Bad to worse.......

Bad to worse.......

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
23 Jul 14

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
because these fines, their magnitude and prevalence of this type of crime are unprecedented, thats why, you need me to spell it out for you?
and how does that prove that there is 'more' crime?

F

Moves
23 Jul 14

Real education is schools? You mean assimilating the ideas of others and regurgitating them in examinations? I mock such a pretense! I give lessons in ethics and morality? Practical advice on how to live, principles that require discernment! I fail to see why education needs to be limited by your narrow perspective.
Don't you assimilate the ideas of those "others" who write the literature of the JW organisation? Do you regurgitate something different from that on doorsteps?

rc

Moves
23 Jul 14

Originally posted by FMF
This seems rather sweeping and judgemental of you; you are talking about billions of children, taught by hundreds of millions of teachers, working in tens of millions of schools, in upwards of 200 countries all around the world. It's all "a failure" is it?
Epic FAILURE! You are taught to assimilate the ideas of others and regurgitate them during an examination. You are taught subjects like mathematics in a purely mechanical way. You are taught subjects that you have no interest in and do poorly as a consequence or subjects that you have no aptitude for and likewise do badly as a consequence.

rc

Moves
23 Jul 14
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
Don't you assimilate the ideas of those "others" who write the literature of the JW organisation? Do you regurgitate something different from that on doorsteps?
The difference is the education of Jehovahs witnesses is designed to help the individual use his own powers of discernment, that is through the faculty of conscience. We are not in the habit of telling people you must do this or do that, we are in the habit of giving them the principles to enable them to come to some kind of informed decision by themselves, this is completely different from assimilating ideas and regurgitating them during an examination.

Moves
23 Jul 14

Yes I have been in education for twenty years, Bible Education, why do you ask?
did you read the bible before or after you learned to read and write?

F

Moves
23 Jul 14

Epic FAILURE! You are taught to assimilate the ideas of others and regurgitate them during an examination. You are taught subjects like mathematics in a purely mechanical way. You are taught subjects that you have no interest in and do poorly as a consequence or subjects that you have no aptitude for and likewise do badly as a consequence.
So you condemn the spread of education and the increased access to education that has happened all around the world in the last 100 years or so?

rc

Moves
23 Jul 14

Originally posted by stellspalfie
and how does that prove that there is 'more' crime?
you don't think fraud is a crime? wow.

rc

Moves
23 Jul 14

Originally posted by FMF
So you condemn the spread of education and the increased access to education that has happened all around the world in the last 100 years or so?
I have condemned what passes for education.

rc

Moves
23 Jul 14

Originally posted by stellspalfie
did you read the bible before or after you learned to read and write?
It was miraculous, a dove appeared when i was walking down Great western road and I became enlightened.

F

Moves
23 Jul 14

The difference is the education of Jehovags witnesses id designed to help the individual use hos own powers of discernment, that is through the faculty of conscience. We are not in the habit of telling people you must do this or do that, we are in the habit of giving them the principles to enable them to come to some kind of informed decision by the ...[text shortened]... is is completely different from assimilating ideas and regurgitating them during an examination.
So you make sure you don't assimilate JW ideas and you regurgitate something other than JW ideas in your 'ministry'? Is that what you mean?

F

Moves
23 Jul 14

I have condemned what passes for education.
Education everywhere in the world?

rc

Moves
23 Jul 14

Originally posted by FMF
So you make sure you don't assimilate JW ideas and you regurgitate something other than JW ideas in your 'ministry'? Is that what you mean?
I have said what I have said, why it should prove difficult to understand i cannot say, perhaps you were never taught to employ your powers of discernment, instead you were taught to assimilate ideas and regurgitate them during an examination, who can tell?

rc

Moves
23 Jul 14

Originally posted by FMF
Education everywhere in the world?
Education devoid of morality, education which teaches people to assimilate ideas and not use their own powers of discernment i condemn.

F

Moves
23 Jul 14

I have said what I have said, why it should prove difficult to understand i cannot say, perhaps you were never taught to employ your powers of discernment, instead you were taught to assimilate ideas and regurgitate them during an examination, who can tell?
You seem to oppose assimilating and regurgitating ideas except when you do it, I suppose that is how you are coming across in these last few posts of yours.

Moves
23 Jul 14

you don't think fraud is a crime? wow.
how does a list of 10 or so crimes prove that there is statistically more crime in the world?