And Equal Time for the Gap Theory

And Equal Time for the Gap Theory

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

j

Moves
13 Jun 12
4 edits

Originally posted by RJHinds
I can't say.
I can't say.

Praise the Lord Christ - our Savior and Elder Brother, the Lord.

Do you think it was a matter of days ?

According to your understanding -
Lucifer is content in Heaven and no earth exists.
Lucifer is the royal anointed cherub in Eden the garden of God in Heaven.
Then in six days God makes heaven and earth and creates man on day 6.

Soon after man is created on the sixth day God says that iniquity is found in the anointed Cherub - "You were perfect in your ways from the day you were created, until unrighteousness was found in you." (Ezek 28:15)

One third of God's angels are deceived and join in this unrighteousness born in the heart of Lucifer. This is the greatest war of all conceivable wars. Here is a finite but powerful creature who has the audacity to fight against God Almighty Himself ! He deceives one third of other wise and powerful angels to follow him. God says:

"So I cast you out as profane from the mountain of God, and destroyed you, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire. Your heart was lifted up because of your beauty ... (That is after God created this creature from the dust of the ground). Being jealous over man Satan appears in the garden as a serpent to deceive Adam and Eve.

Just use your imagination. I know we are not told the time length. I'll accept it as just your estimate, your guess.

From the sixth day when man is created to the day Satan appears in the garden to lie to Eve, how long do you think that could have been ?

Hours ? Days ? Months ? Years ? Eons ?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
13 Jun 12

Originally posted by jaywill
I can't say.

Then in six days God makes heaven and ea ...[text shortened]... how long do you think that could have been ?

Does not really matter does it? We were not told how long, we only know the
events occured according to scripture.
Kelly

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
13 Jun 12
4 edits

I can't say.

Then in six days God makes heaven and ea how long do you think that could have been ?

Again the word of the Lord came to me saying, “Son of man, take up a lamentation over the king of Tyre and say to him, ‘Thus says the Lord God,

“You had the seal of perfection,
Full of wisdom and perfect in beauty.
You were in Eden, the garden of God;
Every precious stone was your covering:
The ruby, the topaz and the diamond;
The beryl, the onyx and the jasper;
The lapis lazuli, the turquoise and the emerald;
And the gold, the workmanship of your settings and sockets,
Was in you.
On the day that you were created
They were prepared.
You were the anointed cherub who covers,
And I placed you there.
You were on the holy mountain of God;
You walked in the midst of the stones of fire.
You were blameless in your ways
From the day you were created
Until unrighteousness was found in you.
By the abundance of your trade
You were internally filled with violence,
And you sinned;
Therefore I have cast you as profane
From the mountain of God.
And I have destroyed you, O covering cherub,
From the midst of the stones of fire.
Your heart was lifted up because of your beauty;
You corrupted your wisdom by reason of your splendor.
I cast you to the ground;
I put you before kings,
That they may see you.
By the multitude of your iniquities,
In the unrighteousness of your trade
You profaned your sanctuaries.
Therefore I have brought fire from the midst of you;
It has consumed you,
And I have turned you to ashes on the earth
In the eyes of all who see you.
All who know you among the peoples
Are appalled at you;
You have become terrified
And you will cease to be forever.”’”

(Ezekiel 28:11-19 NKJV)

Biblical scholars consider Ezekiel a prophet of God and this prophecy pertains to the King of Tyre who has been possessed by Lucifer (Satan). This is because it refers to more than the actual human King of Tyre. Since it is an apparent dual prophecy concerning both a human and the possessing prince or king of demons, it may not be completely fulfilled yet, as is true with those pertaining to Christ.

j

Moves
13 Jun 12
1 edit

Again the word of the Lord came to me saying, “Son of man, take up a lamentation over the king of Tyre and say to him, ‘Thus says the Lord God,

“You had the seal of perfection,
Full of wisdom and perfect in beauty.
You were in Eden, the garden of God;
Every precious stone was your covering:
The ruby, the topaz and the diamond;
The beryl, the onyx an ...[text shortened]... demons, it may not be completely fulfilled yet, as is true with those pertaining to Christ.
[/b]
Biblical scholars consider Ezekiel a prophet of God and this prophecy pertains to the King of Tyre who has been possessed by Lucifer (Satan). This is because it refers to more than the actual human King of Tyre. Since it is an apparent dual prophecy concerning both a human and the possessing prince or king of demons, it may not be completely fulfilled yet, as is true with those pertaining to Christ.

If you recall, I did write above that some of the aspects of the prophecy may refer to the Antichrist. And the Antichrist has not appeared yet.

Do you mean that one third of the angels were deceived by Satan after the temptation of Eve in the garden ?

Do you mean that Lucifer's appearance in the garden is BEFORE he becomes Satan ?

Do you mean that the serpent's lying to Eve is before God "cast [him] out as profane from the mountain of God, and destroyed [him], from the midst of the stones of fire ..." ?

Do you mean that AFTER God pronounces judgment on the serpent in Genesis 3:14 that one third of the angels of God are gullible enough to decide to follow Satan's rebellion then ?

j

Moves
13 Jun 12
3 edits

Originally posted by KellyJay
Does not really matter does it? We were not told how long, we only know the
events occured according to scripture.
Kelly
Does not really matter does it? We were not told how long, we only know the events occured according to scripture.
Kelly

You have a point, in that the length of time this evil fermentation took to develop with Satan, we are not told.

But because the length of time it took for such a being to go from perfect in wisdom to Satan is not given, is no reason to assume a pre-adamic earth and age could not exist.

And that is the thrust of RJH's argument. To say "It really doesn't matter" is one thing. To say "It really doesn't matter so the universe is only 6,000 years old" is another thing.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
13 Jun 12

Does not really matter does it? We were not told how long, we only know the events occured according to scripture.
Kelly

You have a point, in that the length of [b]time
this evil fermentation took to develop with Satan, we are not told.

But because the length of time it took for such a being to go from perfect ...[text shortened]... say "It really doesn't matter so the universe is only 6,000 years old" is another thing.[/b]
I don't spend to much time thinking about Satan, I like dwelling on Jesus
instead. Satan as far as I'm concern is in the way, but he is no more than a
speed bump that will have his time then he will be toast forever.
Kelly

j

Moves
13 Jun 12
1 edit

Originally posted by KellyJay
I don't spend to much time thinking about Satan, I like dwelling on Jesus
instead. Satan as far as I'm concern is in the way, but he is no more than a
speed bump that will have his time then he will be toast forever.
Kelly
I don't spend to much time thinking about Satan, I like dwelling on Jesus instead. Satan as far as I'm concern is in the way, but he is no more than a speed bump that will have his time then he will be toast forever.
Kelly

That's a good way to think. And I don't discourage it. I encourage it.
Do you think I should just drop discussing this ?

You see some of this is relevant to WHY man was created in the first place. And that is something our enemy does not want us to know.

Man was created in God's image to exercise dominion. And one of the things man was created to exercise dominion over was that creeping thing who is Devil.

Satan's attack on man was a preemptive attack. In man is God's co-executioner to put down the ancient foe. Adam should not have tolerated the serpent even in the garden. Adam was to guard it.

Psalm 8 shows that man, even the little ones, was created with this in mind - that is to still the avenger. That avenger was the old foe of God whose history went back prior to man's creation.

"Out of the mouths of babes and sucklings You have established strength Because of Your advasaries, TO STOP THE ENEMY AND THE AVENGER." (Psalm 8:2)

In this Psalm on the creation of the heavens and earth and man, we see God's plan that man cooperate with God to STOP the avenger and cut off the "advasaries" .

I don't like to dwell on Satan either. But he needs to be stripped naked and exposed. He does not want that. But God wants that for the spiritual warfare of His people.

It is part of God's eternal purpose that Satan be crushed under the feet of His people.

"Now the God of peace will crush Satan under your feet shortly. The grace of our Lord Jesus be with you." (Romans 16:20)

You see? The church still has this mandate to stop the avenger Satan, to stop the advasaries of God through being filled with Christ, one with Christ, being the corporate Christ.

j

Moves
13 Jun 12

KellyJ, I would like to submit this contributory ministry on Christ to your point.

Copied without permission from The Glorious Church by Watchman Nee:

http://www.ministrybooks.org/books.cfm?id=3A51D1

Why did God create man? What was His purpose in creating man?

God has given us the answer to these questions in Genesis 1:26 and 27. These two verses are of great significance. They reveal to us that God's creation of man was indeed an exceedingly special one. Before God created man, He said, "Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth." This was God's plan in creating man. "God said, Let us..." This speaks of the kind of man God wanted. In other words, God was designing a "model" for the man He was to create. Verse 27 reveals God's creation of man: "So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them." Verse 28 says, "God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth."

From these verses we see the man that God desired. God desired a ruling man, a man who would rule upon this earth; then He would be satisfied.

How did God create man? He created man in His own image. God wanted a man like Himself. It is very evident then that man's position in God's creation is entirely unique, for among all of God's creatures man alone was created in God's image. The man that God's heart was set upon was completely different from all other created beings; he was a man in His own image.

We notice here something quite remarkable. Verse 26 says, "Let us make man in our image, after our likeness..."; but verse 27 says, "So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them." In verse 26 the pronoun "our" is plural, but in verse 27 "his" is singular. During the conference of the Godhead, verse 26 says, "Let us make man in our image"; therefore, according to grammar, verse 27 should say, "So God created man in their own image." But strangely, verse 27 says, "So God created man in his own image." How can we explain this? It is because there are three in the Godhead—the Father, the Son, and the Spirit, yet only one has the image in the Godhead—the Son. When the Godhead was designing man's creation, the Bible indicates that man would be made in "our" image (since They are one, "our image" was mentioned); but when the Godhead was in the actual process of making man, the Bible says that man was made in "his" image. "His" denotes the Son. From this we ascertain that Adam was made in the image of the Lord Jesus. Adam did not precede the Lord Jesus; the Lord Jesus preceded him. When God created Adam, He created him in the image of the Lord Jesus. It is for this reason it says "in his image" rather than "in their image."

God's purpose is to gain a group of people who are like His Son. When we read Romans 8:29 we find God's purpose: "Because those whom He foreknew, He also predestinated to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the Firstborn among many brothers." God desires to have many sons, and God desires all these sons to be like that one Son of His. Then His Son will no more be the only Begotten, but the Firstborn among many brethren. God's desire is to gain such a group of people. If we see this, we will realize the preciousness of man, and we will rejoice whenever man is mentioned. How God values man! Even He Himself became a man! God's plan is to gain man. When man is gained by God, God's plan is accomplished.

j

Moves
13 Jun 12
1 edit

A little continuation from The Glorious Church above, by W. Nee.

Two words in Genesis are very meaningful. One is "subdue" in Genesis 1:28, which can also be translated "conquer." The other is "keep" in Genesis 2:15, which can also be translated "guard." We see from these verses that God ordained man to conquer and guard the earth. God's original intention was to give the earth to man as a place to dwell. It was not His intention that the earth would become desolate (Isa. 45:18). God desired, through man, to not allow Satan to intrude upon the earth, but the problem was that Satan was on earth and intended to do a work of destruction upon it. Therefore, God wanted man to restore the earth from Satan's hand.

Another matter we need to note is that God required man, strictly speaking, not only to take back the earth, but also the heaven which is related to the earth. In the Scripture there is a difference between "heavens" and "heaven." The "heavens" are where the throne of God is found, where God can exercise His authority, while "heaven" in the Scriptures sometimes refers to the heaven which is related to the earth. It is this heaven which God also wants to recover (see Rev. 12:7-10).

Some may ask: Why doesn't God Himself cast Satan into the bottomless pit or the lake of fire? Our answer is: God can do it, but He does not want to do it Himself. We do not know why He will not do it Himself, but we do know how He is going to do it. God wants to use man to deal with His enemy, and He created man for this purpose. God wants the creature to deal with the creature. He wants His creature man to deal with His fallen creature Satan in order to bring the earth back to God. The man whom He created is being used by Him for this purpose.
[my emphasis - jw]

Let us read Genesis 1:26 again: "And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth..." It seems that the sentence is finished here, but another phrase is added: "...and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth." Here we see that the creeping things occupy a very great position, for God spoke of it after He finished mentioning "all the earth." The implication is that in order for man to have dominion over all the earth, the creeping things must not be overlooked, for God's enemy is embodied in the creeping things. The serpent in Genesis 3 and the scorpions in Luke 10 are creeping things. Not only is there the serpent, representing Satan, but also scorpions, representing the sinful and unclean evil spirits. The domain of both the serpent and the scorpion is this earth. The problem is on the earth.

Therefore, we must distinguish the difference between the work of saving souls and the work of God. Many times the work of saving souls is not necessarily the work of God. Saving souls solves the problem of man, but the work of God requires that man exercise authority to have dominion over all things created by Him. God needs an authority in His creation, and He has chosen man to be that authority. If we were here just for ourselves as mere men, then all our seeking and longing would be to love the Lord more and to be more holy, more zealous, and save more souls. All of these pursuits are good indeed, but they are too man-centered. These things are concerned simply with the benefit of man; God's work and God's need are entirely neglected. We must see that God has His need. We are on this earth not merely for man's need but even more for God's need.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
13 Jun 12

I don't spend to much time thinking about Satan, I like dwelling on Jesus instead. Satan as far as I'm concern is in the way, but he is no more than a speed bump that will have his time then he will be toast forever.
Kelly

That's a good way to think. And I don't discourage it. I encourage it.
Do you think I should just drop di ...[text shortened]... through being filled with Christ, one with Christ, being the corporate Christ.
Just ponder what you or anyone else is going to get out of it, if there is some
good by all means go forward, if there isn't any good, then stop. I should do
that with all my posts, LOL.
Kelly

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
13 Jun 12
2 edits

[quote] Biblical scholars consider Ezekiel a prophet of God and this prophecy pertains to the King of Tyre who has been possessed by Lucifer (Satan). This is because it refers to more than the actual human King of Tyre. Since it is an apparent dual prophecy concerning both a human and the possessing prince or king of demons, it may not be completely fulfille f the angels of God are gullible enough to decide to follow Satan's rebellion [b]then ?[/b]
Do you mean that one third of the angels were deceived by Satan after the temptation of Eve in the garden ?

Yes.

Do you mean that Lucifer's appearance in the garden is BEFORE he becomes Satan ?

I think Lucifer's appearance in the Garden of Eden by entering the serpent (dragon, dinosaur) was his first act in defiance of God's will. This resulted in God cursing that animal to loose his legs and crawl on his belly.

Do you mean that the serpent's lying to Eve is before God "cast [him] out as profane from the mountain of God, and destroyed [him], from the midst of the stones of fire ..." ?

Yes, it should be obvious that Satan has not been destroyed, from John's vision in the book of Revelation.

Do you mean that AFTER God pronounces judgment on the serpent in Genesis 3:14 that one third of the angels of God are gullible enough to decide to follow Satan's rebellion then ?

Yes, because Lucifer (Satan) convinced them that God was a liar, since Adam and Eve did not die in 24 hours.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
13 Jun 12

Kelly

You have a point, in that the length of [b]time
this evil fermentation took to develop with Satan, we are not told.

But because the length of time it took for such a being to go from perfect ...[text shortened]... say "It really doesn't matter so the universe is only 6,000 years old" is another thing.[/b]
Don't you remember to assume makes an ass out of u and me?

j

Moves
13 Jun 12
1 edit

[b]Yes.

I think Lucifer's appearance in the Garden of Eden by entering the serpent (dragon, dinosaur) was his first act in defiance of God's will. This r tan) convinced them that God was a liar, since Adam and Eve did not die in 24 hours.[/b]
Praise the Lord Jesus. There is a Hallelujah in us because of His victory.

Well, I want to start with your last comment first. You wrote -

Yes, because Lucifer (Satan) convinced them that God was a liar, since Adam and Eve did not die in 24 hours.

Remember now, you told me that you thought I was "just making things up". Now, I ask you. Do you have Bible passage telling us that this 24 hour thing was the specific lie told by Satan to deceive the angels ?

If you do not, then I might well say that you are "just making things up." I try to accompany all my understandings with a passage or two.

Just to let you know that as you are trying to piece together the puzzle, so am I. I am not doing something that you yourself are not doing. Remember that next time you want to say "I think you are just making things up."

Yes.

I think that the deception of the angels had long before been carried out. I may not be able to prove it. But I have evidence of it.

The evil angels are called in Ephesians 6:12 says that our wrestling is "against rulers [plural], against authorities [plural], against world rulers [plural] of this darkness, against spiritual forces of evil in the heavenlies." These plural rulers and authroities are part of the hierarchy of "the authority of the air" (Eph. 2:2)

The point is that we have good reason to believe that these evil spiritual beings were already gathered and in the air during the six days of Genesis chapter 1. Here is why:

On every day God made a pronouncement that what He has arranged "was good" The one exception is on the day He forms the firmament of the airy atmosphere above.

Day #1 "God saw that the light was good" (v.4)

Day #2 Silence concerning the expanse of the firmament of above. (See vs.6-8)

Day #3 "... and God saw that it was good" (v. 12)

Day #4 " ... and God saw that it was good" (v. 18)

Day #5 " ... and God saw that it was good" (v. 21)

Day #6 " ... and God saw that it was good" (v.25)

Day #6 (?) " ... and indeed, it was very good" (v.31)

As you can see for yourself on every day except the second day, God pronounced the arrangement good. The pronouncement is conspicuously absent on the second day. And this was the day that God "made an expanse" delineating the atmosphere above, the airy firmament.

The reason that God withheld that pronouncement of good, I believe, is because Satan and his evil fallen angels were hovering around already. Perhaps they were looking glumbly over the world that had once been their kingdom curious about what the Great Creator was now doing.

It had been judged and had become without form and void - waste and empty. I think therefore that when Satan spoke through the serpent, his legions were already amassed, yet powerless before man's fall, but gathered together.

I do not accept that Satan is ALONE in his plot in the serpent. The powerless yet potentially enfluencial rulers were watching from the air as their leader sought to personally arrest the new world away from this new creature man.

I think Lucifer's appearance in the Garden of Eden by entering the serpent (dragon, dinosaur) was his first act in defiance of God's will. This resulted in God cursing that animal to loose his legs and crawl on his belly.

I do not think that this lie of Satan is the first sin he committed.

What he speaks suggests thorough knowledge of death. He seems familiar with what will happen if a creature withdraws from obeying God. He speaks as one having previous experience. He speaks as one who has previously witnessed the result of rebellion against God. This wisdom though is corrupted and mixed with a tempting lie:

"And the serpent said to the woman, You shall not surely die! For God knows that in the day you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will become like God, knowing good and evil." (Genesis 3:4,5)

Rather than Satan's FIRST transgression, I think Satan is speaking from extensive previous knowledge of rebellion, competition with God, and even DEATH. Previously he had sought to exalt his throne above God's Previously he had sought to become like the Most High.

And rather than approach Eve in a glorious state which he should have retained if he had not yet been judged, he came subtly as a serpent. I believe his glory had long since been stripped away along with his legitimate authority and priesthood as the anointed cherub, as the glorious Daystar.

Yes, it should be obvious that Satan has not been destroyed, from John's vision in the book of Revelation.

The "destroyed" there I take to mean the destruction of his high, holy, glorious position. His rank and previous status had all been destroyed. In that since annhilation is not meant by the prophet.

It was the destruction meaning loss of well being rather than the loss of being.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
13 Jun 12
1 edit

Praise the Lord Jesus. There is a Hallelujah in us because of His victory.

Well, I want to start with your last comment first. You wrote -

Remember now, you told me that you thought I was "just making things eaning loss of well being rather than the loss of being.
I would like us to come to an agreement on the demons before getting too deep into other subjects. I think the old King's James Version makes demon possession easier to understand and that a demon, devil, and unclean spirit is speaking of the same thing. IT IS NOT SPEAKING OF THE SOUL OR SPIRIT OF A DEAD HUMAN FOR THE SPIRIT RETURNS TO GOD WHEN THE BODY DIES.

When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none.
(Matthew 12:43 KJV)

When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest; and finding none, he saith, I will return unto my house whence I came out.
(Luke 11:24 KJV)

The above simply means the unclean spirit (demon) is unable to find a suitable place (house, body) for him to enter and possess as a dwelling place so he decides to return to the house (place, body) that he was cast out. The Old Testament refers to the dead as dry bones and this could be what Christ is referring to, since a dead body becomes dried up and is not suitable for the demon to possess.

This is what had happened before Christ made that statement, according to Matthew:

Then was brought unto him one possessed with a devil, blind, and dumb: and he healed him, insomuch that the blind and dumb both spake and saw. And all the people were amazed, and said, Is not this the son of David? But when the Pharisees heard it, they said, This fellow doth not cast out devils, but by Beelzebub the prince of the devils.

And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand: And if Satan cast out Satan, he is divided against himself; how shall then his kingdom stand?
(Matthew 12:22-26 KJV)

And according to Luke:

And he was casting out a devil, and it was dumb. And it came to pass, when the devil was gone out, the dumb spake; and the people wondered. But some of them said, He casteth out devils through Beelzebub the chief of the devils. And others, tempting him, sought of him a sign from heaven.

But he, knowing their thoughts, said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and a house divided against a house falleth. If Satan also be divided against himself, how shall his kingdom stand? because ye say that I cast out devils through Beelzebub. And if I by Beelzebub cast out devils, by whom do your sons cast them out? therefore shall they be your judges. But if I with the finger of God cast out devils, no doubt the kingdom of God is come upon you.
(Luke 11:14-20 KJV)

See Christ identifies the casting out of devils (unclean spirits) by Beelzebub, the chief of the devils, as the same as Satan casting out Satan. These unclean spirits, familiar spirits, devils, demons,or whaterever name is given to them are not the spirits of dead humans, which return to God at the death of the body. They are the fallen spirit beings who followed Satan into sinning against God. DO YOU AGREE?

j

Moves
14 Jun 12
2 edits

[b]I would like us to come to an agreement on the demons before getting too deep into other subjects. I think the old King's James Version makes demon possession easier to understand and that a demon, devil, and unclean spirit is speaking of the same thing. IT IS NOT SPEAKING OF THE SOUL OR SPIRIT OF A DEAD HUMAN FOR THE SPIRIT RETURNS TO GOD WHEN THE BODY ...[text shortened]... ey are the fallen spirit beings who followed Satan into sinning against God. DO YOU AGREE?[/b]
I would like us to come to an agreement on the demons before getting too deep into other subjects. I think the old King's James Version makes demon possession easier to understand and that a demon, devil, and unclean spirit is speaking of the same thing. IT IS NOT SPEAKING OF THE SOUL OR SPIRIT OF A DEAD HUMAN FOR THE SPIRIT RETURNS TO GOD WHEN THE BODY DIES.

This is now the SECOND time that I write to you that I NEVER said that demons are the souls or spirits of dead human beings.

Perhaps you didn't get this the first time. Emphatically, I NEVER said demons were disembodied human beings.

Now, perhaps you are arguing with ancient Greek mythology. The ancient Greeks DID teach that DEMONS were the souls of long dead individuals from some hero race. This thought was probably passed on to them as a lie from the demons themselves.

Before I continue, could you acknowledge this SECOND indication that I hold no such concept as demons being HUMAN in ANY conceivable way ?