Are people basically good?

Are people basically good?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
27 Aug 18

Originally posted by @lemon-lime
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha...
OMG, oh stop, you're killing me!

[b]Dont know why you are quoting those irrelevant passages.

Yeah kelly, why are you quoting from the NEW testament?
What's up with that?![/b]
Another Christian lacking in substance.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
27 Aug 18

Originally posted by @kellyjay
Why in the world would I heed your words without questioning them? Outside of yourself I haven’t seen anyone except you as someone whose views were beyond reproach!
Heed my words including: "Dont take my word for it", "Work it out for yourself" and "I can only suggest things, I cant force or coerce or intimidate even the most knuckleheaded and backward of people"

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
27 Aug 18

Originally posted by @fmf
The word "good" means different things.
LOL really, are you sure you are not abusing it?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
27 Aug 18

Your understanding of the English language is very poor

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
27 Aug 18
2 edits

Originally posted by @rajk999
Another Christian lacking in substance.
"Good means righteous."
Okay, but if none is good except for the Father this can only mean God alone is righteous. How is this good for you or me or anyone else?

"There are righteous people who follow the commandments.
These people Christ will call into the Kingdom of God.
"

( do they follow the commandments because they are righteous, or are they righteous because they follow the commandments? )

So Christ's importance is relegated to heavens doorman... he called you and let you in, but you got there by your own effort.
(your own righteousness).
This would give you reason to boast and feel proud of yourself, would it not?
This seems to be a big sticking point for some Christians, because they want to believe heaven is a prize they earned for their own good works. If this was true then Christ didn't need to die for anyones sins, because anyone who wants to be there can earn their way into heaven.

Is there more to this, or is this pretty much it... the relevant substance of your belief?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
28 Aug 18

"[b]Good means righteous."
Okay, but if none is good except for the Father this can only mean God alone is righteous. How is this good for you or me or anyone else?

"There are righteous people who follow the commandments.
These people Christ will call into the Kingdom of God.
"

( do they follow the commandments because they are righ ...[text shortened]... s there more to this, or is this pretty much it... the relevant [i]substance of your belief?[/b]
Thats a pile of nonsense.

First you need to understand the teachings of Christ. If you succeed with that then the rest makes sense.

F

Moves
28 Aug 18

Whatever you might be trying to say on the subject of morality ~ good and bad, right and wrong ~ is likely to be incoherent if you cannot tell the difference between the meaning of "good" in "good soup" and the meaning of "good" in "good behaviour".

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
28 Aug 18

Originally posted by @thinkofone
Correct.

KJ doesn't seem to understand that the Spirit of truth is only received by those who KEEP His word.

John 14
15“If you love Me, you will keep My commandments.
16“I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may be with you forever; 17that is the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it does not see ...[text shortened]... e does not keep My words...

Clearly KJ does not believe God (in the OT) or Jesus (in the NT).
You believe that God gives His Spirit? Do you believe Jesus Christ is your Lord?

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
28 Aug 18

Thats a pile of nonsense.

First you need to understand the teachings of Christ. If you succeed with that then the rest makes sense.
The teachings of Christ are clear, and make sense.
What you are teaching... not so much.

T

Moves
28 Aug 18

You believe that God gives His Spirit? Do you believe Jesus Christ is your Lord?
Are either of those questions going to change the fact that Jesus made it clear that the Spirit of truth is only received by those who KEEP His word?

John 14
16“I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may be with you forever; 17that is the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it does not see Him or know Him, but you know Him because He abides with you and will be in you.
21“He who has My commandments and keeps them is the one who loves Me; and he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and will disclose Myself to him.”
23...“If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our abode with him.
24“He who does not love Me does not keep My words...

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
28 Aug 18

The teachings of Christ are clear, and make sense.
What you are teaching... not so much.
Well then we agree. Cool.

Jesus basically said that it is the righteous (ie those who do good works) who will enter the kingdom of God.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
28 Aug 18

Originally posted by @thinkofone
Are either of those questions going to change the fact that Jesus made it clear that the Spirit of truth is only received by those who KEEP His word?

John 14
16“I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may be with you forever; 17that is the Spirit of truth, whom the world ...[text shortened]... come to him and make Our abode with him.
24“He who does not love Me does not keep My words...
Yes, those that love and keep his commandments, who denies that? I can tell you that
without God's Spirit you cannot please God.

Answer my question please, or do you deny Him?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
28 Aug 18

Yes, those that love and keep his commandments, who denies that? I can tell you that
without God's Spirit you cannot please God.

Answer my question please, or do you deny Him?
Personal questions are simply your way of not dealing with the issue. What ToO believes has no relevance to what Jesus preached about the importance of keeping his commandments.

Those who keep the commandments have Gods Spirit in them.
Those who profess to know Christ and do not keep the commandments have nothing.
They have a spirit of evil or satan in them

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
28 Aug 18
1 edit

Personal questions are simply your way of not dealing with the issue. What ToO believes has no relevance to what Jesus preached about the importance of keeping his commandments.

Those who keep the commandments have Gods Spirit in them.
Those who profess to know Christ and do not keep the commandments have nothing.
They have a spirit of evil or satan in them
When one does not even have the courage to take one's own advice, this serves to make this advice seem questionable. When one berates others for not taking the advice that they themselves do not take, it shows them to be a hypocrite of the first order.

Personal questions ARE a litmus test for the validity of such advice AND the integrity of the advice-giver.

What do you have, in you?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
28 Aug 18

Originally posted by @suzianne
When one does not even have the courage to take one's own advice, this serves to make this advice seem questionable. When one berates others for not taking the advice that they themselves do not take, it shows them to be a hypocrite of the first order.

Personal questions ARE a litmus test for the validity of such advice AND the integrity of the advice-giver.

What do you have, in you?
You are in the wrong place lady. This is why Paul told you people to shut up. This is a discussion forum. You want to find about about people personal lives then go to church or join a group or facebook where you can discuss each others lives in great detail. ToO's personal life is of no consequence to what Jesus preached... moron.