodey "As for [robbie's] belief system, I have no intention of changing it.."

So a little sprinkling mentions of Auschwitz and 'Holocaust-supporter' barbs serve no actual purpose in whodeyworld except as content for posts that don't even know what they want to achieve.
  13. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    16 Dec '10 01:34
    Originally posted by mikelom
    You can all talk on about war, and the holocaust, Afghanistan and the likes at will.

What I can't believe nobody picked up on in the thread is that the original post remarked, "they are the little people." - please, what kind of comment is that?

If it refers to tramps or beggars, there is an old adage - "Tramps are kings of the road!", and it is true. ...[text shortened]... who give to others, charitably, certainly do not advertise or write about it!

-m.
    By "little people" I mean the humble, meek, and lowly. The kind that trust God for their daily fare. The Kind of people that followed Jesus into the hills.

If you weren't so biased you would have picked up on that from what I said.

But instead, like the good little elitist that you are, you didn't read the post. You just picked out a few buzz words and replied according to the kind of person you are.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Dec '10 01:42
    I did address the scriptures you gave. I stated how I thought you were misinterpreting them.

As for your belief system, I have no intention of changing it just like you have no power over my own, however, at least perhaps we have a little better understanding of our positions.

As far as your position, I am curious, where do you draw the line in terms o ...[text shortened]... a lawmaker and soldiers or does it apply to judges and civil servants and police officers etc?
    i have no idea where your prejudices have arisen from, it may be of interest for you to note, that the second president of the watchtower society (a legal corporation consisting of members of Jehovah witness for the sole purpose of legally establishing the printing and distribution of Biblical literature) was a judge, Rutherford was his name. Now you would think that a legal corporation would need lawyers, and many of our brothers are lawyers. Many of our brothers work in government agencies, from town planning to cutting the grass.

The title of the occupation has practically no relevance, its the nature of the occupation that we are concerned with, thus, having a biblical view of the sanctity of life, it would be unlikely that we would take a job that involved extreme danger, taking the biblical view of the sanctity of life, its unlikely that we could, in good conscience carry a firearm, taking the biblical view of the sanctity of life, its out of the question that we could kill another human being.
  15. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    16 Dec '10 01:44
    Hey robbie. I just want to say I'm sorry for being so mean the other day.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree