1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    02 Jul '13 17:31
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    No.

Born again of water means baptism and that is a physical ritual .. done by man.
    Born again of the spirit is the believer having the spirit of God in him .. this is done by Christ.

Both do not necessarily happen together if at all.

Immortality has nothing to do with being born again. They are two separate matters. Immortality is only granted after Christ returns.
    Romans 6:9

New International Version (NIV)

9 For we know that since Christ was raised from the dead, he cannot die again; death no longer has mastery over him.

It would seem you are wrong again..... It would seem that when he was resurrected is the point he was given immortatality.
    So do more research before you comment.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    02 Jul '13 18:38
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Romans 6:9

9 For we know that since Christ was raised from the dead, he cannot die again; death no longer has mastery over him.

It would seem you are wrong again..... It would seem that when he was resurrected is the point he was given immortatality.
    So do more research before you comment.
    You need to read carefully before you comment. I already said that Christ was given immortality and therefore he was the first in that group.

My post in response to Hinds was about people not Christ.
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    02 Jul '13 18:40
    You need to read carefully before you comment. I already said that Christ was given immortality and therefore he was the first in that group.

My post in response to Hinds was about people not Christ.
    Oppps. Sorry that was supposed to go to RJH...
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    02 Jul '13 18:42
    Oppps. Sorry that was supposed to go to RJH...
    No probs.
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    02 Jul '13 18:43
    No probs.
    I have a cold and the meds are wipping me out.
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    02 Jul '13 18:562 edits
    Kind of getting back to the topic of this thread is this scripture:

Revelation 20:6

6 Blessed and holy are those who share in the first resurrection. The second death has no power over them, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with him for a thousand years.

First still speaking of immortality, this is an explination of the choosen or holy ones that will also be granted immortality once they are resurrected to heaven and will be ruling with Jesus over the Kingdom.

And also looking at this scripture it states WHO they will be priest with. It says "God and Christ".
    Why are these two mentioned "separately" as if the were separate spirits and the Holy spirit is not mentioned just as it is not mentioned in many parts of the Bible as in Revelation and the visions where the other two are?
    If all 3 are indeed one on some level for the trinitairians idea, then why would this and many other scriptures not just call them all "God" and still why is the holy spirit not mentioned?
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    02 Jul '13 22:33
    No.

Born again of water means baptism and that is a physical ritual .. done by man.
    Born again of the spirit is the believer having the spirit of God in him .. this is done by Christ.

Immortality has nothing to do with being born again. They are two separate matters. Immortality is only granted after Christ returns.
    So do you believe there are several different ways to be born?

The Instructor
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    02 Jul '13 22:39
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    So do you believe there are several different ways to be born?

The Instructor
    Of course there is.....
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    02 Jul '13 23:25
    Of course there is.....
    So do you consider resurrection from the dead the same as being born of the dead too?

The Instructor
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    02 Jul '13 23:31
    So do you consider resurrection from the dead the same as being born of the dead too?

The Instructor
    There are two different resurrections. One to heaven and the general resurrection for humans on earth.
    No one Jesus resurrected went to heaven but were resurrected back here on the earth where we are from just as God designed for us to be.
    The other resurrection is only for the chosen ones (144,000) ( little flock ) who go to heaven to rule with Jesus over the humans here on earth.
    Can you show me by scripture anything different or that this is not true?
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    02 Jul '13 23:43

The Instructor
    The Bible refers to born of water and born of the spirit. These are two different things. I have never come across the expression born of the dead. Can you elaborate?
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    03 Jul '13 00:453 edits
    The Bible refers to born of water and born of the spirit. These are two different things. I have never come across the expression born of the dead. Can you elaborate?
    No I have not seen "born of the dead" either, but in an earlier post on this thread sonship referred to Jesus being called "the Firstborn of the dead" (Revelation 1:5).

And galvestion75 says that is because Christ is the first man to be resurrected and I think you agreed that meant Christ was the first man to be resurrected to immortality, unless I am mistaken. Now if that is the case and we know that there is supposed to be many more resurrected to immortality after that, then that would mean those others resurrected are the others born of the dead after the first born of the dead, Christ Jesus.

That is the belief of the Jehovah's Witnesses and it seemed as if you agreed with that. So I was trying to get clarification on the ideas of the resurrections, being born, being born again, first born of the dead, and born of the dead, if there is such a thing as being born of the dead?

I was also thinking about the idea of becoming a new creation in Christ and how this plays into these ideas. Also Christ Jesus is called the first born of all creation. It seems a bit confusing and perhaps someone can give a good but easy to understand explanation to it all.

The Instructor
  13. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    03 Jul '13 01:01
    Well being born is just what it says, to be born as a human baby.
    To be born again is not just referring to be resurrected. Again there are 2 resurrections discussed in the Bible.
    One is simply resurrected back to life here on this planet at a future time.
    The second is the spiritual resurrection to heaven or "being reborn".
    The reason it is called being born again is just that, they are reborn into a spiritual life forever and no longer a human.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    03 Jul '13 01:122 edits
    Well being born is just what it says, to be born as a human baby.
    To be born again is not just referring to be resurrected. Again there are 2 resurrections discussed in the Bible.
    One is simply resurrected back to life here on this planet at a future time.
    The second is the spiritual resurrection to heaven or "being reborn".
    The reason it is cal ...[text shortened]... born again is just that, they are reborn into a spiritual life forever and no longer a human.
    This is still not clear to me because Rajk999 seems to agree with you on the resurrection being the same as being born of the dead as Christ is the first born of the dead, but not on the born again idea. Well, here is a repeat of his comments:

"Born again of water means baptism and that is a physical ritual .. done by man.

Immortality has nothing to do with being born again. They are two separate matters. Immortality is only granted after Christ returns."

I found the following explanation of being born again on the web. What do you think about it?

Ye Must Be Born Again!
    http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Basics/ye_must_be_born_again.htm

The Instructor
  15. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    03 Jul '13 02:50
    This is still not clear to me because Rajk999 seems to agree with you on the resurrection being the same as being born of the dead as Christ is the first born of the dead, but not on the born again idea. Well, here is a repeat of his comments:

[b]"Born again of water means baptism and that is a physical ritual .. done by man.
    Born again of the spirit ...[text shortened]... Born Again!
    http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Basics/ye_must_be_born_again.htm

The Instructor
    I think what you are thinking is yes being born again does start with being baptised. No matter if you are of the great crowd, the earthly group that will live on earth or if you are one who Gods chooses to be of the little flock or the 144,000, you still have to be baptized first. That is a public expression showing to all that you are dedicating your life to Jehovah no matter where your future may be.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree