Beware -

Beware - "red letter" antichrists

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
14 Feb 18

Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
To karoly-aczel: Look aside at the minute hand on your nearest clock "God".
Each tick is bringing you minute closer to your last breath and the beat of your heart.

Hey now, karoly, I think he is alluding to what he thinks his torturer god is going to do to you if you don't join his religion before you die.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Feb 18
1 edit

So there is an "red letter" antichrist teaching that Jesus did not teach about Himself as a Redeemer.

Here Jesus teaches that He is "constrained" from further accomplishing His mission until He soon undergoes a special "baptism". Most Bible students correctly believe He was referring to His death by crucifixion.

In other words. Jesus felt constrained to advance His work until He undergo the terrible "baptism" of His crucifixion.

" I have come to cast fire on the earth, and how I wish that it were already kindled!

But I have a baptism to be baptized with, and how I am pressed until it is accomplished!" (Luke 49:49,50)

The blood of redemption is not mentioned here, I would agree. But certainly included in His death is the final justification of believers and propitiation for their sins.

"And He said to them, Thus it is written, that the Christ would suffer and rise up from the dead on the third day, And that repentance for forgiveness of sins would be proclaimed in His name to all the nations, beginning from Jerusalem." (Luke 24:46,47)

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Feb 18
1 edit

A certain "red letter" antichrist presentation of Christ's teaching would undercut His death as important to His mission.

But Jesus says He is pressed or constrained until He undergoes a "baptism". His death on the cross of a part of Him casting fire on the earth.

"I have come to cast fire on the earth, and how I wish that it were already kindled!

But I have a baptism to be baptized with, and how I am pressed
[or constrained] until it is accomplished!" (Luke 12:49,50)

His undergoing the judgment of God upon Him as He was made sin for us was the awful baptism that took place on the cross of Calvary.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Feb 18

Originally posted by @fmf
To karoly-aczel: [b]Look aside at the minute hand on your nearest clock "God".
Each tick is bringing you minute closer to your last breath and the beat of your heart.

Hey now, karoly, I think he is alluding to what he thinks his torturer god is going to do to you if you don't join his religion before you die.[/b]
Isn't it torture enough to live a life of such enmity and anger against God and Jesus Christ ? The darkness and emptiness in the heart! ... the not knowing God's love, God's fellowship, not knowing what your human life is??

I'd think he'd find it torture enough to adopt your mind and heart.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Feb 18
3 edits

An "antichrist" presentation of Christ and His mission would undercut that Jesus predicted His rejection would make Him the cornerstone of God's building.

" Jesus said to them, Have you never read in the Scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, this has become the head of the corner,

This was from the Lord, and it is marvelous in our eyes." (Matt. 21:42)

Jesus is teaching that the chief priests and scribes and religious authorities will reject Him by condemning Him to crucifixion. But under God's marvelous sovereignty that death will accomplish eternal redemption establishing Jesus Christ as the cornerstone of the eternal building of God and man.

It is a marvelous display of God's transcendence over time and His ability to cause all things to work together for the accomplishing of His eternal purpose.

A recent "red letter" antichrist "gospel" fights against the centrality of Christ's redeeming death and victorious resurrection.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
14 Feb 18

Originally posted by @sonship
Read letter antichrists, IMO, are so-called teachers of the New Testament that regard (or appear to regard) only the quotations of Jesus. But their intention is to [b]contradict the New Testament proclamation concerning Jesus Christ.

One should beware of this trickery.[/b]
Sometimes I almost agree with you and then you go and spoil it by turning and interesting premise into an nasty uncalled for spiritual jab at one of your detractors by calling him an "Antichrist" and of being "influenced by demons".

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Feb 18
3 edits

Originally posted by @divegeester
Sometimes I almost agree with you and then you go and spoil it by turning and interesting premise into an nasty uncalled for spiritual jab at one of your detractors by calling him an "Antichrist" and of being "influenced by demons".
You may have noticed that I said EVEN IF I should do something negating the total nature of Christ, I too would qualify to be charged with teaching an antichrist doctrine.

You may have also noticed that I said I reserved such a hard saying for resistance and stubborn dogmatic opposition to some aspect of Christ.

In other words, under appreciation, or some naivete, or some novice like unfamiliarity or ignorance would not to me call for the harsh charge of teaching with the spirit of an antichrist.

But dogmatic, insistent, polemic denial and opposition to some aspect of the total revelation of Jesus Christ, I think should be smoked out as the negative behavior of teaching an antichrist doctrine.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
14 Feb 18
1 edit

You may have noticed that I said EVEN IF I should do something negating the total nature of Christ, I too would qualify to be charged with teaching an antichrist doctrine.

You may have also noticed that I said I reserved such a hard saying for resistance and stubborn dogmatic opposition to some aspect of Christ.

In other words, under appreciation, o ...[text shortened]... hrist, I think should be smoked out as the negative behavior of teaching an antichrist doctrine.
Sometimes people are stubborn, argumentative, annoying and even disagreeable, this does not mean that they deserve the most foul insult that one Christian and fire at another by calling them influenced by demons or an Antichrist. Call them a jerk or a cock or a nitwit or a silly-billy or even some of the more colour metaphors that occasionally get used.

F

Moves
14 Feb 18

Isn't it torture enough to live a life of such enmity and anger against God and Jesus Christ ? The darkness and emptiness in the heart! ... the not knowing God's love, God's fellowship, not knowing what your human life is?? I'd think he'd find it torture enough to adopt your mind and heart.
I live a happy and fulfilling life, sonship. It's funny how your mind works. I don't believe any of the stuff you say about "God and Jesus Christ" - nor do I share your partisan and dissent-averse religionist outlook - so the words you've typed above are a bit odd to say the least. Maybe you intend them for others' consumption? Maybe you are just preening.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Feb 18
6 edits

Originally posted by @divegeester
Sometimes people are stubborn, argumentative, annoying and even disagreeable, this does not mean that they deserve the most foul insult that one Christian and fire at another by calling them influenced by demons or an Antichrist. Call them a jerk or a cock or a nitwit or a silly-billy or even some of the more colour metaphors that occasionally get used.
So though over several years plenty of times I encountered the "disagreeable, argumentative, annoying (in spades) and stubborn," I sure didn't call each and every one of them an Antichrist, Did I?

Now - capital A - Antichrist, I would not call anyone I know because I don't know who the FINAL [capital A] Antichrist is.

John, said that there were many antichrists gone forth in the world (See 1 John 2:18, 4:1-6). I neither think he meant each and every person who annoyed him or argued with him.

I think I am pretty much just following the New Testament's example of the occasional usage of the charge.

As for demons, once again - I recall nothing more than saying that a certain teaching PROBABLY qualified as a "doctrine of demons" - referring to Rajk999's teaching that no one is born again until the second coming of Christ.

That is an extremely destructive teaching to the Christian church.

Now if you repeat often enough and over and over again that I declared definitely someone was under demonic activity, you'll probably succeed in influencing some to believe that.

But I have always thought you underestimate how carefully I choose my words when writing. I',m not perfect, but I am careful.

Other names "nitwit, jerk" are distractions by drawing attention to personalities when it is only the TRUTH of the Scripture and Jesus Christ that I wish to draw attention to here.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
14 Feb 18

So though over several years plenty of times I encountered the "disagreeable, argumentative, annoying (in spades) and stubborn," I sure didn't call each and every one of them an Antichrist, Did I?

Now - capital [b]A
- Antichrist, I would not call anyone I know because I don't know who the FINAL [capital A] Antichrist is.

John, said that there we ...[text shortened]... en it is only the TRUTH of the Scripture and Jesus Christ that I wish to draw attention to here.[/b]
It is the teaching of Jesus Christ that followers are regenerated when he returns.
That is not Rajk999s teaching.

Then answered Peter and said unto him, Behold, we have forsaken all, and followed thee; what shall we have therefore? And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. (Matthew 19:27-28 KJV)

In the regeneration when Christ sits on his throne... got it?
That process of changing men into spiritual beings is called the regeneration = being born of the spirit

Hence this other passage by Christ that spiritual beings are like the wind:

The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit. (John 3:8 KJV)

Doctrines that are not clearly stated by Jesus Christ are the doctrine of demons.
You are preaching the doctrine of demons.

Truth takes only a few words.
Your lies and misinformation rambles on for pages and pages, and thread after thread .. foolishness that is contrary to Christ.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Feb 18
2 edits

Originally posted by @fmf
I live a happy and fulfilling life, sonship. It's funny how your mind works.

Well, giggle harder. But I do have a memory of my own life alienated from God.

Besides, I've spent hours watching the talks of the world's loud and proud God opposers. They all look misreable when you look into their faces.

Christopher Hitchens,
Richard Dawkins,
David Silverman,
Matt Dillihunty,
Michael Shermer,
Dan Barker,

All these guys are world class anti-God intellectuals.
Not one of them looks very happy to me. They all look agitated, pissed off, bothered,...

Lawrence Krauss has a kind of jolly grin now and then.

And I remember even in I don't believe any of the stuff you say about "God and Jesus Christ" - nor do I share your partisan and dissent-averse religionist outlook - so the words you've typed above are a bit odd to say the least. Maybe you intend them for others' consumption? Maybe you are just preening.

Which thread did you joyfully explain what your fulfilled life was all about ??? Link me please.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Feb 18

?

Which ?

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
14 Feb 18

I live a happy and fulfilling life, sonship. It's funny how your mind works.

Well, giggle harder. But I do have a memory of my own life alienated from God.

Besides, I've spent hours watching the talks of the world's loud and proud God opposers. They all look misreable when you look into their faces.

Christopher Hitchens,
Richard D ...[text shortened]... hich thread did you joyfully explain what your fulfilled life was all about ??? Link me please.
Are you implying there are no miserable looking theists?!

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Feb 18

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
Are you implying there are no miserable looking theists?!
LOL.

"Uncle, uncle !"