Are people basically good?

Are people basically good?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T

Moves
28 Aug 18

Originally posted by @kellyjay
Yes, those that love and keep his commandments, who denies that? I can tell you that
without God's Spirit you cannot please God.

Answer my question please, or do you deny Him?
If I understand you correctly, you seem to be denying it. Do you believe that receiving the spirit of truth is contingent on KEEPing His commandments? That it is contingent on ceasing to sin?

What "please[s] God" is that one ceases to sin.

T

Moves
28 Aug 18

Originally posted by @suzianne
When one does not even have the courage to take one's own advice, this serves to make this advice seem questionable. When one berates others for not taking the advice that they themselves do not take, it shows them to be a hypocrite of the first order.

Personal questions ARE a litmus test for the validity of such advice AND the integrity of the advice-giver.

What do you have, in you?
Why do you keep creating the same straw man over and over? Why are you so dishonest about this?

It's not about taking MY "advice" or taking RAJK999's "advice" for that matter.

It's primarily been about taking Jesus' "advice". That's just a fact.

Moves
28 Aug 18

Originally posted by @thinkofone
Why do you keep creating the same straw man over and over? Why are you so dishonest about this?

It's not about taking MY "advice" or taking RAJK999's "advice" for that matter.

It's primarily been about taking Jesus' "advice". That's just a fact.
John 6:29-33

Then they inquired, “What must we do to perform the works of God?” Jesus replied, “The work of God is this: to believe in the One He has sent.” So they asked Him, “What sign then will You perform, so that we may see it and believe You? What will You do?Our forefathers ate the manna in the wilderness, as it is written: ‘He gave them bread from heaven to eat.’” Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I tell you, it was not Moses who gave you the bread from heaven, but it is My Father who gives you the true bread from heaven. For the bread of God is He who comes down from heaven and gives life to the world.”

T

Moves
28 Aug 18

Originally posted by @dj2becker
John 6:29-33

Then they inquired, “What must we do to perform the works of God?” Jesus replied, “The work of God is this: to believe in the One He has sent.” So they asked Him, “What sign then will You perform, so that we may see it and believe You? What will You do?Our forefathers ate the manna in the wilderness, as it is written: ‘He gave them bread f ...[text shortened]... from heaven. For the bread of God is He who comes down from heaven and gives life to the world.”
If you have a point, then plainly state it.

This seems to have little if anything to do with the point of my post.

Moves
28 Aug 18

If you have a point, then plainly state it.

This seems to have little if anything to do with the point of my post.
“The work of God is this: to believe in the One He has sent.” Do you take this advice of Jesus?

T

Moves
28 Aug 18

“The work of God is this: to believe in the One He has sent.” Do you take this advice of Jesus?
Jesus said what He said. Do you believe that what He said is dependent on whether or not any given individual "take[s] this advice"?

Moves
28 Aug 18

Jesus said what He said. Do you believe that what He said is dependent on whether or not any given individual "take[s] this advice"?
I'll answer your question once you have answered mine.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
28 Aug 18

The will of God is that people FOLLOW the commandments of His Son, rather than profess belief only.

This is the reason why Jesus said that only those who follow his commandments will enter the kingdom of God.

ToO personal life and beliefs have nothing to do with the truth as stated by Jesus Christ.

T

Moves
28 Aug 18

I'll answer your question once you have answered mine.
Your question does not speak to the point of my earlier post. My question does. Is such a concept really that far beyond you?

Moves
28 Aug 18

Your question does not speak to the point of my earlier post. My question does. Is such a concept really that far beyond you?
If you can formulate a cogent response to my question, by all means post it.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
28 Aug 18

If you can formulate a cogent response to my question, by all means post it.
When a man does not know neither understand the truth of the doctrine of Christ he resorts of personal investigations into the lives of others. Your mind cannot progress further.

T

Moves
28 Aug 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @rajk999
When a man does not know neither understand the truth of the doctrine of Christ he resorts of personal investigations into the lives of others. Your mind cannot progress further.
Poor reading comprehension.

Poor critical thinking skills.

Poor conceptual thinking skills.

Aversion to the truth.

An inability to be honest with oneself no less others.

Aversion to the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry.

It seems that many if not all of the above are required to be able to delude oneself into believing in "salvation by faith alone".

Is it any wonder that it renders them incapable of rational discussion?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
28 Aug 18

Personal questions are simply your way of not dealing with the issue. What ToO believes has no relevance to what Jesus preached about the importance of keeping his commandments.

Those who keep the commandments have Gods Spirit in them.
Those who profess to know Christ and do not keep the commandments have nothing.
They have a spirit of evil or satan in them
From someone who is always personal, you saying that is laughable.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
28 Aug 18

You are in the wrong place lady. This is why Paul told you people to shut up. This is a discussion forum. You want to find about about people personal lives then go to church or join a group or facebook where you can discuss each others lives in great detail. ToO's personal life is of no consequence to what Jesus preached... moron.
Personal and rude

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
28 Aug 18

If I understand you correctly, you seem to be denying it. Do you believe that receiving the spirit of truth is contingent on KEEPing His commandments? That it is contingent on ceasing to sin?

What "please[s] God" is that one ceases to sin.
What pleases God are those with God’s Spirit doing His will. Without God’s Spirit it is impossible to please God.

Answer my question is Jesus Christ your Lord and savior?

You ashamed of Jesus?