1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Feb '18 15:11
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    Read your bible and pray.

Is that it what ..... a sincere, committed, self-sacrificing belief. is all about?

OK .. I think you tried your best to explain.

I got it now.
    You have no idea what being led by the Spirit is all about?

Do you even believe God’s Holy Spirit indwells every person when they accept Christ into their heart?

Being led by the Spirit is a unique journey for everyone, just as the cross Jesus referred to in the passage I quoted is unique to everyone.

You seem to want Christianity to be formulaic and a one-size-fits-all proposition. It’s not. Just as everyone has a unique relationship with other people, so Jesus Christ has a unique relationship with them.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Feb '18 15:18
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    Read your bible and pray.

Is that it what ..... a sincere, committed, self-sacrificing belief. is all about?

OK .. I think you tried your best to explain.

I got it now.
    Should add reading the Bible and praying (i.e. being in communication with God) are two of the most important things any Christian can do.

God’s indwelt Holy Spirit is strengthened from those very important activities. Why diminish/dismiss them?

Why do you think Paul says in 1 Thessalonians 5 to, “Pray without ceasing.”

Are you aware of all the verses in the Bible that speak to the importance of reading God’s Word?

How do you serve God if you are not in His Word, praying and being led by His Spirit?
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    17 Feb '18 15:20
    Originally posted by @romans1009

Do you even believe God’s Holy Spirit indwells every person when they accept Christ into their heart?

Being led by the Spirit is a unique journey for everyone, just as the cross Jesus referred to in the passage I quoted is unique to everyone.

You seem to want Christianity to be formulai ...[text shortened]... as a unique relationship with other people, so Jesus Christ has a unique relationship with them.
    I see.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    17 Feb '18 15:20
    Should add reading the Bible and praying (i.e. being in communication with God) are two of the most important things any Christian can do.

God’s indwelt Holy Spirit is strengthened from those very important activities. Why diminish/dismiss them?

Why do you think Paul says in 1 Thessalonians 5 to, “Pray without ceasing.”

Are you aware of all the ...[text shortened]... s Word?

How do you serve God if you are not in His Word, praying and being led by His Spirit?
    Well ... good for you. 🙂
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    17 Feb '18 23:28
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    Narrtivium is powerful stuff
    Narritivium . 3rd times a charm
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    17 Feb '18 23:30

You seem to want Christianity to be formulai ...[text shortened]... as a unique relationship with other people, so Jesus Christ has a unique relationship with them.
    Leaders aren't led
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Feb '18 06:45
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    Leaders aren't led
    Best leaders know how to be led.
    They know what it is to others to have to follow.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Feb '18 06:571 edit
    Many antichrists, says John have gone out into the world.

The particular kind of antichrist John dealt with was gnostic influenced people who did not believe Christ could have been genuine material flesh and blood. They did not argue that Jesus never existed. They argued that He was too good to be material.

So John argued that Christ came "in the flesh" to counter their antichrist teaching.

"Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but prove the spirits whether they are of God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.

In this you know the Spirit of God; every spirit which confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God.,

And every spirit which does not confess Jesus not of God, and this is the spirit of antichrist, of which you have heard that it is coming and now is already in the world. " (1 John 4:1-4)

A form of gnosticism held all material as evil. Therefore someone as good as Jesus Christ, to them, could not have been physical flesh, blood, and bones.

See Doceists (from Wiki)

In Christianity, docetism (from the Greek δοκεá¿–ν/δÏŒκησις dokeÄ©n (to seem) dókÄ“sis (apparition, phantom), is the doctrine that the phenomenon of Christ, his historical and bodily existence, and above all the human form of Jesus, was mere semblance without any true reality.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Feb '18 07:02
    Docetism was only one form of an antichrist teaching.

Like what I call "red letter" antichrists, the DID believe SOMETHING about Jesus. But they subtracted something true about Jesus and taught a "Jesus" MINUS an important aspect of His total nature and being.

In principle any teaching about Jesus which withdraws some true aspect of His being is an antichrist teaching - "instead of Christ, we present this Christ of our doctrines."

"Jesus while He walked on earth" is ToO's signal that he comes with an antichrist teaching. Behind the phrase is denial of many things about Christ in the New Testament.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Feb '18 10:28
    Originally posted by @sonship
    Many antichrists, says John have gone out into the world.
    Do you still hold to your claim that Jajk999 is "influenced by demons"?

Are you also now inferring that he is an "Antichrist"?

Are you just being spiteful?
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Feb '18 12:124 edits
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Do you still hold to your claim that Jajk999 is "influenced by demons"?

Are you also now inferring that he is an "Antichrist"?

Are you just being spiteful?
    Please store this link so that they next 10 times you ask me either of these questions about Rajk999 and ThinkOfOne, or another supposed teacher of the Bible, you will have your reply.

I am not embarrassed to refer to a persistent and stubborn presentation of a serious erroneous destructive polemic as probably "a doctrine of demons" per the New Testament warning in First Timothy 4:1.

I am not embarrassed to refer to a persistent and stubborn destructive concept denying an aspect of Christ's complete nature as an antichrist teaching per First John 4:3.

I am not reluctant to refer to such a stubborn teacher as an antichrist per the example given to us (using small a ) ie. "many antichrists" per First John 2:18.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree