1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    17 Dec '16 20:251 edit
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    What does Paul say in Romans 2 about people who have the law written in their hearts?

Did he say that they are doomed to the fires of hell?

You are very quick to judge and condemn people that God may just welcome into His Kingdom. What did Christ say about those who like to condemn the innocent?
    As far as I know he says nothing about salvation at all in Romans 2. He only says some Gentiles show that they have the Mosaic Law written on their hearts.

Romans 3:20

Therefore no one will be declared righteous in his sight by observing the law; rather, through the law we become conscious of sin.

You take Romans 2 where Paul argues that there is no difference between Jew and Gentile to be a statement of salvation. When in fact Paul wrote that no one is saved by following the law, Jew or Gentile.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    17 Dec '16 20:292 edits
    Originally posted by Eladar
    As far as I know he says nothing about salvation at all in Romans 2. He only says some Gentiles show that they have the Mosaic Law written on their hearts.

Romans 3:20

Therefore no one will be declared righteous in his sight by observing the law; rather, through the law we become conscious of sin.

You take Romans 2 where Paul argues that there is ...[text shortened]... of salvation. When in fact Paul wrote that no one is saved by following the law, Jew or Gentile.
    Clearly you have a reading comprehension deficiency. I suggest you go deal with that.

Paul said that Those with no law who have the WORKS OF THE LAW written in their hearts, THEY WILL BE JUDGED. There is nothing about burning in the fires of hell.

You have a whole bunch of church nonsense in your head.
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    17 Dec '16 20:521 edit
    Clearly you are a reading comprehension deficiency. I suggest you go deal with that.

Paul said that Those with no law who have the law written in their hearts, THEY WILL BE JUDGED. There is nothing about burning in the fires of hell.

You have a whole bunch of church nonsense in your head.
    How many people will earn their way into heaven by living the perfect life?

Answer is zero.

Revelation 21:27

Nothing impure will ever enter it, nor will anyone who does what is shameful or deceitful, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb's book of life.

Is there a single pure person? Notice it did not say those whose good works outweigh their sin. It says pure.

John 16:27

No, the Father himself loves you because you have loved me and believed that I came from God.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    17 Dec '16 21:00
    How many people will earn their way into heaven by living the perfect life?

Answer is zero.

Revelation 21:27

Nothing impure will ever enter it, nor will anyone who does what is shameful or deceitful, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb's book of life.

Is there a single pure person? Notice it did not say those whose good works out ...[text shortened]...

No, the Father himself loves you because you have loved me and believed that I came from God.
    Of course all are unworthy, Christians included. What is the point.

After judgment of all peeple Jesus will choose those who have done the good works {all sinners and all unworthy], as he stated in Matt 25. and welcome them into the Kingdom of God.

Do you think that it is beyond Gods ability to make people pure so that they can enter into the Kingdom?
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    17 Dec '16 21:09
    Of course all are unworthy, Christians included. What is the point.

After judgment of all peeple Jesus will choose those who have done the good works {all sinners and all unworthy], as he stated in Matt 25. and welcome them into the Kingdom of God.

Do you think that it is beyond Gods ability to make people pure so that they can enter into the Kingdom?
    You repeat an assumption that is in direct opposition to scripture I have quoted in this thread.

Romans 3:22

This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe.

Now verse 28

For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from observing the law.
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    17 Dec '16 21:11
    What do you mean by the church? Roman Catholics? Lutherans? Baptists?
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    17 Dec '16 21:33
    What do you mean by the church? Roman Catholics? Lutherans? Baptists?
    Church = Any organised Christian Sect
    Body of Christ = Christ Sheep = Saints who will enter the Kingdom of God

Christ sheep are all those who live righteously and do good works.
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    17 Dec '16 21:35
    You repeat an assumption that is in direct opposition to scripture I have quoted in this thread.

Romans 3:22

This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe.

Now verse 28

For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from observing the law.
    Christ said that those who do good works will enter the Kingdom of God.

You quote Paul about faith
    I quote Christ about works.

Is Paul a greater authority ?
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    17 Dec '16 21:48
    Christ said that those who do good works will enter the Kingdom of God.

You quote Paul about faith
    I quote Christ about works.

Is Paul a greater authority ?
    Did Christ say all who do good work will enter the kingdom of heaven?

The Pharisees did good works and followed the law and then some. Jesus said that they wete actually evil.
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    17 Dec '16 22:01
    Did Christ say all who do good work will enter the kingdom of heaven?

The Pharisees did good works and followed the law and then some. Jesus said that they wete actually evil.
    Yes, Christ said that in Matt 25 .. ALL NATIONS. You dont think that means ALL PEOPLE?

You will find absolutely nowhere in the Bible where it is stated that the Pharisees did good works.

You constantly make statements that have no biblical support.
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    17 Dec '16 22:28
    Yes, Christ said that in Matt 25 .. ALL NATIONS. You dont think that means ALL PEOPLE?

You will find absolutely nowhere in the Bible where it is stated that the Pharisees did good works.

You constantly make statements that have no biblical support.
    Matthew 23:27-28

"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharasees, you hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside but on the inside are full of dead men's bones and everything unclean. In the same way, on the outside you appear to people as righteous but on the inside you are full of hypocrisy and wickedness.

So Jesus says that on the outside they appear righteous which means they did good works. They followed the Mosaic Law as well as any.

As for all nations, all this is daying is that at the end all people will come before Jesus. All will be there, goats and sheep or saved and doomed.
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    17 Dec '16 22:33
    Matthew 23:27-28

"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharasees, you hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside but on the inside are full of dead men's bones and everything unclean. In the same way, on the outside you appear to people as righteous but on the inside you are full of hypocrisy and wickedness.

So Jesu ...[text shortened]... e end all people will come before Jesus. All will be there, goats and sheep or saved and doomed.
    The term 'appear righteous' to YOU means 'good works'? Good for you.

Matt 25 says all nations = all people.

I think you have more than a few loose screws.
  13. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    17 Dec '16 22:48
    The term 'appear righteous' to YOU means 'good works'? Good for you.

Matt 25 says all nations = all people.

I think you have more than a few loose screws.
    How can one appear righteous without good works?

Matthew 25 says all nations will be judged no more about all nations. Where does it say all nations will have sheep?
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    17 Dec '16 22:57
    How can one appear righteous without good works?

Matthew 25 says all nations will be judged no more about all nations. Where does it say all nations will have sheep?
    Q : Where does the Bible say that the Pharisees did good works?
    A : NOWHERE. Appear righteous means good works only to an illiterate Christian

All nations / people will be judged. There will be two groups:
    Sheep - those who did good works, and they get eternal life
    Goats - those who refused to do good works. - they get the lake of fire.

As usual Jesus says nothing about faith. Same with the story about the Rich man and Lazarus; the rich selfish bastard was cast into place of torment and the poor man was sent to a place of rest. Same with the story of the Good Samaritan - the priest and the levite, men of faith [dead faith] refused to help the man but the man who did not even hear of Christ stopped to help - he gets eternal life,

So pal .. continue to delude yourself. This is my last post to you so good luck.
  15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    17 Dec '16 23:181 edit
    Q : Where does the Bible say that the Pharisees did good works?
    A : NOWHERE. Appear righteous means good works only to an illiterate Christian

All nations / people will be judged. There will be two groups:
    Sheep - those who did good works, and they get eternal life
    Goats - those who refused to do good works. - they get the lake of fire.

As usual Je ...[text shortened]... ernal life,

So pal .. continue to delude yourself. This is my last post to you so good luck.
    Recap

Paul is not an authoritative source of christian beliefs. So you throw out all of the Pauline letters which includes Romans 2.

You can appear righteous without good works. Not sure how that happens since good works make you righteous.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree