And Equal Time for the Gap Theory

And Equal Time for the Gap Theory

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
16 Jun 12
2 edits

Originally posted by jaywill
You misunderstand the logic. The final point in logic is derived from the previous points.

Whenever you paraphrase the Holy Bible, and supply a word which is not in the text, it is better to use brackets, like this [paraphrase]. Then you should have done this:
[quote]
[b]"Then He will say also to those on the left, Go away from Me, y the killing.

cont. below
[/b]I did not need to bracket the word "demon" for I told you ahead of time what I was doing. Just before I quoted the verse, I said, "Satan is ruler of the demons. So we could easily replace the angels in the following verse with demons." That was not being misleading, if you had taken your head out of your arse.

In your simplified logic probem, I had to add one more piece of the puzzle, which you conveniently ignored. I repeat,

2.) Satan the devil has angels

“Then He will also say to those on the left hand, ‘Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels:
(Matthew 25:41 NKJV)

I could have added other points, like Satan was a demon also, since He is ruler of the demons and he also possesses and enters into bodies to control and deceive them. This is proven by the fact that the King of Tyre was possessed by Satan, Satan entered Judas to deceive him into betraying Christ, and Satan is referred to a the ruler of demons. Christ even likens casting out demons as casting out Satan. Since Satan the devil (demon) is also a fallen angel, who enters into humans to torment and deceive them, he is definitely a demon. Satan's angels are demons, who will have their part in the lake of fire and brimstone prepared for Satan the ruler of demons.

I will stop here to eat my breakfast and let you get over your initial hatred for me, before we continue.

God bless you, brother.
HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord!

j

Moves
16 Jun 12

Originally posted by RJHinds
I did not need to bracket the word "demon" for I told you ahead of time what I was doing. Just before I quoted the verse, I said, "Satan is ruler of the demons. So we could easily replace the angels in the following verse with demons." That was not being misleading, if you had taken your head out of your arse.

In your simplified logic probem, ...[text shortened]... red for me, before we continue.

God bless you, brother.
HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord![/b]
I did not need to bracket the word "demon" for I told you ahead of time what I was doing. Just before I quoted the verse, I said, "Satan is ruler of the demons. So we could easily replace the angels in the following verse with demons." That was not being misleading, if you had taken your head out of your arse.

Hallelujah. "Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth as is fitting for saints." Amen.

Yes Satan is the ruler of the demons. Now if you want to jump from that that demons are fallen angels, you go ahead and make that leap. I won't though.

In your simplified logic probem, I had to add one more piece of the puzzle, which you conveniently ignored. I repeat,

2.) Satan the devil has angels

True.

“Then He will also say to those on the left hand, ‘Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels:
(Matthew 25:41 NKJV)

Yes. He has angels.
Yes, the eternal fire is prepared for the devil and his angels.

I could have added other points, like Satan was a demon also,

You are being loose with a word that is used more precisely in the Bible.
We are talking about the text of the Bible not casual common vernacular talk.

Sure, I undersand you when you say "Satan was a demon".
I understand if you said "Adolf Hitler was a demon".

But I think we should talk in terms of the text of Scripture. Do you have a passage plainly and clearly calling Satan DAIMON ? If not, then let's forget that line of argument.

since He is ruler of the demons and he also possesses and enters into bodies to control and deceive them.

I agree that we have scipture saying the Satan did the same thing as what some demons did.

If you want to leap from that to "Angels are demons and demons are angels" you go ahead. I will not follow you in that kind of assumption. The distinctions are too meaningful to me in the Bible.

You go ahead and make those leaps in logic is you wish.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
16 Jun 12
4 edits

You misunderstand the logic. The final point in logic is derived from the previous points.

Whenever you paraphrase the Holy Bible, and supply a word which is not in the text, it is better to use brackets, like this [paraphrase]. Then you should have done this:
[quote]
[b]"Then He will say also to those on the left, Go away from Me, y the killing.

cont. below
[/b]I finished my breakfast and will continue responding to your post.

You said, "And I stil point out that with the exception of the New Living Translation paraphrased which certain shares your opinion of what Matthew 25:41 should be understood to mean, Greek text has daimonia there in that passage."

You said in an earlier post that "daimonia" means "demons" and the phrase [ho diabolis], means the Devil. How do you now believe "daimonia" in Matthew 25:41 should be translated into English?

You said that my argument is weak. My arguement is that Satan the devil and his angels are all evil spirits and therefore, they are all demons. When Christ calls the spirit unclean, He is referring to the impure, foul, sinful, evil, lewd, and demonic nature of the spirit, according to the definition of the Greek word translated "unclean". (See Strong's Concordance for one reference). So any of those words could have been used instead of unclean. If Christ was trying to say that the Spirit was unclean of filth and dirt a better Greek word is available for that. In this case Christ was not referring to how filthy or dirty the spirit was, but to how sinful and evil the spirit was. I think instead of translating the Greek as "unclean spirit", they should have translted it "demonic spirit" because it was referring to demons.

Show me your logic problem that proves demons are not Satan's angels if you have such a strong argument. Also do you have a link to a website that explains your exact belief?

Remember, these demons are worried that Christ is going to send them into the "abyss" which refers to the "bottomless pit" known as "Hell". They ask Christ if He has come to torment them before their time. This implies that they know that they have a place reserved for them in which they will be tormented just like is stated for Satan and his angels. However, that verse does not say the eternal fire of torment is for Satan and his angels and demons. Could that be because Satan's angels are also the demons, just like Satan is a demon, being the ruler of the demons?

When I say unclean or evil spirit, I am not referring to to two different types of spirits. I refer to both as the same demonic spirit. I think this is the way spirit nor angel is used in Acts 23:8-9 for they both refer to the same being.

To understand the meaning of the vision of the 4 angels and the armies of 200 million horses, you need to go back to at least the beginnig of Chapter 9. To prevent this post getting too long, I will continue this on my next post.

j

Moves
16 Jun 12
3 edits

I finished my breakfast and will continue responding to your post.

You said, "And I stil point out that with the exception of the New Living Translation paraphrased which certain shares your opinion of what Matthew 25:41 should be understood to mean, Greek text has daimonia there in that passage."

You said in an earlier post that "daimonia" means " prevent this post getting too long, I will continue this on my next post.[/b]
You said in an earlier post that "daimonia" means "demons" and the phrase [ho diabolis], means the Devil. How do you now believe "daimonia" in Matthew 25:41 should be translated into English?

Copied From Study Bible Tools - Greek Interlinear
http://www.biblestudytools.com/interlinear-bible/passage.aspx?q=Matthew+25%3A41+&t=kjv

41Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed , into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

Tovte {ADV} ejrei'{V-FAI-3S} kai; {CONJ} toi'? {T-DPM} ejx eujwnuvmwn, {A-GPM} Poreuvesqe{V-PNM-2P} ajpj {PREP} ejmou' {P-1GS} ?oiJ? {T-NPM} kathramevnoi{V-RPP-NPM} eij? {PREP} to; {T-ASN} pu'r {N-ASN} to; {T-ASN} aijwvnion {A-ASN} to; {T-ASN} hJtoimasmevnon{V-RPP-ASN} tw'/ {T-DSM} diabovlw/ {A-DSM} kai; {CONJ} toi'? {T-DPM} ajggevloi? {N-DPM} aujtou': {P-GSM}

As you can see DIABOVLW is Devil and AIGGEVLOW AUJTOU is his angels.

j

Moves
16 Jun 12
2 edits

Same Tools Website. New American Standard Bible on Matthew 25:41

41"Then He will also say to those on His left, ' Depart from Me, accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels ;

Tovte {ADV} ejrei'{V-FAI-3S} kai; {CONJ} toi'? {T-DPM} ejx eujwnuvmwn, {A-GPM} Poreuvesqe{V-PNM-2P} ajpj {PREP} ejmou' {P-1GS} ?oiJ? {T-NPM} kathramevnoi{V-RPP-NPM} eij? {PREP} to; {T-ASN} pu'r {N-ASN} to; {T-ASN} aijwvnion {A-ASN} to; {T-ASN} hJtoimasmevnon{V-RPP-ASN} tw'/ {T-DSM} diabovlw/ {A-DSM} kai; {CONJ} toi'? {T-DPM} ajggevloi? {N-DPM} aujtou': {P-GSM}

... tw diablovlw kai toi aiggevloi aujtou
the devil and his angels

j

Moves
16 Jun 12
4 edits

I finished my breakfast and will continue responding to your post.

You said in an earlier post that "daimonia" means " prevent this post getting too long, I will continue this on my next post.[/b]
The Greek text [DOES NOT] have daimonia there in that passage of Matthew 25:41

I have not yet found any ancient copy that does. I'm looking.

j

Moves
16 Jun 12
1 edit

Concerning Matthew 25:41 here is a collection of manuscripts in Geek and Latin. This was copied from. The greek letters seem to transliterate over to English. I have no greek fonts on my PC yet.

http://www.greeknewtestament.com/B40C025.htm

Stephens 1550 Textus Receptus
tote erei kai toiV ex euwnumwn poreuesqe ap emou oi kathramenoi eiV to pur to aiwnion to htoimasmenon tw diabolw kai toiV aggeloiV autou

Scrivener 1894 Textus Receptus
tote erei kai toiV ex euwnumwn poreuesqe ap emou oi kathramenoi eiV to pur to aiwnion to htoimasmenon tw diabolw kai toiV aggeloiV autou

Byzantine Majority

Alexandrian
tote erei kai toiV ex euwnumwn poreuesqe ap emou [oi] kathramenoi eiV to pur to aiwnion to htoimasmenon tw diabolw kai toiV aggeloiV autou

Hort and Westcott
tote erei kai toiV ex euwnumwn poreuesqe ap emou kathramenoi eiV to pur to aiwnion to htoimasmenon tw diabolw kai toiV aggeloiV autou

Latin Vulgate
25:41 tunc dicet et his qui a sinistris erunt discedite a me maledicti in ignem aeternum qui paratus est diabolo et angelis eius

King James Version
25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

American Standard Version
25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into the eternal fire which is prepared for the devil and his angels:

Bible in Basic English
25:41 Then will he say to those on the left, Go from me, you cursed ones, into the eternal fire which is ready for the Evil One and his angels:

Darby's English Translation
25:41 Then shall he say also to those on the left, Go from me, cursed, into eternal fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

Douay Rheims
25:41 Then he shall say to them also that shall be on his left hand: Depart from me, you cursed, into everlasting fire which was prepared for the devil and his angels.

Noah Webster Bible
25:41 Then will he say also to them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

Weymouth New Testament
25:41 'Then will He say to those at His left, ''Begone from me, with the curse resting upon you, into the Fire of the Ages, which has been prepared for the Devil and his angels.

World English Bible
25:41 Then will he say also to them on the left hand, 'Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire which is prepared for the devil and his angels;

Young's Literal Translation
25:41 Then shall he say also to those on the left hand, Go ye from me, the cursed, to the fire, the age-during, that hath been prepared for the Devil and his messengers;

As you can see demons was never used in any of these manuscripts or English versions.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
16 Jun 12
5 edits

Last post continued:

To understand the meaning of the vision of the 4 angels and the armies of 200 million horses, you need to go back to at least the beginnig of Chapter 9.

Here, one of God's angels sounds the fifth trumpet judgement for those on the Earth. Another angel opens the bottomless pit of the abyss with a key that has been given to him. Then out pours smoke and locust-like demonic angels, with faces like men, and prepared like horses for battle. They are allowed to possess and torment all men, on Earth, who do not have the seal of God, with stings like scorpions for 5 months. The leader of the demonic angels out of the abyss is called by the name "Destroyer" in English. This judgement is an act of mercy on God's part to allow unbelieving humans to be tormented for 5 months in an effort to bring them to repentence of their sins.

Then another one of God's angels sounds the sixth trumpet judgement and releases 4 of satan's leading demonic angels that have been bound at the Euphrates River, so they could lead a 200 million army made of demonic evil spirits to kill a third of mankind. This is what Revelation 9:15-16 is talking about. But we see even then there are those that do not repent.

But the rest of mankind, who were not killed by these plagues, did not repent of the works of their hands, that they should not worship demons, and idols of gold, silver, brass, stone, and wood, which can neither see nor hear nor walk. And they did not repent of their murders or their sorceries or their sexual immorality or their thefts.
(Revelation 9:20-21 NKJV)

Note that "the rest of mankind" is still referring to those unbelieving humans without the seal of God.

P.S. The distinction between the 4 bound demonic angels and those 200 million is that the 4 demonic angels are the leaders of a 200 million army of demons.

j

Moves
16 Jun 12
8 edits

Last post continued:

To understand the meaning of the vision of the 4 angels and the armies of 200 million horses, you need to go back to at least the beginnig of Chapter 9.

Here, one of God's angels sounds the fifth trumpet judgement for those on the Earth. Another angel opens the bottomless pit of the abyss with a key that has been given to him. The 00 million is that the 4 demonic angels are the leaders of a 200 million army of demons.

Going back to the beginning of the chapter is not really necessary. I think my point still holds. But if you wish let's go back to the beginning of the chapter.

You will find some surprises, I think. But I don't think you're going to like these surprises.

Here, one of God's angels sounds the fifth trumpet judgement for those on the Earth. Another angel opens the bottomless pit of the abyss with a key that has been given to him.

The star that falls from heaven at the sounding of the fifth trumpet is Satan.

"And the fifth angel trumpeted, and I saw a star out of heaven fallen to the earth, and to him was given the key of the pit of the abyss." (9:2a)

First one has to see that this star is a personage. For "to him was given the key ...". The star is some personage. Who is this personage ?

Could it be ANY fallen angel ? It is Satan the one who in chapter 12 is cast out of heaven by Michael and his angels at the rapture of the manchild (Rev.12:7-9)

The vision of the star fallen in Revelation 9 corresponds to the vision of Satan being cast down in Revelation 12.

The vision of Satan being cast down in Revelation 12 is mostly about him and his angels being cast to the earth. The vision of him falling as a star and given the key to the abyss is mostly about him and demons and his Antichrist.

From above Satan falls with his angels to damage mankind.
From below Satan releases demons and Antichrist to damage mankind.
Therefore the two visions are two angles of the same thing. And that thing is Satan being cast down as a fallen star and commencing the great tribulation.

The "cast down" Satan of chapter 12 is the "fallen" star of chapter 9.

The fallen fellow angels come to cause trouble for man from above with Satan the archangel. And the demonic locusts cause trouble from below with the Antichrist of Satan.

Then out pours smoke and locust-like demonic angels, with faces like men, and prepared like horses for battle.

You understand them as angels. I understand them as demons.
The leader over them is the Antichrist who in chapter 9 is called by these two names - Abaddon (Hebrew) and Apollyon (Greek).

Abaddon and Apollyon are the Antichrist, the beast that also is seen coming up out of the sea in Revelation 13:

"And I saw a beast coming up out of the sea, ... having ten horns and seven heads, and on his horns ten diadems, and on his heads names of blasphemy." (13:1)

And this brings me to an important point. Some passages say that the beast comes up out of the abyss - (Rev. 9:11, 11:7; and 17:8). Ie

"The beast that you saw was and is not and is about to come up out of the abyss ..." (Rev. 17:8)

"And when they have completed their testimony, the beast who comes up out of the abyss will make war with them ..." (11:7)

On the other hand Revelation 13:1 says "a beast coming up out of the SEA". This establishes a connection between the abyss and the sea. The sea here in 13:1 is the Mediterranean Sea. And the sand of the sea upon which Satan stands to summon up the beast should be the shore of the Holy Land.

"And he (the dragon) stood on the sand of the sea" (Rev. 12:18)
And I saw a beast coming up out of the sea ..." (Rev. 13:1)

I do not know for certain the relationship of the sea to the abyss. Possibly the mouth to the abyss is in the sea. Perhaps the entrance into the abyss is somewhere in the sea. But you can now understand the demons having a relationship with the SEA and the ABYSS also.

To prove to you that Revelation 9's fifth trumpet is another angle of the same event spoken of in Revelation 12 would require more time and space than this one post. It has to do with the overall structure of the book of Revelation. But you have repetition of matters in this book. And often this repetition causes some misunderstanding of the chronology of events.

They are allowed to possess and torment all men, on Earth, who do not have the seal of God, with stings like scorpions for 5 months.

I understand you that you hold to your view that the demons are angels. I don't think I can change your mind. So as I read your posts, I will keep in mind that that is how you see it.

But you have to realize that when I write, I am writing from a different view. And I will continue to state the difference between demons and angels. No one has to "back down" on what they are persuaded of. We simply will just have to understand each other.

The leader of the demonic angels out of the abyss is called by the name "Destroyer" in English. This judgement is an act of mercy on God's part to allow unbelieving humans to be tormented for 5 months in an effort to bring them to repentence of their sins.

I have no problem with that. I certainly would rather avail of God's mercy beforehand. I don't wish to be here when this happens.

Then another one of God's angels sounds the sixth trumpet judgement and releases 4 of satan's leading demonic angels that have been bound at the Euphrates River, so they could lead a 200 million army made of demonic evil spirits to kill a third of mankind. This is what Revelation 9:15-16 is talking about. But we see even then there are those that do not repent.

I have no problem with most of this. The phrase "demonic angels" is somewhat your invention. Because you understand fallen angels as demons you employ this original phrase "demonic angels".

Of course there are many ways of discribing Satan's angels as terrible and bad. I can do so without the need to believing that the angels are demons. The two diffferent catagories of evil beings can be really bad without the need for me to make them synonymous.

But the rest of mankind, who were not killed by these plagues, did not repent of the works of their hands, that they should not worship demons, and idols of gold, silver, brass, stone, and wood, which can neither see nor hear nor walk. And they did not repent of their murders or their sorceries or their sexual immorality or their thefts.
(Revelation 9:20-21 NKJV)

May the Lord preserve us, keep us, empower us and guide us through these difficult times.

Note that "the rest of mankind" is still referring to those unbelieving humans without the seal of God.

P.S. The distinction between the 4 bound demonic angels and those 200 million is that the 4 demonic angels are the leaders of a 200 million army of demons.

I understand what you are saying.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
16 Jun 12
6 edits

The Greek text [DOES NOT] have daimonia there in that passage of [b]Matthew 25:41

I have not yet found any ancient copy that does. I'm looking.[/b]
That is what I thought. You were the one that said it did and you admit that was a mistake now, right?

By the way, "angel" can mean many things besides being a messenger from God. So if one translates that verse "the devil and his messengers" that would mean the devil has messengers the same as God does. These messengers of the devil transmit their messages many times by entering a person and possessing that person as Satan did with the King of Tyre and Judas that I mentioned before. There are other examples of Satan's "messenger demons" possessing people to get Satan's deceiving messages out to mankind.

j

Moves
16 Jun 12
1 edit

That is what I thought. You were the one that said it did and you admit that was a mistake now, right?

If I wrote that DIAMONIA appeared in the Greek in Matthew 25:41 that was my error. No problem.

Excuse me if I typoed or simply misspoke.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
16 Jun 12
5 edits

If I wrote that DIAMONIA appeared in the Greek in [b]Matthew 25:41
that was my error. No problem.

Excuse me if I typoed or simply misspoke.[/b]
Sure, no problem we all make mistakes. After all we are only human. Ha ha. Sometimes we seem to forget that.

Now getting back to the demon question, I believe the angel Lucifer became the first of the demons by entering and possesing control of the serpent dragon in the Garden of Eden to get his deceiving message out to Eve. He was unable to enter and possess Eve, so he chose the next best animal to get out his deceiving message and it worked.

From then own, he continued to deceive the other spirit beings in the spirit heaven into following him and becoming his messengers to other humans that had become more sinful and open to being possessed by a group of these spirits that we now call demons.

Do you see the connection in Satan the devil being the first of the demons and and ruler of the demons, who are his angels (messengers), that help Satan deceive humans by entering them to spread his messages, as if by a spirit guide?

P.S. This is why Christ relates casting out demons as like casting out Satan the devil. Also don't downplay the fact that when Christ referred to the demon or demons as "unclean" spirits he was referring to their sinful and evil character because that is what demons are.

Devil - The name commonly given to the fallen angels, who are also known as demons (see DEMONOLOGY). With the article (ho) it denotes Lucifer, their chief, as in Matthew 25:41, "the Devil and his angels".

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/04764a.htm

j

Moves
16 Jun 12
1 edit

Sure, no problem we all make mistakes. After all we are only human. Ha ha. Sometimes we seem to forget that.

Now getting back to the demon question, I believe the angel Lucifer became the first of the demons by entering and possesing control of the serpent dragon in the Garden of Eden to get his deceiving message out to Eve. He was unable to enter and n Matthew 25:41, "the Devil and his angels".

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/04764a.htm
P.S. This is why Christ relates casting out demons as like casting out Satan the devil. Also don't downplay the fact that when Christ referred to the demon or demons as "unclean" spirits he was referring to their sinful and evil character because that is what demons are.

I don't see how understanding demons and Satan's angels as two different kinds of beings makes either of them less serious a problem.

You seem to have this recurring theme that only by making demons and fallen angels synonymous is the problem of either seen in all of its seriousness.

Making them synonymous does not erase some underplaying of the totally depraved character of either.

I understand your post.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
16 Jun 12

I don't see how understanding demons and Satan's angels as two diff ...[text shortened]... ome underplaying of the totally depraved character of either.

I understand your post.
Well, why must you understand demons and Satan's angels as two different kinds of beings?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
17 Jun 12

Going back to the beginning of the chapter is not really necessary. I think my point still holds. But if you wish let's go back to the beginning of the chapter.

You will find some ...[text shortened]... demons.[/quote]

I understand what you are saying.
In response to my interpretation of Revelation 9:1-2 below

"Here, one of God's angels sounds the fifth trumpet judgement for those on the Earth. Another angel opens the bottomless pit of the abyss with a key that has been given to him."

You write the following:

The star that falls from heaven at the sounding of the fifth trumpet is Satan.

"And the fifth angel trumpeted, and I saw a star out of heaven fallen to the earth, and to him was given the key of the pit of the abyss." (9:2a)

First one has to see that this star is a personage. For "to him was given the key ...". The star is some personage. Who is this personage ?

Could it be ANY fallen angel ? It is Satan the one who in chapter 12 is cast out of heaven by Michael and his angels at the rapture of the manchild (Rev.12:7-9)

The vision of the star fallen in Revelation 9 corresponds to the vision of Satan being cast down in Revelation 12.

The vision of Satan being cast down in Revelation 12 is mostly about him and his angels being cast to the earth. The vision of him falling as a star and given the key to the abyss is mostly about him and demons and his Antichrist.

From above Satan falls with his angels to damage mankind.
From below Satan releases demons and Antichrist to damage mankind.
Therefore the two visions are two angles of the same thing. And that thing is Satan being cast down as a fallen star and commencing the great tribulation.

The "cast down" Satan of chapter 12 is the "fallen" star of chapter 9.

I say that the angel given the key to the bottomless pit of the abyss is another one of God's angels and not a fallen angel, like Satan. For we see in Revelation 20 Satan being locked up by one of God's angels having this same key.

Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven, having the key to the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand. He laid hold of the dragon, that serpent of old, who is the Devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years; and he cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal on him, so that he should deceive the nations no more till the thousand years were finished. But after these things he must be released for a little while.

(Revelation 20:1-3 NKJV)