1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Jun '13 20:53
    Originally posted by josephw
    Col.16,17
    For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether [they be] thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
    And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

You are correct robbie. No verse states that Christ is a part of cr ...[text shortened]... hat is because Jesus is the creator.

It's a no brainer. Unless you read from a corrupt text.
    That I think is a mistake Joseph. If we over react and say that Christ is not part of creation then we are in danger of saying no incarnation took place.

God became a man. And man is an item of God's creation. "God created man ..."

He is the Creator and He is also part of the Creator's creation for the Word became flesh.

Am I right ?
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    30 Jun '13 21:01
    Originally posted by sonship
    That I think is a mistake Joseph. If we over react and say that Christ is not part of creation then we are in danger of saying no incarnation took place.

God became a man. And man is an item of God's creation. [b]"God created man ..."

He is the Creator and He is also part of the Creator's creation for the Word became flesh.

Am I right ?[/b]
    Off the cuff? I think it a mistake to think that because God put on flesh that He is a created being.

Phil. 2:7
    But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Jun '13 21:01
    this thread is not about Jehovah witnesses it is your chance to provide reasons why these verses are in harmony with the idea of a triune God for anyone with even a semblance of sense can see that they are not.

As long as you use terms like "Trinitarians" then you should not be bothered if some of use terms like "Jehovah's Witnesses".

...[text shortened]... r exegesis then you're a mistaken Jehovah's Witness. I think it is as simple as that.
    I suspect you do it because of the weakness of your arguments, after all, what else have you said?
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Jun '13 21:062 edits

God became a man. And man is an item of God's creation. [b]"God created man ..."

Am I right ?[/b]
    poor Joseph has no way of knowing what an accurate translation is and what is not , so like the majority of nominal Christians he simply takes it upon trust that what it written in English is actually what the Greek text says.

If we are to believe his words, then the context makes it clear that, Christ created himself?? (verse 16) that Chrsit is before God and that God was made to exist by means of Christ (verse 17)??? and that Christ too needs to be reconciled to God (verse 20) all pure and utter nonsense.

I suspect he cannot bring himself to cite verse 15, which says with reference to Christ, 'the first born of all creation', oh dear, he's not doing very well.
  5. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    30 Jun '13 21:18
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    how is it possible to be someone and be with them at the same time? do explain..
    How is it possible that a being can speak things into existence ? How can a being be all knowing? How can a being be omnipresent ? With God all things are possible....

Manny
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Jun '13 21:291 edit
    Originally posted by menace71
    How is it possible that a being can speak things into existence ? How can a being be all knowing? How can a being be omnipresent ? With God all things are possible....

Manny
    but that does not explain how its possible to be someone and to be with them at the same time, all it states is that's its allegedly possible, but i dont believe it. I have found no Biblical evidence that God is omnipresent either, i just dont believe in you dude, no disrespect, but you gotta keep real.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Jun '13 21:33
    Col.16,17
    For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether [they be] thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
    And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

You are correct robbie. No verse states that Christ is a part of cr ...[text shortened]... rrupt text. In fact your grammar is a reflection of the fact that you read from a corrupt text.
    Joseph we have already established you dont know anything about Biblical grammar and have no way of actually determining what an accurate translation is and what is not, you fool no one here, your arguments are sadly transparent and gimmicky, your just not real enough dude, no disrespect, but yo gotta keep it real.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Jun '13 21:371 edit
    how is it possible to be someone and be with them at the same time? do explain..

Robbie,

We don't know.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Jun '13 21:401 edit

Robbie,

We don't know.
    how about, its not possible and therefore the preconceptions that i have brought to the scriptures in order to find justification for cannot be explained by the verse.
  10. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    30 Jun '13 21:40

Manny
    There are a lot of what I would call apparent contradictions in scripture but upon further understanding and study many of these contradictions go away. Example of an apparent contradiction is Revelation 1 Jesus says He is the Alpha and Omega and (Jehovah) God the father calls himself The beginning and the End in the book of Isaiah. How can they both be the same title or claim the same title? either their both wrong or one of them is wrong and one is right OR their both right.....it's silly to be arguing about the nature of God and trying to fully comprehend an infinite being other than what God reveals about himself. God is not bound by time or space or even linear reasoning LOL

Manny
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Jun '13 21:42
    There are a lot of what I would call apparent contradictions in scripture but upon further understanding and study many of these contradictions go away. Example of an apparent contradiction is Revelation 1 Jesus says He is the Alpha and Omega and (Jehovah) God the father calls himself The beginning and the End in the book of Isaiah. How can they both be the ...[text shortened]... veals about himself. God is not bound by time or space or even linear reasoning LOL

Manny
    respect dude but i dunno if i can believe in that.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Jun '13 21:43
    Off the cuff? I think it a mistake to think that because God put on flesh that He is a created being.

Phil. 2:7
    But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
    The Word became flesh.

That has to mean the God became something that is a part of the creation of God. Unless we hold that "flesh" is eternal as God was.

So Christ is the Creator as well as the creature in that He became a man.
    Unless we hold that God did not create man in contradiction to Genesis 1:26,27 .

Which do you think I should believe:

1.) The Word did not become flesh ?

2.) Flesh is not something created by God the Creator ?

3.) Man is not something created by God the Creator ?
  13. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    30 Jun '13 21:441 edit
    Don't believe in me well I should hope that you don't believe in me LOL dude sometimes I wonder about your sanity......If God does not have all of the a attributes of being God then He ceases to be worthy of worship

Manny
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Jun '13 21:45
    why dont you start with the first verse, number one in my list,

1. (Deuteronomy 6:4, 5) Listen, O Israel: Jehovah our God is one Jehovah. And you must love Jehovah your God with all your heart and all your soul and all your vital force.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Jun '13 21:45
    Don't believe in me well I should hope that you don't believe in me LOL dude sometimes I wonder about your sanity......If God does not have all of the a tributes of being God then He ceases to be worthy of worship

Manny
    woa, thats deep dude, respect!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree