1. Corner Brook NFLD CA
    Moves
    19 Jul '06 17:08
    Originally posted by Hand of Hecate
    Why are there no black Mormons? Can blacks be part of the 'elect'? Jesus was black wasn't he? Jesus never rode a bike, why are Mormon's allowed to ride bikes on their missions? Why do some Mormon's go to other countries for their missionary work and others come to my house?
    There are black Mormon's, thousands in African countries, but there aren't many in the U.S. Why? Because many don't like our church. Sad to say. For the last time there is no "elect"! Bikes are a quicker transportation than legs, so we can spread the gospel to a large area instead of the area that we can walk. We are trying to spread the gospel to the world, if any wishes to hear it. Your house is part of the world.
  2. The sky
    Moves
    19 Jul '06 17:18
    Originally posted by LinkHyrule
    We are trying to spread the gospel to the world, if any wishes to hear it.
    And also if nobody wishes to hear it.
  3. Corner Brook NFLD CA
    Moves
    19 Jul '06 17:24
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    The first two are the same, the last one is different.

So Link, tell me about the book of Mormon.
    Let me just quote from the book itself.
    The Book of Mormon
    An account written by the hand of Mormon
    upon plates taken from the plates of Nephi
    Wherefore it is an abridgement of the record of the people of Nephi, and also of the Lamanites-Written to the Lamanites, who are a remnant of the house of Israel; and also to Jew and Gentile-Written by way of commandment and also by the spirit of prophecy and of revelation-Written and sealed up and hid up unto the Lord that they might not be destroyed-To come forth by the gift and power of God unto the interpretation thereof by the gift of God.
    An abridgement taken from the Book of Ether also which is a record of the people of Jared who were scattered at the time the Lord confounded the language of the people when they were building a tower to get to heaven-Which is to show unto the remnant of the house of Israel what great things the Lord hath done for their fathers and that they may know the covenants of the Lord that they are not cast off forever-And also to the convincing of Jew and Gentile that Jesus is the Christ, the Eternal God, manifesting himself unto all nations-And now, if there are faults they are mistakes of men; wherefore condemn not the things of God that ye may be found spotless at the judgement-seat of Christ.
    (This is the Title page of the BOM)
    If anyone needs me to explain these sentences into simpler form, ask me please.
  4. Corner Brook NFLD CA
    Moves
    19 Jul '06 17:30
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    And also if nobody wishes to hear it.
    If they don't, that's their choice. We respect other religions and (those of us who aren't jerks) don't degrade others for their religion. In fact, after WWII, Mormon soldiers rebuilt many of the churches in the war-torn regions of Japan. When Middle Eastern people got hit by the tsunamis, we sent them Korans and relief. In fact, in one place in the Middle East, they say only two churches were allow to send relief, the Mormon church and the LDS church. (In case you didn't get that they are both the same thing.)
  5. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    19 Jul '06 17:41
    The Book of Mormon
    Wherefore it is an abridgement of the record of the people of Nephi, and also of the Lamanites-Written to the Lamanites, who are a remnant of the house of Israel; and also to Jew and Gentile-Written by way of c ...[text shortened]... age of the BOM)
    You realize that is all bull-crap, right?

Having a go, are you?

P-
  6. Corner Brook NFLD CA
    Moves
    19 Jul '06 17:45
    Originally posted by masscat
    Actually there are black Mormons. My understanding is they were banned from the higher offices in the church because they were of the wrong "lineage." But in 1978, due to a "revelation" from the Lord, the ban was lifted. Perhaps a Morman could offer more details. I reckon Jesus looked like every other Hebrew of His day wouldn't you think?
    This is one of the subjects everybody brings up. Seth was given the priesthood by his father, Noah. Ham and Japheth did not. The Lord's covenant was with Abraham, not Ham. We don't know much about Ham other than that he was cursed by Noah. Because of this curse, he could not have the priesthood. (The curse, by the way is in Gen 9:18-22) Modern revelation, however, revealed that the curse had been lifted. All worthy male members of the church can hold the priesthood.
  7. Corner Brook NFLD CA
    Moves
    19 Jul '06 17:47
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    You realize that is all bull-crap, right?

Having a go, are you?

P-
    I respect your view, but I know for myself that the entire Book of Mormon is true. If you read it, read Moroni 10:4-5. If you do as Moroni asks with a sincere heart and really wishing to know if it is true, the Holy Ghost will manifest unto you that it is true.
  8. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    19 Jul '06 20:13
    Hello, want to talk?
    Lithium Dodecyl Sulphate? You could use Sodium Dodecyl Suphate too, you know. That's the stuff they put in soap to make it soapy. It works by disrupting the di-sulphide bridges between amino acids in proteins, hence they fall apart.
  9. Corner Brook NFLD CA
    Moves
    19 Jul '06 20:34
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    Lithium Dodecyl Sulphate? You could use Sodium Dodecyl Suphate too, you know. That's the stuff they put in soap to make it soapy. It works by disrupting the di-sulphide bridges between amino acids in proteins, hence they fall apart.
    Can you speak about this in the General column please?
  10. Joined
    25 Sep '04
    Moves
    19 Jul '06 20:48
    No. Expect to get trashed for your views. It's part of being a poster.
  11. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    19 Jul '06 20:54
    I wouldn't know what you mean by elect. No, LDS are not Jehovah's Witnesses, although our two religions are the only one's that have missionaries that I know of. Mormons we are, but sometimes we don't like to say that because it makes people believe we worship the Prophet Mormon, and some think we worship Joseph Smith. Both of those things are false.
    I believe the largest missionary organization in the world is Youth With A Mission (YWAM). As far as I know, it does not accept LDS or Jehovah Witness.
  12. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    19 Jul '06 20:55
    Well, in the opening post he never stated explicitly what he meant by LDS, so I simply started to talk about LDS - lithium dodecyl sulphate. It's called a lesson in being specific, or people will take you out of context.
  13. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    19 Jul '06 20:56
    This is one of the subjects everybody brings up. Seth was given the priesthood by his father, Noah. Ham and Japheth did not. The Lord's covenant was with Abraham, not Ham. We don't know much about Ham other than that he was cursed by Noah. Because of this curse, he could not have the priesthood. (The curse, by the way is in Gen 9:18-22) Modern revelation, ...[text shortened]... that the curse had been lifted. All worthy male members of the church can hold the priesthood.
    You know that whole story is a myth right? Ham is not the forefather of Africans. I mean it's fun to believe in stuff just for cultural reasons, but there's no reason to take it this far.
  14. Playing with matches
    Moves
    20 Jul '06 00:11
    There are black Mormon's, thousands in African countries, but there aren't many in the U.S. Why? Because many don't like our church. Sad to say. For the last time there is no "elect"! Bikes are a quicker transportation than legs, so we can spread the gospel to a large area instead of the area that we can walk. We are trying to spread the gospel to the world, if any wishes to hear it. Your house is part of the world.
    How about Jews? You wouldn't let your kids play with Jews would you? How about Mexican Jews, surely they aren't on the list?

Why just bikes then? I'd have gone with a black Dodge Charger with a Hemi and tinted windows.... oh and chrome, lots of chrome.
  15. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    20 Jul '06 00:19
    The Book of Mormon
    Wherefore it is an abridgement of the record of the people of Nephi, and also of the Lamanites-Written to the Lamanites, who are a remnant of the house of Israel; and also to Jew and Gentile-Written by way of c ...[text shortened]... age of the BOM)
    How about you explain how the Book of Mormon was 'uncovered' and whereabouts the plates of Nephi are now.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree