An Old Earth History of Satan

An Old Earth History of Satan

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
28 Sep 13

Originally posted by RJHinds
If we can eliminate the possibility that the earth is billions or millions of years old, doesn't that put a stop to the evilution idea?

The Instructor
I agree with Kelly, so what if the evolutionist was stopped? There would always be something else.
You are on a quest to counter evolution. Why not just ignore them?

Look, if you were in a race, a tight race, and the audience had some people mocking you or telling you something to distract you, don't you know that if you stop to argue with them, you lose the race? Everyone else has passed you by, and you are still here arguing some point that no longer matters.
This is one of Satan's oldest tricks to get your eye off the goal.
Just love God and continue to seek him with your whole heart.
Who cares what about evolution? Do you seek their approval?
Unbelievers are like the walking dead. Why listen to dead people?

Eph 2:1-3

2 And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, 2 in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience,
NKJV

See? I told you they were dead. Preach the word!

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
28 Sep 13
3 edits

Originally posted by checkbaiter
I agree with Kelly, so what if the evolutionist was stopped? There would always be something else.
You are on a quest to counter evolution. Why not just ignore them?

Look, if you were in a race, a tight race, and the audience had some people mocking you or telling you something to distract you, don't you know that if you stop to argue with them, you ...[text shortened]... ow works in the sons of disobedience,
NKJV

See? I told you they were dead. Preach the word!
The evilution lie is the biggest lie used by Satan today to deceive people to believe the Holy Bible is false and not inspired by God. If all of us just ignore this fact and don't try to counter it with the truth, then I believe we are not standing up for the truth of scripture and teaching others to do likewise. I do not expect everyone to concentrate on the evilution lie as I have, but someone needs to do it.

We are told that the body of Christ has many members to perform various tasks just like any body. I have been inspired to take up the evilution lie to fight against, at this time, in our spiritual warfare aganist Satan. You may be inspired to do something else as a member of the body of Christ.

If the evilution lie is stopped and defeated, then that is one less weapon that Satan can use against the Christian faith.

The Instructor

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
29 Sep 13

The evilution lie is the biggest lie used by Satan today to deceive people to believe the Holy Bible is false and not inspired by God. If all of us just ignore this fact and don't try to counter it with the truth, then I believe we are not standing up for the truth of scripture and teaching others to do likewise. I do not expect everyone to concentrate on ...[text shortened]... , then that is one less weapon that Satan can use against the Christian faith.

The Instructor
Well, if you believe this is what God has called you to do, then by all means, continue. Just be sure through prayer and His word that this is his calling for you.
Be certain this is a desire He has placed in your heart..

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
29 Sep 13
2 edits

Originally posted by KellyJay
It is a worthless argument in my opinion, I don't care if the universe
is billions or thousands of years old, neither changes that God created
it all and rules it, and that Jesus died for my sins, and rose from the
dead. It is like debating when the rapture is going to occur, or will occur,
or if it already happened, if you are not ready when you die, or when it
occurs it does not matters.
Kelly
KellyJay,

Tell me honestly. Do you think Satan's history is made more exposed by the presentation I have made here or by the YEC YouTube video and RJHind's teaching ?

Which presentation to you think unveils the enemy of the Christian church to make him more naked, exposed, and stripes the secrecy away from his history, tactics, and motives ?

Which presentation to you think reveals more of the purpose of the creation of man ?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
29 Sep 13
3 edits

RJHinds,

The evilution lie is the biggest lie used by Satan today to deceive people to believe the Holy Bible is false

Do you believe that the two concepts are absolutely synonymous - an old earth and the process of evolution ?

I mean if an unspecified beginning to the universe is proposed you automatically see red flashing signs " Danger - Evolution, Evolution, Evolution !! " ?

Or is it that an unspecified beginning of the universe leaves too much room for evolution theories ?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
29 Sep 13

Originally posted by sonship
KellyJay,

Tell me honestly. Do you think Satan's history is made more exposed by the presentation I have made here or by the YEC YouTube video and RJHind's teaching ?

Which presentation to you think unveils the enemy of the Christian church to make him more naked, exposed, and stripes the secrecy away from his history, tactics, and motives ?

Which presentation to you think reveals more of the purpose of the creation of man ?
I would say your presentation, Know your enemy.
Eph 6:11-13
Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. 13 Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
NKJV

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
29 Sep 13

RJHinds,

The evilution lie is the biggest lie used by Satan today to deceive people to believe the Holy Bible is false

Do you believe that the two concepts are absolutely synonymous - an old earth and the process of evolution ?

I mean if an unspecified beginning to the universe is proposed you automatically see red flashing sig ...[text shortened]... s it that an unspecified beginning of the universe leaves too much room for evolution theories ?
Evilution requires an old earth. I can't say that an old earth also requires evilution.

The Instructor

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
30 Sep 13

Evilution requires an old earth. I can't say that an old earth also requires evilution.

The Instructor
fortunately you will soon be in an old grave.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
30 Sep 13

Originally posted by sonhouse
fortunately you will soon be in an old grave.
You might be in one before me, you old fart.

The Instructor

j

Dublin Ireland

Moves
30 Sep 13

You might be in one before me, you old fart.

The Instructor
If according to you God was always there and all powerful,
why is the earth only about 4000 years old according to you?

Was there no God before 4000 years ago?

Is it not more reasonable to assume that the earth has indeed
been here for longer than 4000 years and there is no God.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Sep 13

Originally posted by checkbaiter
I would say your presentation, Know your enemy.
Eph 6:11-13
Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly plac ...[text shortened]... of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
NKJV
That is right. We need to know the enemies strategies and we need the corporate oneness. To be kept in disunity is also his tactic to divide the Body to avoid execution.

This oneness is not mainly on agreeing on every point of doctrine. Rather it is instead on being joined to the life of Christ within - holding fast the living Head.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Sep 13
4 edits

The Instructor
I think you are correct. Big time does not insist on an evolutionary gradualism.

Another question then. You do object to accomodation. That is fearing Christians are capitulating to science theories. That is they are like "giving up" or "throwing in the towel" to appease modern science theories.

Let me ask you - is it wrong to go back to the Bible to carefully examine what it actually says, under the influence of modern theories ?

Are we arguing for tradition for its own sake? Are we arguing for conservative attitudes ? Or are we careful to present what is written in Scripture ?

What is wrong with having to go back to the Bible and re-examine exactly WHAT was written ? Is such re-examination with care automatically capitulation to modern science theories ?

As long as we are true to what is written, where is the danger ?

Do you believe that the earth moves or that the earth is immovable RJHinds ? The word of God says that God set the earth so that it could not be moved -

Psalm 104:5 - "He [God] established the earth upon its foundations, So that it cannot be moved forever and ever."

Go back some 900 years. Let's say good faithful Christian brothers take Psalm 104:5 to indicate that the earth simply stands completely still and all other astronomical bodies revolve around it. This is what Ptolemy believed and mind you, had rigorous mathematics to "prove" it. The earth doesn't move.

But science through Copernicus advanced. And it was discovered that maybe the earth as a planet does move. In relation to the sun it certainly moves - revolving around the sun.

Now, if when science provides this information about an earth that is not completely unmovable, is it capitulation if some brothers go back to the word of God to consider the fullest possible picture of what was written, to see what it really says about this ? This is what the Bereans did and were called "noble".

Would you say they are just accommodating to modern theories, harmonizing with science in a cowardly way, throwing in the old towel and capitulating to modern science ?

Basically, I am asking which we should stand for - what the Bible says or the conservative attitude ?

I think as long as we are careful to teach what is actually written in Scripture, having faith that it is the inspired word of God, we should not feel ashamed to have to go back and carefully re-examine exactly what was it that God told us.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
30 Sep 13

I think you are correct. Big time does not insist on an evolutionary gradualism.

Another question then. You do object to accomodation. That is fearing Christians are capitulating to science theories. That is they are like "giving up" or "throwing in the towel" to appease modern science theories.

Let me ask you - is it wrong to go [b]back
to th ...[text shortened]... ashamed to have to go back and carefully re-examine exactly what was it that God told us.[/b]
Now the Berean Jews were of more noble character than those in Thessalonica, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true.

(Acts 17:11 NIV)

Men has told us many things that the scriptures do not say, such as Jesus was crucified on Friday. So like the Berean Jews, we should also examine the scriptures to see if what men say agrees with scripture. However, we should not add to or subtract from scripture to make scripture agree with men.

I an simply arguing that we be careful to present what is written in Scripture. The danger of ad-libbing is that we may lead others astray. The scriptures are written so that we must examine "here a little and there a little" to get better understanding.

I agree with you that our initial understanding may not always be correct, but I do not agree that just because men come up with new theories that we should make great efforts to re-interpret scripture to agree with all modern theories. Man's theories have a tendency to change.

I am not saying we should ignore proven scientific facts in our interpretation of scripture. We must realize that scripture is often written in poetic form and is not all meant to be taken as scientific facts. However, we must also realize we should not try to change Christian theology based on what is believed to be scientific facts.

The Instructor

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Sep 13
1 edit

Men has told us many things that the scriptures do not say, such as Jesus was crucified on Friday. So like the Berean Jews, we should also examine the scriptures to see if what men say agrees with scripture. However, we should not add to or subtract from scripture to make scripture agree with men.

That's right. We should not make scripture say more than they say.
And we should not make scripture say less than they say.

I an simply arguing that we be careful to present what is written in Scripture.

Agreed. And sometimes we need to look carefully into the Hebrew or Greek language to look carefully at what was actually written.

The danger of ad-libbing is that we may lead others astray.

Since I do not accept that I have done any "ad-libbing" but rather careful comparison concerning what is written, this caution must be directed towards someone else.

The scriptures are written so that we must examine "here a little and there a little" to get better understanding.

This I often remind readers. Though Genesis has a lot in it about creation, it by no means is the only part of the Bible speaking on that subject.

Look how many passages there are on creation in the earliest book of the Bible Job. And other places weigh in on the subject.

Yes, we should get the fullest picture by weighing in on these passages, and that without the charge of "ad-libbing" if it does not apply.

I agree with you that our initial understanding may not always be correct, but I do not agree that just because men come up with new theories that we should make great efforts to re-interpret scripture to agree with all modern theories. Man's theories have a tendency to change.

We have to be careful that we are standing faithfully for the Scripture and not merely some "traditional flavor" for its own sake.

I am not saying we should ignore proven scientific facts in our interpretation of scripture. We must realize that scripture is often written in poetic form and is not all meant to be taken as scientific facts. However, we must also realize we should not try to change Christian theology based on what is believed to be scientific facts.

Since none of us was there to witness the early things of creation - facts give way to best theories.

We have two books. The book of God's revelation and the book of nature. The former we take on trust and on faith that God has told us the truth. All the facts must be known to God. The latter we take by man's best theories. And they will change as more and more knowledge accumulates.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
30 Sep 13

That's right. We s ...[text shortened]... ter we take by man's best theories. And they will change as more and more knowledge accumulates.
Okay. Then that is fine, if it is true that there is no ad-libbing. It just appeared that way to me.

The Instructor