1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Feb '18 13:28
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    The only thing people need to wonder is why do people claiming that "real" Christians never sin never want to talk about their own supposedly "sinless" life?
    It’s easy if your not a Christian yourself, just throw rocks and keep ducking down.
  2. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    18 Feb '18 14:33
    Originally posted by @thinkofone
    Evidently you're not very big on taking the time to think.

This hint may be too oblique for you, but it'll be interesting to give it a go. Read the following. What do you make of it? Compare and contrast what you make of it and what you make of what I'd written earlier.

<<Because by and large, the words attributed to Einstein are reasonably sound a ...[text shortened]... remarkably deep and quite profound. By and large, the words attributed to Einstein are Truth.>>
    Sure, Einstein is relative. 😞

But why are the words of Jesus somehow immune from the corruptions you happily identify in the rest of the Bible?

The fact I ask the above question indicates myself (and others I'm sure) are oblivious to your 'reasoning.'
  3. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    18 Feb '18 14:401 edit
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Sure, Einstein is relative. 😞

But why are the words of Jesus somehow immune from the corruptions you happily identify in the rest of the Bible?

The fact I ask the above question indicates myself (and others I'm sure) are oblivious to your 'reasoning.'
    Sure, Einstein is relative.

Not sure what you mean by this. Can you elaborate on what you have in mind? Seems like it might just be nothing more than a bad pun.
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    18 Feb '18 14:49
    [b]Sure, Einstein is relative.

Not sure what you mean by this. Can you elaborate on what you have in mind? Seems like it might just be nothing more than a bad pun.[/b]
    Yes, don't get distracted by the bad pun and focus on the question that you seem to be able to answer:

'But why are the words of Jesus somehow immune from the corruptions you happily identify in the rest of the Bible?'
  5. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    18 Feb '18 14:53
    Yes, don't get distracted by the bad pun and focus on the question that you seem to be able to answer:

'But why are the words of Jesus somehow immune from the corruptions you happily identify in the rest of the Bible?'
    Here. I'll give you another chance to actually take the time to think.

Read the following. What do you make of it? Compare and contrast what you make of it and what you make of what I'd written earlier.

<<Because by and large, the words attributed to Einstein are reasonably sound and reasonably coherent within themselves. What's more, much of what was attributed to him is remarkably deep and quite profound. By and large, the words attributed to Einstein are Truth.>>
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Feb '18 15:12
    Instead of this twenty questions routine, how about if you just take the time to articulate a well-thought-out point if you have one?

If you're just bored, seems likely that Romans1009 would be willing to play with you. He seems to love parroting what he's been taught.
    Why are you dragging me into this? I’ve asked you numerous questions that you flat-out refuse to answer. You’ve made numerous claims about Jesus that are contradicted by Jesus’ own words. Should I list them again, or will you simply ignore them again?
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Feb '18 15:201 edit
    Yet the same old ad hom as a way of avoiding actually addressing the issue. You've been called out on this many times before by both rajk999 and me. I know you're intelligent enough to understand what an ad hom is and why it is fallacious.
    Total projection on your part.

I would suggest it is you who avoids answering questions by engaging in personal attacks.

Why not re-examine what you believe in light of what the entirety of the Gospels say and not just what you’re cherry picking out of them? It’s this cherry picking that has led you to a wrong-headed and indefensible conclusion about Jesus’ message in the Gospels, and it’s your foolish and sinful pride that is preventing you from seeing the truth.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Feb '18 15:24
    It's really interesting how FMJ, you and Romans1009 all so consistently jump to very similar, very illogical conclusions. If you aren't all the same person, you might as well be.
    Another example of you avoiding a legitimate question to engage in a personal attack. Why won’t you answer legitimate questions? Is it because your position on what Jesus taught and who Jesus is would be exposed as being a superficial and carnal misunderstanding?
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Feb '18 15:27
    Compare and contrast what you've written here with what I actually wrote. Take the time to have a think on it.

If you need a hint, let me know.
    More avoidance...

You must get a lot of exercise from dodging questions and avoiding points that expose your positions as being based on a superficial and carnal misunderstanding of Jesus.
  10. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    18 Feb '18 15:27
    Wise man say, 'A person confident in their answers isn't afraid to answer questions.'
  11. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    18 Feb '18 15:28
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    Another example of you avoiding a legitimate question to engage in a personal attack. Why won’t you answer legitimate questions? Is it because your position on what Jesus taught and who Jesus is would be exposed as being a superficial and carnal misunderstanding?
    Not sure, but wouldn't "worldly" be a better word choice than "carnal" for what you're trying to say here?
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Feb '18 15:33
    Not sure, but wouldn't "worldly" be a better word choice than "carnal" for what you're trying to say here?
    No, carnal is the word that best fits what I am saying. Do you think you are the “natural man” referred to by Paul in this verse?

“But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.”

(1 Corinthians 2:14)
  13. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    18 Feb '18 15:35
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    No, carnal is the word that best fits what I am saying. Do you think you are the “natural man” referred to by Paul in this verse?

“But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.”

(1 Corinthians 2:14)
    How do you explain the fact that you're the one who holds remarkably self-serving beliefs?
  14. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    18 Feb '18 15:42
    Wise man say, 'A person confident in their answers isn't afraid to answer questions.'
    Do you ever take the time to actually think about very much at all?
  15. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    18 Feb '18 15:44
    Do you ever take the time to actually think about very much at all?
    More time apparently than you do answering questions.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree