1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Dec '16 11:211 edit
    Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
    I have been unequivocal about 2 things.

1. Faith without works is dead.
    2. We are not saved by works, lest any man should boast.
    So you believe that Christians have to do what you call "good works" in order to be "saved" because the Bible commands it?
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    21 Dec '16 11:482 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    So you believe that Christians have to do what you call "good works" in order to be "saved" because the Bible commands it?
    That isn't what he said, at least in that quote. Nit sure why you would ask him that question based on that quote.
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    21 Dec '16 11:53
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    As mentioned before, Romans 2:14-15 tells us that the requirements of the law are written on our hearts, and that this includes Gentiles.

God is telling you that even people without faith can do 'good works' if they follow their conscience and 'do by nature what the Law requires.'

Why are you not hearing this?
    Under the new covenant are people saved by following the law?

Paul says no in Romans 3.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Dec '16 12:04
    Originally posted by Eladar
    That isn't what he said, at least in that quote.
    I am not saying it's "what he said". I am asking him a question.
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    21 Dec '16 12:09
    Originally posted by FMF
    I am not saying it's "what he said". I am asking him a question.
    The answer is obviously no for anyone who believes the Bible.

Which is why you believe it is a relavent question.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Dec '16 12:24
    Originally posted by Eladar
    The answer is obviously no for anyone who believes the Bible.
    The notion that you can take it upon yourself speak on behalf of "anyone who believes the Bible" is just plain silly.
  7. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    21 Dec '16 12:52
    Originally posted by FMF
    The Bible says we are saved by faith, not by works. Faith without works is dead. So anyone who claims to have faith but does no good works is lying about their faith.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Dec '16 12:54
    The Bible says we are saved by faith, not by works. Faith without works is dead. So anyone who claims to have faith but does no good works is lying about their faith.
    So "good works" are not optional?
  9. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    21 Dec '16 13:001 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    So "good works" are not optional?
    I would rather say faith is not optional. Good works are a natural outworking of faith. It would also depend on what you define as "good works".
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Dec '16 13:051 edit
    I would rather say faith is not optional. Good works are a natural outworking of faith.
    Without the "good works", though, no amount of "faith" will save them, is that what you mean?
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Dec '16 13:051 edit
    It would also depend on what you define as "good works".
    Do you believe your Christian ministry/testimony here on this forum is part of your "good works"?
  12. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    21 Dec '16 13:12
    Originally posted by FMF
    Without the "good works", though, no amount of "faith" will save them, is that what you mean?
    We have been over this before. Remember our long discussion about the thief on the cross? Or are you pretending to have forgotten?
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Dec '16 13:15
    We have been over this before. Remember our long discussion about the thief on the cross? Or are you pretending to have forgotten?
    OK, I'll take that as the only"answer" you're going to offer to that question. It's OK. As you know, while I would have been interested in the answer, it is the behaviour of people like you that I find most interesting.

Here is a different angle:

So when someone with "faith" dies, their "good works" are judged in order to evaluate whether their "faith" was 'living' or 'dead', is that what you believe?
  14. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    21 Dec '16 13:39
    Originally posted by FMF
    Actually without faith no amount of 'works' can save us.
  15. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    21 Dec '16 13:41
    Originally posted by FMF
    Do you believe your Christian ministry/testimony here on this forum is part of your "good works"?
    If I believed your question was sincere and your motives were pure, I might have answered it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree