1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Jun '12 07:41
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Perhaps you think this a clever way to help people understand what you believe and why you believe it. Do you know what you believe and why?
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    09 Jun '12 07:561 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Perhaps you think this a clever way to help people understand what you believe and why you believe it. Do you know what you believe and why?
    Yes. I use these links to videos to back up my beliefs. Some people have a better way of putting it than I do. I like the humor too.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    09 Jun '12 08:42
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Do you have diffculty explaining your beliefs to people, or are you simply content to emulate what other people think?
    Proof that the Earth is not 6,000 years old
    YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=5CgXfkEGxE0&NR=1
  4. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    09 Jun '12 10:122 edits
    I see no problem with this Gap Fact and the young earth creationists ideas that the earth, as we know it being prepared for life, was made that way a little over 6,ooo years ago. All the plants and animals and mankind were also created a little over 6,ooo years ago. So the Gap Fact is acceptable, because it does not really change any of the core beliefs of ...[text shortened]... en he gets carried away with speculations. So I must reject that interpretation as being false.
    The Interval of time is completely unspecified. No one knows how long a time elapsed. We certianly don't know from the Bible.

And objections you have, if you wish, you may be specific about. But don't link me to anything. In your own words, if you wish, you may spell out your specific objections. Perhaps I can answer them.

I request theat you just refer to your Bible interpretation objections.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Jun '12 10:16
    Originally posted by jaywill
    The Interval of time is completely unspecified. No one knows how long a time elapsed. We certianly don't know from the Bible.

And objections you have, if you wish, you may be [b]specific
    about. But don't link me to anything. In your own words, if you wish, you may spell out your specific objections. Perhaps I can answer them.

I request theat you just refer to your Bible interpretation objections. [/b]
    our stance has always been that the length of creative days is unspecified, we know
    this because the apostle Paul makes reference in Hebrews to entering into Gods rest,
    some thousands of years after God desisted from creating, the implication being that
    Gods rest day was still ongoing in Paul's time and ours.
  6. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    09 Jun '12 10:381 edit
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NK-Nvs8CFI

The music score on the second one was good.
  7. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    09 Jun '12 10:501 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    our stance has always been that the length of creative days is unspecified, we know
    this because the apostle Paul makes reference in Hebrews to entering into Gods rest,
    some thousands of years after God desisted from creating, the implication being that
    Gods rest day was still ongoing in Paul's time and ours.
    our stance has always been that the length of creative days is unspecified, we know this because the apostle Paul makes reference in Hebrews to entering into Gods rest, some thousands of years after God desisted from creating, the implication being that Gods rest day was still ongoing in Paul's time and ours.

I may come back to this.

I first would like to see RJH's biblical problems with a very ancient planet earth.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    09 Jun '12 10:56

And objections you have, if you wish, you may be [b]specific
    about. But don't link me to anything. In your own words, if you wish, you may spell out your specific objections. Perhaps I can answer them.

I request theat you just refer to your Bible interpretation objections. [/b]
    What interval of time are you talking about that is unspecified? There are many intervals of time that are specified all the way down to the Crucifixion of day of Christ.
  9. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    09 Jun '12 15:301 edit
    What interval of time are you talking about that is unspecified? There are many intervals of time that are specified all the way down to the Crucifixion of day of Christ.
    The Gap interpretation states an unspecified interval between the time God created the heavens and the earth in the beginning and the start of the seven days of Genesis 1.

Unspecified interval of time between Genesis 1:1 and Genesis 1:2.

An unknown duration of time. Conceivably thousands. Conceivably millions or more. That is a GAP of unspecified time between verse 1 and verse 2. At present that is what I am persuaded of.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    09 Jun '12 15:58

The music score on the second one was good.
    Is that all you got from that video, the music?
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    09 Jun '12 16:05
    The Gap interpretation states an unspecified interval between the time God created the heavens and the earth in the beginning and the start of the seven days of Genesis 1.

Unspecified interval of time between [b]Genesis 1:1
    and Genesis 1:2.

An unknown duration of time. Conceivably thousands. Conceivably millions or more. That is a GAP of unspecified time between verse 1 and verse 2. At present that is what I am persuaded of.[/b]
    Okay, I can go along with that. But I do not see how that should effect my YEC view that the Earth has only been prepared for life for a little over 6,000 years ago and that life has only been on the Earth a little over 6,000 years ago.
    Am I missing something?
  12. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    09 Jun '12 16:081 edit
    Is that all you got from that video, the music?
    No. Just being a little light in mood.

I listened to the points. But there have been a couple of videos and I lose tract sometimes.

It seems to me that one you posted was atypical for a YEC. Perhaps you were trying to show that your views are nuanced.

That one about the old mountains in Quebec was an Old Earth persuasion. I was surprised that you posted it. Was it a mistake ?

YouTube
  13. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    09 Jun '12 16:121 edit
    RJH, what I would like you to do is for the moment put aside moon dust, radiometric dating, Grand Canyon, the speed of light, starlight, the salt in the ocean, etc. etc.

Just give me your BIBLICAL reasoning that Young Earth is the way to interpret the Bible.

Just your biblical logic is what I seek right now.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    09 Jun '12 16:53
    RJH, what I would like you to do is for the moment put aside moon dust, radiometric dating, Grand Canyon, the speed of light, starlight, the salt in the ocean, etc. etc.

Just give me your BIBLICAL reasoning that Young Earth is the way to interpret the Bible.

Just your biblical logic is what I seek right now.
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    I read it like this:

God creates the heavens and the formless earth covered by water.
    God hovers over the waters for an indeterminate time.
    God creates light and separates it from darkness. Only now does Day 1 begin.

The 6 days of Gen 2 refer to completion of the work started at the creation of light. They don't specify how long any events before that took.

This is my reply:

You are reading it wrong. Let's look at it again.

Thus the heavens and the earth were completed, and all their hosts. By the seventh day God completed His work which He had done, and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had done.

Genesis 2:1-2 NASB)

In the beginning of God's work He created the heavens and the Earth. (Genesis 1:1) Notice that Genesis 2:1-2 refers back to this work of creation in which it includes the heavens and the Earth. It states that by the seventh day God had completed all His work, so he just rested that final day.

So from Genesis 2 we know that the creation of the heavens and the Earth and light was all on the first day, because everything, including the Earth was completed by the beginning of the seventh day. There is no statement that there was any long time period between the creation of the heavens and the earth and light. It is all said to have happened in one day. Genesis 2 forbids any other interpretation.

Everything, including the Earth, was created (or made) in six days and God rested on the seventh day.

Check out my whole thread called:

Proof God Created The Earth In One Day

I can except that there might have been a period, before the counting of the first day, that all the atoms and and material used to make the earth, sun, moon, and stars were created. Then the six days would be explaining specifically what was formed and created from these materials on each of those days.

I have already explained how God has proved those days were actually 24 hour days as we understand a day to be today, somewhere within the last week; but I will not go into that now, in order to keep this post from being too long.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Jun '12 19:03
    Yes. I use these links to videos to back up my beliefs. Some people have a better way of putting it than I do. I like the humor too.
    Why is 6000 years time critical to you?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree