1. S. Korea
    Moves
    13 Feb '18 23:37
    Originally posted by @sonship
    Read letter antichrists, IMO, are so-called teachers of the New Testament that regard (or appear to regard) only the quotations of Jesus. But their intention is to [b]contradict the New Testament proclamation concerning Jesus Christ.

One should beware of this trickery.[/b]
    Imagine being a Red Letter Christian, partly because:

>Not thinking of the Old Testament as God's words
    >You don't think God played an active role in guiding Paul or the other Apostles.

So you can glean a profound truth and salvation from the Red Letters... but most of the stuff on the outside of it is dubious.

And that was God's plan for Christianity!

"I'm going to let my religion be totally distorted and misportrayed by churches for millennia and have it clamped together with all these words I don't approve of...

"But that's OK! Because in the 20th century some people will put my words in Red, and, at last, after 2,000 years and lots of failure without effectively teaching anyone, my will will be known!"
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    13 Feb '18 23:52
    Originally posted by @thinkofone
    There was a reason that I placed [b]succinctly in bold. If you don't think that your up to the request, then that's okay.

You seemed to have gotten yourself in the weeds and I was hoping that you would be able/willing to provide an uncluttered foundation from which to start.[/b]
    " an uncluttered foundation " the start of every journey
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Feb '18 01:20
    He asked me to explain it and I explained it.

As I recall, he had simply forgotten the password and ended up starting a new account and announced it as such. It had nothing to do with "preference" per se.

Not sure why he's questioning my motives now. Perhaps it's because of the FMJ/dj2becker/romans1009 thing and he doesn't want to be tainted by it.

The difference with the FMJ thing is that he wasn't honest and upfront about it.
    Still pushing the false accusation that I’m Becker? Didn’t you hear the trolls have backed off that? Surely you got the memo.

Are you in the running for head troll now that Ghost retired and is troll emeritus?

FMF and the dive character already declared their candidacies.
  4. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    14 Feb '18 01:51
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    " an uncluttered foundation " the start of every journey
    Extract essence from complexity. Open your hand. Behold truth.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Feb '18 02:022 edits
    Originally posted by @philokalia
    This thread was not intended to be about political activism religious or otherwise.
    Though both this thread and ThinkOfOne's contain the words "red letters" two entirely different themes are being pursued.

I see no implied dichotomy between the two discussions.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Feb '18 02:123 edits
    There was a reason that I placed [b]succinctly in bold. If you don't think that your up to the request, then that's okay.

You seemed to have gotten yourself in the weeds and I was hoping that you would be able/willing to provide an uncluttered foundation from which to start.[/b]
    If I don't exactly dance to your piping, you'll understand.
    If I am not SUCCINCT enough for your standard, I'm sorry.

I would suspect one who discards so much of the New Testament would want to get what he considered mythic trivialities succinctly "out of the way" quickly.

As for "in the weeds" ?
    Concealing your beliefs behind "the question doesn't make sense" is really a sign of being deep in the weeds.
  7. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    14 Feb '18 02:151 edit
    This thread was not intended to be about political activism religious or otherwise.
    Though both this thread and ThinkOfOne's contain the words "red letters" two entirely different themes are being pursued.

Red Letter Christian as it is defined in my thead is not consistent with what he's saying in his post. He seems to be speaking toward how you use it. Also Red Letter Christianity is not about politics so much as it's about how the Bible should be approached.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Feb '18 02:17
    Red Letter Christian as it is defined in my thead is not consistent with what he's saying in his post. Also Red Letter Christianity is not about politics so much as it's about how the Bible should be approached.
    Okay. I didn't go into it all that deeply.

"All Scripture is God breathed [inspired] and is profitable ..." as the Apostle Paul wrote, is my approach as to how to come to the Bible.
  9. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    14 Feb '18 02:232 edits
    Okay. I didn't go into it all that deeply.

[b]"All Scripture is God breathed [inspired] and is profitable ..."
    as the Apostle Paul wrote, is my approach as to how to come to the Bible.[/b]
    They are not saying that it is not all "profitable"

Rather they are saying this:
    <<Some have said that we hold the red letters of the Bible as being superior to the black letters, and that we have propagated the “simple lifestyle” as though it is biblically prescribed. Our response is, “You’ve got us right!”. Not only do we believe that the teachings of Jesus are superior to anything else in the Bible, but that Jesus Himself said that His words were superior to what we read in the black letters...Because Evangelicals have been steeped in the theology of the Pauline Epistles before they scrutinise the teachings of Jesus in the red letters of the Bible, they have read Jesus through the eyes of Paul. Red Letter Christians do just the opposite—we read Paul through the eyes of Jesus. There is no contradiction between these two perspectives, but there is a difference in emphasis.>>
  10. S. Korea
    Moves
    14 Feb '18 02:27

Oh I did not think that I was doing anything bad with my comments or some kind of activism.

I thought that this was directly contributing to the discussion.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Feb '18 02:32
    Originally posted by @philokalia
    Oh I did not think that I was doing anything bad with my comments or some kind of activism.

I thought that this was directly contributing to the discussion.
    I didn't exactly mean to sound scolding toward you.
    I'm sorry if it came across that way.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Feb '18 02:412 edits
    I cant get past your first line. The universe is based on mathematics. Mark my words.
    I cant get past your first line. The universe is based on mathematics. Mark my words.

Oh, I don't need to mark your words to know the physical universe is governed so much by mathematics. I knew that.

But there is more than the physical mechanics of the universe. The "why?" there is a universe to begin with doesn't boil down to some mathematical formula.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Feb '18 02:451 edit
    . Bang!! end of story, thanks for coming

Wow, you took the words right out of your mouth!
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    14 Feb '18 03:51
    . Bang!! end of story, thanks for coming

Wow, you took the words right out of your mouth!
    Yes I did . Have u not heard? I am God. I am the master of myself, nothing less
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Feb '18 08:472 edits
    Yes I did . Have u not heard? I am God. I am the master of myself, nothing less
    Look aside at the minute hand on your nearest clock "God".
    Each tick is bringing you minute closer to your last breath and the beat of your heart.

"...None can by any means redeem his brother or give to God a ransom for him

(For redemption of their soul is costly and must be given up forever) That he would yet live always and not see corruption
    [lit. the pit]. For he will see that wise men die; the foolish one and the senseless one perish alike ..." (Psalm 49:7-10)

God is the uncreated Life - the eternal Father.
    And He became a man to be the Redeemer.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree