Believers, Non-Believers & Morality

Believers, Non-Believers & Morality

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
25 Apr 18

Originally posted by @fmf
He had a very happy childhood; that was the "information that divegeester voluntarily shared in public". Why were you referring to the suicide on a public forum like that if you were ignoring what divegeester had actually said about his childhood and talking about what you "imagine" instead? Why did you introduce it into the banter that was going on?

Here is ...[text shortened]... ashamed of yourself.

What's the Bible verse that you might use to hide this behaviour behind?
Well there is of course the distinct possibility that he could be lying about having a happy childhood, or about the suicide, or about both. He must have shared that he had a happy childhood on a different thread because I was not aware of it at the time when I shared what I did with Romans.

Moves
25 Apr 18
1 edit

It's the most misanthropic trolling I've seen in all my years as a member of this community, except for that one other incident I mentioned.
You should call things as you see them just like I did when I gave my take on Dive's behavior to Romans.

F

Moves
25 Apr 18

Originally posted by @dj2becker
You should call things as you see them just like I did when I gave my take on Dive's behavior to Romans.
Presumably you apologized to divegeester when you realized you'd got the story of his childhood so wrong?

F

Moves
25 Apr 18

Well there is of course the distinct possibility that he could be lying about having a happy childhood, or about the suicide, or about both. He must have shared that he had a happy childhood on a different thread because I was not aware of it at the time when I shared what I did with Romans.
Is this some kind of moral reasoning in support of your behaviour?

Moves
25 Apr 18
1 edit

Presumably you apologized to divegeester when you realized you'd got the story of his childhood so wrong?
Or I thought that Dive was lying about having a happy childhood or about his mother killing herself because the two stories don't seem compatible to me.

F

Moves
25 Apr 18

Or I thought that Dive was lying about having a happy childhood or about his mother killing herself because the two stories don't seem compatible to me.
So, did you apologize to him or not?

Moves
25 Apr 18

I don't recall if I did.

F

Moves
25 Apr 18

I don't recall if I did.
It happened only last month.

Moves
25 Apr 18

Do you think Dive should apologize to me for accusing me of lying about my sister and a number of other things?

F

Moves
25 Apr 18
2 edits

Do you think Dive should apologize to me for accusing me of lying about my sister and a number of other things?
I have decided to accept you at your word [about your sister]. I don't think divegeester has. Perhaps he will tell you for himself. My advice to him would be not to apologize to you unless he sincerely meant that he was sorry. Did you troll him about his birth mother as a retaliation for finding your story about your sister rather unbelievable ~ which many of us did, particularly some months later in a different conversation, when you appeared to have forgotten what you said had happened to her. I just decided to let is pass and believe you. divegeester should do what he thinks is appropriate.

Moves
25 Apr 18

I have decided to accept you at your word. I don't think divegeester has. Perhaps he will tell you for himself. My advice to him would be not to apologize to you unless he sincerely meant that he was sorry. Did you troll him about his birth mother as a retaliation for finding your story about your sister rather unbelievable ~ which many of us did, particularly ...[text shortened]... ust decided to let is pass and believe you. divegeester should do what he thinks is appropriate.
So do you accept me at my word when I say that I find it hard to believe that Dive had a happy childhood taking into account that his mother killed herself during that time?

F

Moves
25 Apr 18
1 edit

So do you accept me at my word when I say that I find it hard to believe that Dive had a happy childhood taking into account that his mother killed herself during that time?
No, I don't accept you at your word on this one. I think you were trolling him. Plain and simple. If you had PM'd Romans1009 that would have been different. Instead, you decided to troll him. It was perhaps the most cutting thing you could think of to say. Like how a miffed adolescent's mind works. And I don't accept anything you've said in the meantime - about your reason for doing what you did - as being honest and true.

Moves
25 Apr 18

No, I don't accept you at your word on this one. I think you were trolling him. Plain and simple. If you had PM'd Romans1009 that would have been different. Instead, you decided to troll him. It was perhaps the most cutting thing you could think of to say. Like how a miffed adolescent's mind works. And I don't accept anything you've said in the meantime - about your reason for doing what you did - as being honest and true.
In your previous post you said that you have decided to accept me at my word. Have you changed your mind already?

F

Moves
25 Apr 18

In your previous post you said that you have decided to accept me at my word. Have you changed your mind already?
That was about your sister. I edited it to make that clear. You asked me "Do you think Dive should apologize to me for accusing me of lying about my sister and a number of other things?" And I answered, "I have decided to accept you at your word"... re: whether or not you lied about your sister.

Moves
25 Apr 18

That was about your sister. I edited it to make that clear. You asked me "Do you think Dive should apologize to me for accusing me of lying about my sister and a number of other things?" And I answered, "I have decided to accept you at your word"... re: whether or not you lied about your sister.
Ok, if you can't take my word for it what is the point of discussing anything with me?