1. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    30 Jun '13 21:47
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    why dont you start with the first verse, number one in my list,

1. (Deuteronomy 6:4, 5) Listen, O Israel: Jehovah our God is one Jehovah. And you must love Jehovah your God with all your heart and all your soul and all your vital force.
    I believe that verse is true so........by the way DUDE you don't have to mock people or me God is one....meaning He's not a myriad of god's

Manny
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Jun '13 21:48
    how about, its not possible and therefore the preconceptions that i have brought to the scriptures in order to find justification for cannot be explained by the verse.

how about, its not possible and therefore the preconceptions that i have brought to the scriptures in order to find justification for cannot be explained by the verse.

I do not exactly understand your question here.

However, it is possible that there is in the very nature of God something that WE CANNOT EXPLAIN.

It is the case that human language is not able to break beyond its limitations in fully explaining something of the nature of God.

However, none of this forbids man from experiencing the truthfulness of the reality that the Word is/was with God and the Word is/was God.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Jun '13 21:511 edit
    Originally posted by menace71
    I believe that verse is true so........by the way DUDE you don't have to mock people or me God is one....meaning He's not a myriad of god's

Manny
    dude what's the the bad vibe, I have not mocked you, I just ask that you keep it real,

so how do you explain one singular god as the verse states in the context of the trinity?
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Jun '13 21:52
    Originally posted by sonship

I do not exactly understand your question here.

However, it is possible that there is in the very nature of God something that WE CANNOT EXPLAIN.

It is the cas ...[text shortened]... eriencing the truthfulness of the reality that the Word is/was with God and the Word is/was God.
    or it may not be possible to explain it scripturally because its extra biblical, respect dude!
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Jun '13 22:052 edits
    or it may not be possible to explain it scripturally because its extra biblical

The prophecy in Isaiah 9:6 says TWO often overlooked things.

1.) The first name of this Person is Wonderful.

2.) This Person is "unto us"

"For a child is born UNTO US ... And His name will be called WONDERFUL ..."

Being UNTO US this Person is FOR us, for the benefit of our experience, imparted TO us, and provided for our enjoyment.

Being also "Wonderful" He is not easy to explain.

How could God be in the womb of a woman for nine months involved in the process of human birth ? How can this be ? It is PELEG - "Wonderful".

This word PELEG "wonderful" is significantly used also in the following passage.

Psalm 139:6 - "O knowledge too wonderful for me! It is high; I cannot attain to it."

Such knowledge of how the Mighty God could be nine months in the womb of a human woman is "knowledge too high for me! I cannot attain to it."

Such knowledge of how the Son given is also the Eternal Father is "knowledge too high for me! I cannot attain to it."

Nevertheless, this mysterious Wonderful Person of the Triune God is "unto us". We can experience Him though we cannot fully comprehend Him.

Some of us enjoy this Wonderful One who is "unto us" without being able to boast that all that He is we can easily explain.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Jun '13 22:08
    or it may not be possible to explain it scripturally because its extra biblical

The prophecy in Isaiah 9:6 says TWO often overlooked things.

1.) The first name of this Person is [b]Wonderful

2.) This Person is "unto us"

"For a child is born UNTO US ... And His name will be called WONDERFUL ..."

Being [ ...[text shortened]... " [/b] without being able to boast that all that He is we can easily explain.[/b]
    sorry dude, did i not mention to keep it real?
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Jun '13 22:111 edit
    sorry dude, did i not mention to keep it real?
    The comment makes no sense to me.

Anyway - this Wonderful Person is unto us. And He is very real.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Jun '13 22:461 edit
    The comment makes no sense to me.

Anyway - this [b]Wonderful
    Person is unto us. And He is very real.[/b]
    i dunno how to say this dude without disrespecting you but that's junk yard dog crazee, the wackiest interpretation of Isaiah chapter nine i ever heard, you are talking about possession dude, being possessed by Jesus, its not a little bat crazee dude to be honest and a little creepy.
  9. Joined
    03 Sep '12
    Moves
    30 Jun '13 23:281 edit
    i dunno how to say this dude without disrespecting you but that's junk yard dog crazee, the wackiest interpretation of Isaiah chapter nine i ever heard, you are talking about possession dude, being possessed by Jesus, its not a little bat crazee dude to be honest and a little creepy.
    Edit
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Jun '13 23:451 edit
    Originally posted by kd2acz
    Edit
    I dont smoke, i dont take medication and i have not drank any alcohol, now lets keep it real. Surely even you think jaywills interpretation bat crazee?
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Jun '13 23:46
    Robbie, I think your style and demeanor are deteriorating lately.

Not sure why. But it is a little creepy.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Jun '13 23:481 edit
    Robbie, I think your style and demeanor are deteriorating lately.

Not sure why. But it is a little creepy.
    woa, you are the one that's talking about being possessed by Jesus dude, if anyone knows creepy dude, you da man!
  13. Joined
    03 Sep '12
    Moves
    30 Jun '13 23:54
    I dont smoke, i dont take medication and i have not drank any alcohol, now lets keep it real. Surely even you think jaywills interpretation bat crazee?
    I think your language skills have taken the less 'serious' route... if you will.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Jul '13 00:022 edits
    woa, you are the one that's talking about being possessed by Jesus dude, if anyone knows creepy dude, you da man!

So when Galatians says that "Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law ..." (Gal. 3:13) you don't think that that entails possession of the one redeemed by Christ ?
  15. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    01 Jul '13 00:32

So when Galatians says that [b]"Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law ..." (Gal. 3:13)
    you don't think that that entails possession of the one redeemed by Christ ?[/b]
    Not at all. It has nothing to do with what you are trying to say, whatever it means.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree