Moves
    21 Feb '18 03:591 edit
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Feb '18 04:161 edit
    Originally posted by @thinkofone
    "The Son of Man will send out his angels, and they will weed out of his kingdom everything that causes sin and [b]all who do evil."

What does "all who do evil" actually say? It definitely does not say, "what makes someone righteous (in right standing with God) and frees him or her from the power of sin." How can you not understand this?

You n ...[text shortened]... ing His ministry. For another, John 3:16 doesn't actually say what you seem to believe it says.[/b]
    <<What does "all who do evil" actually say?>>

What does “do evil” mean in your view?

<<Instead you substitute beliefs that are taken from a gospel other than the gospel that Jesus preached during His ministry.>>

Not correct. I’ve posted numerous verses and passages in which Jesus speaks to the importance of believing in Him and on Him for eternal life. You ignore these verses and passages because you apparently don’t believe Jesus was the Son of God but think He was only a man. This is why you ignore and fail to acknowledge (and I suspect do not believe) the miracles He performed, the New Covenant that He spoke of, His sacrifice for the remission of sins which He spoke of, His Resurrection which He predicted, His statements in which He identified Himself as God, His granting salvation to the thief on the cross next to Him after the thief only expressed belief in Him and so on.

You’ve, in your mind, reduced Jesus to only a wise teacher and have yet to explain how a mortal man has the authority to say by what means other mortal man enter heaven.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Feb '18 04:25
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    You think Job or all the persons referred to as righteous in the Old Testament or even perfect knew of John 3:16 or Romans 10 9 ? LOL 😀
    You’re aware, of course, that Job predated by several thousand years Jesus Christ’s arrival on earth for His ministry and the New Testament.

And you must also be aware that prior to the New Covenant that God established with man through Jesus Christ’s shed blood that people were made righteous (in right standing with God) by following the law. But since no one could perfectly follow the law, animals had to be sacrificed to atone for their sins.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Feb '18 11:02
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    You’re aware, of course, that Job predated by several thousand years Jesus Christ’s arrival on earth for His ministry and the New Testament.

And you must also be aware that prior to the New Covenant that God established with man through Jesus Christ’s shed blood that people were made righteous (in right standing with God) by following the law. But since no one could perfectly follow the law, animals had to be sacrificed to atone for their sins.
    You are aware that there were many righteous before Christ.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Feb '18 15:00
    Yes, and how did they become righteous (in right standing with God?)

By following the law, failing, and sacrificing animals and performing other rituals to atone for their sins.

“For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.”

(Romans 6:23)
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Feb '18 15:03
    And I would dispute there were “many” righteous before Christ. Do you have a verse or passage from the Bible that supports that view? Here’s one of several I could cite that does not.

“God looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, that did seek God.

Every one of them is gone back: they are altogether become filthy; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.“

(Psalm 53:2-3)
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Feb '18 15:14
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    And I would dispute there were “many” righteous before Christ. Do you have a verse or passage from the Bible that supports that view? Here’s one of several I could cite that does not.

“God looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, that did seek God.

Every one of them is gone back: they are altogether become filthy; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.“

(Psalm 53:2-3)
    You left out verse 1 because it did not suit your point?

The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Corrupt are they, and have done abominable iniquity: there is none that doeth good. God looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, that did seek God. Every one of them is gone back: they are altogether become filthy; there is none that doeth good, no, not one. (Psalms 53:1-3 KJV)

David is talking about a particular group of people. The context, the history, the intent of the author, who is the author addressing, all these assist in understanding.

You continue to ignore these things therefore you will continue to lack understanding.

The fact that you can claim all people before Christ were not good and evil and corrupt shows what a blooming idiot you really are.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Feb '18 15:57
    You left out verse 1 because it did not suit your point?

[i] The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Corrupt are they, and have done abominable iniquity: there is none that doeth good. God looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, that did seek God. Every one of them is gone back: they are ...[text shortened]... ple before Christ were not good and evil and corrupt shows what a blooming idiot you really are.
    <<The fact that you can claim all people before Christ were not good and evil and corrupt shows what a blooming idiot you really are.>>

I never said that and you are again sinning by bearing false witness against me. Why don’t you stick to writing what you think and believe and stop trying to write what I think and believe since you never get it right.

People who were righteous (in right standing with God) before Christ were righteous based on following the law AND sacrificing animals to atone for their sins (among other rituals.)

I stated exactly that before and it may have even been in this thread.

Why do you continue to sin by bearing false witness? You are proving that one cannot stop, let alone reduce, his or her sinning by human effort. God’s Holy Spirit, given to people upon their acceptance of Christ into their heart, is what’s required. Please do that and not only will you obtain salvation but your life will be changed!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree