1. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    19 Jul '06 01:514 edits
    Originally posted by LinkHyrule
    I have no problem at all with it. It's not rude at all. Ask away.
    Are you one of the elect?

Also, are LDS the same as Mormons or Jehovah's Witnesses? I always get those three mixed up, and I know two of them are the same thing, because I think they all wear shirts and ties and ride bikes and visit peoples' homes.

Quid pro quo. If there's anything you'd like to know about critical thinking or justified beliefs, feel free to ask me.
  2. Forgotten
    Moves
    19 Jul '06 02:51
    He misspelled LSD. lol
  3. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    19 Jul '06 03:16
    Originally posted by 7ate9
    you'd be the first LDS i've seen openly come out and say it.
    SVW was a former LDS, I believe. It looks like he's gone now though.
  4. Cosmos
    Moves
    19 Jul '06 03:37
    Hello, want to talk?
    No. Bugger off.
  5. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    19 Jul '06 04:32
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    Also, are LDS the same as Mormons or Jehovah's Witnesses?
    The first two are the same, the last one is different.

So Link, tell me about the book of Mormon.
  6. Standard memberroyalchicken
    CHAOS GHOST!!!
    Elsewhere
    Moves
    19 Jul '06 04:54

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

7. Standard memberroyalchicken
    CHAOS GHOST!!!
    Elsewhere
    Moves
    19 Jul '06 04:55
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    tell me about the book of Mormon.
    It's essentially the Gospel according to Joe Smith. That sounds like self-parody.
  8. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    19 Jul '06 05:21
    John Krakauer (author of Into Thin Air) wrote an interesting potted history of the Mormon church - Under the Banner of Heaven.
    It's worth a look at.
  9. Playing with matches
    Moves
    19 Jul '06 12:55

Also, are LDS the same as Mormons or Jehovah's Witnesses? I always get those three mixed up, and I know two of them are the same thing, because I think they all wear shirts and ties and ride bikes and visit peoples' homes.

Quid pro quo. If there's anything you'd like to know about critical thinking or justified beliefs, feel free to ask me.
    Why are there no black Mormons? Can blacks be part of the 'elect'? Jesus was black wasn't he? Jesus never rode a bike, why are Mormon's allowed to ride bikes on their missions? Why do some Mormon's go to other countries for their missionary work and others come to my house?
  10. Joined
    25 Sep '04
    Moves
    19 Jul '06 16:42
    Originally posted by Hand of Hecate
    [b]Why are there no black Mormons? Can blacks be part of the 'elect'?
    Actually there are black Mormons. My understanding is they were banned from the higher offices in the church because they were of the wrong "lineage." But in 1978, due to a "revelation" from the Lord, the ban was lifted. Perhaps a Morman could offer more details. I reckon Jesus looked like every other Hebrew of His day wouldn't you think?
  11. The Tao Temple
    Moves
    19 Jul '06 16:59
    Originally posted by Pawnokeyhole
    [b]Have you read the book of Mormon?
    I read the first few pages. There was a prophet who foretold the birth and life of Jesus with superb detail and accuracy, totally outclassed the Old Testament prophets. But hang on, these prophecies were written AFTER the gospels. Hmmm.
  12. Corner Brook NFLD CA
    Moves
    19 Jul '06 17:01

I wouldn't know what you mean by elect. No, LDS are not Jehovah's Witnesses, although our two religions are the only one's that have missionaries that I know of. Mormons we are, but sometimes we don't like to say that because it makes people believe we worship the Prophet Mormon, and some think we worship Joseph Smith. Both of those things are false.
  13. Corner Brook NFLD CA
    Moves
    19 Jul '06 17:02
    Originally posted by royalchicken
    It's essentially the Gospel according to Joe Smith. That sounds like self-parody.
    Funny but thats incorrect
  14. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    19 Jul '06 17:06
    Originally posted by David C
    C'mon, a Newfie Mormon might be just the ticket.
    Ha X3
  15. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    19 Jul '06 17:06
    I wouldn't know what you mean by elect. No, LDS are not Jehovah's Witnesses, although our two religions are the only one's that have missionaries that I know of. Mormons we are, but sometimes we don't like to say that because it makes people believe we worship the Prophet Mormon, and some think we worship Joseph Smith. Both of those things are false.
    There are plenty of missionaries in the world, the majority of them are not JWs or Mormons.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree