1. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    30 Aug '18 11:481 edit
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    Just pretend that Jesus never said this: “The work of God is this: to believe in the One He has sent.”
    Why would I need to PRETEND that? By placing that verse within context of the rest of John 6 and the entirety of the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry, the meaning is clear.

Note how becker is deflecting from what Matthew 7:21,23 says. That in fact, it is becker who is PRETENDing that Jesus didn't say what He said there.
  2. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    30 Aug '18 11:491 edit
    Originally posted by @thinkofone
    Why would I need to PRETEND that? By placing that verse within context of the rest of John 6 and the entirety of the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry, the meaning is clear.
    Yes it is clear. Let's just pretend only the words of Jesus happen to be divinely inspired and let's just ignore the rest of the Bible shall we?
  3. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    30 Aug '18 11:54
    Yes it is.
    Good to see that you understand that I have not need to PRETEND anything.

Also note the edits in my previous post. It now reads as follows:

Note how becker is deflecting from what Matthew 7:21,23 says. That in fact, it is becker who is PRETENDing that Jesus didn't say what He said there.
  4. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    30 Aug '18 12:05

I don’t have to pretend anything, what Jesus said is clear in the context of the entire scriptures. You are the one that has to pretend that the rest of the Bible does not exist or it is all irrelevant.
  5. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    30 Aug '18 12:10
    I don’t have to pretend anything, what Jesus said is clear in the context of the entire scriptures. You are the one that has to pretend that the rest of the Bible does not exist or it is all irrelevant.
    Becker continues to avoid addressing what Matthew 7:21,23 says. And so it goes...
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    30 Aug '18 12:17
    The reality is that you are the one who denies Jesus by denying the gospel preached by Him during His ministry. You follow a different gospel.

You keep claiming that I "twist" the words He spoke, yet somehow you haven't articulated exactly how I have done that. What does that say about you?

[b]I have no issues claiming Jesus Christ is my Lord and ...[text shortened]... e only ones that He knows.

Clearly such claims in and of themselves are meaningless to Jesus.
    I have not denied we will be doing the will of God. My point to you is that it requires God in our lives to accomplish that.
  7. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    30 Aug '18 12:37

I fully accept everything written in the Bible, you are the one that cherry-picks.
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    30 Aug '18 16:49
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    I have not denied we will be doing the will of God. My point to you is that it requires God in our lives to accomplish that.
    ... He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son. (2 John 1:9 KJV)

If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. (John 14:23 KJV)

IF you keep the commandments of Christ
    THEN you have BOTH God and Christ
    THEN God and Christ makes their abode with you.

If you profess to know God You have NOTHING.
    If you think you have Gods Spirit ...You have NOTHING.
    It is only IF you start following the commandments THEN God is in you.
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    30 Aug '18 17:041 edit
    The reality is that you are the one who denies Jesus by denying the gospel preached by Him during His ministry. You follow a different gospel.

You keep claiming that I "twist" the words He spoke, yet somehow you haven't articulated exactly how I have done that. What does that say about you?

[b]I have no issues claiming Jesus Christ is my Lord and ...[text shortened]... e only ones that He knows.

Clearly such claims in and of themselves are meaningless to Jesus.
    Claims in and of themselves ARE meaningless. You can make no claims, even speak ill at your leisure if your actions are just.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    30 Aug '18 17:10
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    ... He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son. (2 John 1:9 KJV)

If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. (John 14:23 KJV)

[b]IF you keep the commandments of Christ
    THEN you have BOTH God and Christ
    THEN God and Christ ma ...[text shortened]... rit ...You have NOTHING.
    It is only IF you start following the commandments THEN God is in you.
    You don’t grasp scripture in Christ is exactly where we need to be. What you quoted and what you said have nothing to do with one another.

Are you still denying Jesus Christ before men?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree